Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

6 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Typical Norwich, missed out on a defender as Nathan Ake decides to sign for Man City.

Will we ever sign a decent CB? 😡

£41,000,000 is a massive boost to Bournemouth's coffers. That's a lot of spending power for Howe or his successor.

1 minute ago, ALBOWLLY said:

£41,000,000 is a massive boost to Bournemouth's coffers. That's a lot of spending power for Howe or his successor.

Or it plugs a gap in their finances as (it's been reported) none of their players have relegation clauses in their contracts.

Interesting to see where the market is being set for relegated players. Bournemouth conceded just 10 less than us, still went down- and they have a home-grown defender leaving for that amount. 

Not saying Godfrey is on the same level as Ake necessarily- but the market is what the market is.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Interesting to see where the market is being set for relegated players. Bournemouth conceded just 10 less than us, still went down- and they have a home-grown defender leaving for that amount. 

Not saying Godfrey is on the same level as Ake necessarily- but the market is what the market is.

Does he count as home grown? He’s dutch. Genuine question.

5 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

He's on their home grown list on the Premier League website. 

Think he's a good player, will suit Man City well.

22 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Same as Krul, Ake was at Chelsea from the age of 16 so as far as UEFA are concerned the answer is yes.

1 hour ago, ALBOWLLY said:

I mean, you would think that but given Bournmouths stonking rich owners who had no issues with spunking ridiculous sums on deadwood players 40 million isnt much to them

4 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

You sure it wasn’t Ollie?

Yep, my mistake, lived here over 30 years and I still cant get what they're saying some of the time. Apologies.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

He would do as he came through Chelsea's youth team. 

Home grown means you played in this country for three seasons between the ages of 16-21 (I think). Nationality doesn't come into it. So hence Krul counts as homegrown for us as he was playing for Newcastle in those years. 

Edited by king canary
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheGoogler said:

He's on their home grown list on the Premier League website. 

Think he's a good player, will suit Man City well.

Ah ok, knew Krul qualifies, had a hunch he would too, seems to have been here forever.

he will have a very easy job at Man City 😂

Does the Ake transfer give any guidance as to Godfrey's market value, I wonder? Somewhere in the £20-25m bracket I'd guess, all things considered.

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

Does the Ake transfer give any guidance as to Godfrey's market value, I wonder? Somewhere in the £20-25m bracket I'd guess, all things considered.

Given our performance this season his price has no doubt lowered, but hes still young and English which of course raises it

I would honestly estimate around 15 million or so

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given our performance this season his price has no doubt lowered, but hes still young and English which of course raises it

£15m no way. Ben Gibson cost £15m.

£25m would be a minimum for Godfrey.

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

£15m no way. Ben Gibson cost £15m.

£25m would be a minimum for Godfrey.

Would quite like Ben Gibson though...

48 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Yep, my mistake, lived here over 30 years and I still cant get what they're saying some of the time. Apologies.  

Wess Cark boy!!

2 hours ago, ALBOWLLY said:

Their finances are screwed. 90 mill of debt, 11k stadium capacity, something like 76mill in outstanding transfer fees... oh yeah and a wage bill over 111mill.

Callum wilson is on 100k per week+.

They're going to have to have a fire sale just to get the numbers into something that won't sink the club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ALBOWLLY said:

Saw something about them still owing £81m in transfer fees and before Ake only having £5m due to them. 

They need to sell to get their wage bill down too so expect a few more before they can really start to spend.

1 minute ago, Grant Holts Moustache said:

Saw something about them still owing £81m in transfer fees and before Ake only having £5m due to them. 

They need to sell to get their wage bill down too so expect a few more before they can really start to spend.

They made a 32 mill loss last year too.

I feel like Liverpool should do Bournemouth a solid and pay massively over the odds for Callum Wilson to say thanks for Bournemouth somehow giving them a combined £40m odd for Jordan Ibe, Dominic Solanke and Brad Smith.

Going to sound odd but I promise it's relevant. Have we been linked with any cockney-sounding white players? Anyone know?

55 minutes ago, king canary said:

Would quite like Ben Gibson though...

Yeah, he'd be a good option - depending on what Burnley want for him. I think after his £15m move he has barely played for them.

I saw that Warnock wanted to bring him back to Boro on loan. Norwich jumping on that deal, even with a loan, could be a good move.

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Going to sound odd but I promise it's relevant. Have we been linked with any cockney-sounding white players? Anyone know?

Yes or No 🤷‍♂️

18 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Their finances are screwed. 90 mill of debt, 11k stadium capacity, something like 76mill in outstanding transfer fees... oh yeah and a wage bill over 111mill.

Callum wilson is on 100k per week+.

They're going to have to have a fire sale just to get the numbers into something that won't sink the club.

There's an article on the Athletic that states that they plan to sell just Ake, King and Wilson, which they believe will be enough to survive this season and enable them to buy a few players this summer.

They also have a group of good, young players that they believe can thrive in the Chamionship... Cook, Brooks, Ramsdale, Kelly, Mepham and Lerma, although he will attract interest.

I'm sure they'll be challenging next year, particularly if Howe stays. I'm sure they won't mind breaking FFP again...

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Well @cambridgeshire canary has posted on another thread that he heard we are in for Oxfords Rob Dickie? Does that fit the bill for you? What have you heard chap?

Just now, Yellow and Green said:

There's an article on the Athletic that states that they plan to sell just Ake, King and Wilson, which they believe will be enough to survive this season and enable them to buy a few players this summer.

They also have a group of good, young players that they believe can thrive in the Chamionship... Cook, Brooks, Ramsdale, Kelly, Mepham and Lerma, although he will attract interest.

I'm sure they'll be challenging next year, particularly if Howe stays. I'm sure they won't mind breaking FFP again...

Lerma will go, as will Brooks. They have some decent players but I don't particularly fear them without Wilson, Ake and King. 

3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Lerma will go, as will Brooks. They have some decent players but I don't particularly fear them without Wilson, Ake and King. 

Not sure Brooks will go, his injury has set him back a bit. 

5 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Well @cambridgeshire canary has posted on another thread that he heard we are in for Oxfords Rob Dickie? Does that fit the bill for you? What have you heard chap?

Hes from near Reading so don't think he's a cockney but may have a London accent.

17 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Brooks is quality

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So an England under 21 captain who's played a full season in the prem is only worth a couple of million more than the Murphy's and Pritchard?!