Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

There is usual a period of transfer domino’s dependant on 2 or 3 big transfers and then the rest happen quickly.

The short nature of the window before the new season starts presents a bit of a challenge but the European trophies haven’t concluded yet and this maybe the catalyst. 

I originally thought the most likely outs from Norwich we’re Cantwell and Aarons but with Chilwell potentially leaving Leicester and Liverpool looking for a left back then I think Lewis might go to. I have a feeling that Buendia, Pukki and Godfrey will stay. 

10 minutes ago, Big O said:

There is usual a period of transfer domino’s dependant on 2 or 3 big transfers and then the rest happen quickly.

The short nature of the window before the new season starts presents a bit of a challenge but the European trophies haven’t concluded yet and this maybe the catalyst. 

I originally thought the most likely outs from Norwich we’re Cantwell and Aarons but with Chilwell potentially leaving Leicester and Liverpool looking for a left back then I think Lewis might go to. I have a feeling that Buendia, Pukki and Godfrey will stay. 

Exactly it is just like the housing market ,

Transfers have the same chain Effect which is not in full flow

i am a for bargains and youngsters for future 

But if we sell a couple of our highly rated youngsters i hope the club splash out for some real quality 

24 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Jeremy, I can’t fully agree with others that you are a ****... because , I just think you are a bit boring Enjoy your life loser 😂

If anyone wants me, I'm living rent free in @yellow_belly's head.

Edited by TheGoogler
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

The point being, there are no guarantees. Was he a better buy at £3m than Zimmermann from the German fourth division for nothing? 

Exactly - or Godfrey - 1 or 2 million vs Klose's 8 million

Or Husband - reputedly a million vs Lamal Lewis (very little)

Or Ben Marshall (600,000) vs Aarons (very little)

It just goes on and on. It's almost a rule of thumb!

Twitter rumours starting to circulate that we're in for Rob Dickie, centre back from Oxford. 

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Just heard on the Radio that Marley Watkins has got 25 goals in the Champs this season.

He's made 25 appearances across 2 years, scoring 3 goals.

I suspect you heard them talking about the Brentford striker Ollie Watkins, who has indeed got 25 goals this season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Twitter rumours starting to circulate that we're in for Rob Dickie, centre back from Oxford. 

24, their player of the season 19/20, contract appears to expire next summer.

Edited by Fuzzar

6 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

All I could see were two dubious ‘ITK’ accounts mentioning it. 

Dickie has been heavily linked to Reading (he was in their academy and is a Reading fan) this summer. Reading are likely to sell Liam Moore this summer and will use the money to get Dickie.

Dickie had a great season in League One and can certainly handle the passing game Norwich play. Whether he’d be an improvement to the first team is a question mark though. 

Looking at the Oxford fans forums,they highly rate Rob Dickie. Apparently he’s a ball playing central defender, who can pick out a pass. 

7 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Good at passing, main weakness is tackling. Where have I seen that before?

I presume you got that from Whoscored. For context they also say one of Virgil Van Dijk’s ‘weaknesses’ is tackling. 

45 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Good at passing, main weakness is tackling. Where have I seen that before?

My only question would be whether he stays fit to actually play...😜

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Just heard on the Radio that Marley Watkins has got 25 goals in the Champs this season.

You sure it wasn’t Ollie?

7 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Two very dubious sites, had a look back at Acura sports previous tweets, they seem to get more wrong, than right.

51 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Two very dubious sites, had a look back at Acura sports previous tweets, they seem to get more wrong, than right.

Thought it was worth mentioning either way, for those of us that would be pleased to see we've reached the part of the window you can sign defenders in.

• Haha 2

Just now, Mason 47 said:

Thought it was worth mentioning either way, for those of us that would be pleased to see we've reached the part of the window you can sign defenders in.

No no, the CB window has already passed. Clubs a joke, sack the board, sell the kids.

43 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

We’ve got defenders, none can stay fit though!

11 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Club are teasing another signing

I love the signings that haven't leaked. Wonder who it is?!

A bit weird to be signing an attacking midfielder to play at CB but I trust the project 

😂

• Haha 2

Is he the guy that scored a few for Wigan on loan?  Presumably would only be a loan but not seen anything linking us

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Is he the guy that scored a few for Wigan on loan?  Presumably would only be a loan but not seen anything linking us

Three year deal apparently!

5 goals and 2 assists in 12 starts for Wigan in the championship and represents England U21s.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Scored a hat trick in their 8-0 demolition of Hull

3 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Scored a hat trick in their 8-0 demolition of Hull

Sounds like what we've lacked; Goals from Midfield. 

Happy enough with that - will have been well schooled at Everton and with the England u21s, also decent Champs experience out on loan.

Edited by Branston Pickle