Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

32 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Well @cambridgeshire canary has posted on another thread that he heard we are in for Oxfords Rob Dickie? Does that fit the bill for you? What have you heard chap?

Saw the thread about us possibly signing a centre back. Yes I agree we need one but in my opinion if we are to sign one we need to look for one who isn’t injury prone with either good Championship or possibly even PL experience. To find a player of that standard I think we need to start off having a look at 1st tier clubs, not 3rd tier

Ok, I don’t know anything about Dickie’s career history but if he only has 3rd tier experience like I think so, then surely Famewo’s probably as good as him

46 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Well @cambridgeshire canary has posted on another thread that he heard we are in for Oxfords Rob Dickie? Does that fit the bill for you? What have you heard chap?

Possibly! Tried to find an interview but doesn't sound like him. But we do have someone staying near the ground with the description I gave, which is all we have to go on!

Just now, hogesar said:

Possibly! Tried to find an interview but doesn't sound like him. But we do have someone staying near the ground with the description I gave, which is all we have to go on!

Apparently he's a clone of Sean Raggett

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Hmm...do the similarities end in bone structure? Or do they play similarly/injured as frequently?

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given our performance this season his price has no doubt lowered, but hes still young and English which of course raises it

I would honestly estimate around 15 million or so

As the board has no need to sell and want to hold on to as many of our key players as possible, Webber stated that the starting price for any of our talent would be a minimum of £20m. Don’t know if that will be the case though 

17 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Interesting. George Elek is the host of the Not the Top 20 podcast. He's also an Oxford Utd fan with a lot of links to the club. I'm starting to think there might be something in this.

Anyone for Martin Braithwaite?

Barcelona are looking to offload February signing Martin Braithwaite, 29, with the Denmark forward not in manager Quique Setien's plans for next season. 

Aside from players out (Leitner, Trybull, Vrancic, etc.) I would guess our transfer business is more or less nearing an end except for some punts on a S, CB, and GK? We don't need anyone else, truly, but those might be spots for a well chosen loan.

38 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Shola Ameobi

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I won't accept that we cannot be an attractive and viable loan destination for the younger players of top clubs. Look at what Leeds got with Harrison, Costa, White, Nketiah ... and what WBA got out of Krovinovic, Pereira, Diangana ... Compare with Roberts and Amadou ... ☹️. We have to do better!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Interesting. George Elek is the host of the Not the Top 20 podcast. He's also an Oxford Utd fan with a lot of links to the club. I'm starting to think there might be something in this.

I think George is getting at Oxford might bring in Raggert to replace Rob Dickie, because Raggert looks like Rob Dickie.

This link in the Oxford Press has some interesting quotes though -- https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/18618024.oxford-united-boss-in-demand-rob-dickies-price-gone/https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/18618024.oxford-united-boss-in-demand-rob-dickies-price-gone/

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Barcelona are looking to offload February signing Martin Braithwaite, 29, with the Denmark forward not in manager Quique Setien's plans for next season. 

He's on 85 grand a week. You think he want's to cut that to less than 20 to play in the 2nd tier of English football and enjoy the fruits of Luton and Wycombe when he could be sunbathing in Malaga?

33 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

He doesn't have a very Danish name. What's the Danish for Ecky Thump?

2 hours ago, paddycanary said:

Wess Cark boy!!

First time I went  into a pub over here I thought a fella was trying to sell me a pig fence, he kept saying ' swine meshin,  swine meshin '  I kept repeating that I had no pigs and had no Intention of  getting  any.once I'd had a couple of pints I realised he was trying to sell me a sewing machine!! Still have no idea why he thought I might want one of those. Friendly  folks alright  , just don't agree to anything unless you are 100 % sure what you are agreeing to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I think George is getting at Oxford might bring in Raggert to replace Rob Dickie, because Raggert looks like Rob Dickie.

This link in the Oxford Press has some interesting quotes though -- https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/18618024.oxford-united-boss-in-demand-rob-dickies-price-gone/https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/18618024.oxford-united-boss-in-demand-rob-dickies-price-gone/

You’re quite right. I read it as on his way into Norwich, but much more likely to mean as you say. 

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I believe Raggett will end up at Pompey, they were very complimentary about him.

6 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

£15m no way. Ben Gibson cost £15m.

£25m would be a minimum for Godfrey.

Ben Gibson is left footed though.

Just like Nathan Ake.

Lots of managers would like a left footed centre back, and our left footed centre back appears to be in decline.

7 hours ago, Darth Vadis said:

Would this make the Man deal more likely? Becali in €11m debt...

I think we moved on with the signing of Placheta to be honest. Their own sounds like a nightmare, and whilst I feel for the player, play silly games win silly prizes.

11 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Ben Gibson is left footed though.

Just like Nathan Ake.

Lots of managers would like a left footed centre back, and our left footed centre back appears to be in decline.

We don't have a left-footed CB as far as I'm aware? I guess you might be referring to Klose but he is right-footed

8 hours ago, Darth Vadis said:

Would this make the Man deal more likely? Becali in €11m debt...

I think we would get him had Buendia left by now. But, I am hoping, that we have Buendia come September (a man can dream).

49 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I think we would get him had Buendia left by now. But, I am hoping, that we have Buendia come September (a man can dream).

I think the saving grace on the Buendia front is that he wasn't free scoring this season. If he was they would be queued up for him. Can see us selling the likes of Cantwell to raise funds and hopefully keep Buendia for a while.

Edited by jaberry2

9 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I think the saving grace on the Buendia front is that he wasn't free scoring this season. If he was they would be queued up for him. Can see us selling the likes of Cantwell to raise funds and hopefully keep Buendia for a while.

I’d prefer it the other way.  I’ve never quite got the love-in for Emi (to the level of many), he’s quite clearly a decent player and would do well next season, but so is/would Cantwell.

Edited by Branston Pickle

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’d prefer it the other way.  I’ve never quite got the love-in for Emi (to the level of many), he’s quite clearly a decent player and would do well next season, but so is/would Cantwell.

Far from the finished product and does give away the ball far too frequently in the premiership. Cantwell is better technically IMO, i just think Cantwell will be in more demand than Buendia.

Possibly, though Emi may be more in-demand in Spain/other countries.  There’s still quite a high likelihood we will sell both of them.  Dowell and Placheta (or possibly Sinani if he comes good) could be seen as filling in their roles.

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

All for that mate, Buendia will be pivotal in the championship (as he was before)

Interest line in an Athletic piece about Leeds' strategy on promotion.

'Leeds have made contact with Norwich about Emiliano Buendia after they dropped back to the Championship but the enquiry was described to The Athletic as "only a small ask".' 

7 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

'Leeds have made contact with Norwich about Emiliano Buendia after they dropped back to the Championship but the enquiry was described to The Athletic as "only a small ask".' 

I guess we don't know our reply yet?

There is a World of difference in a reply that says

"Not for sale at all, don't bother asking again" and

"Not for sale at all, but out of sheer curiosity what price were you thinking of offering"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

WTF does that mean - "are you open to giving him away for nothing?"