Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

4 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

I will Don't understand when we sign young strikers but DF only plays one. What chance will others get if Teemu starts games alone? Surely it's time to play 2 strikers with a winger? 

The only young striker we have signed is Soto, who can't get a UK work permit this season so will be out on loan in the Dutch league. Not sure I follow the logic of your point.

Adam as well. In principal i still would like to see more threat with natural goal scorers that rely on midfielders to score which we have proved hasn't really worked. 

3 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

Adam as well. In principal i still would like to see more threat with natural goal scorers that rely on midfielders to score which we have proved hasn't really worked. 

Idah has been in the academy for several years now, and was signed before Farke was even at the club. Don't necessarily disagree with your point about wanting more attacking threat but if we didn't sign strikers (of any age) then we wouldn't have anyone to play up top in a two if Farke does decide that's something he wants to do.

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

On the subject of young strikers and transfers, I see Gassan Ahadme has joined Real Oviedo on loan for the season. Interesting to see that he's joined a stable mid-table team in Spain's second tier. Will he get many games there?

He's joined their B team, so will be in the third tier of Spanish football. 

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Why aren't they signed alphabetically is what I'd like to know? 

Disgraceful. Webber out.

22 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

He seemed to be a talent, is this the start of his moving on gaining experience?

1 hour ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

He seemed to be a talent, is this the start of his moving on gaining experience?

Yeah I recall good things. It is an early loan so looks like both clubs and the player will gain from this.

I think the loan watch is always a good one to read during the season, hopefully hear about the progression a little more with this loan move.

16 hours ago, TheGoogler said:

You literally said that. I'll quote you.

See?

I understand the value of Championship experience and I agree to an extent a couple of experienced heads is never a bad thing. But we're not going to be signing proven top level players. Never even mind "household names". It's just not realistic 

I disagree and stand by my comment.

I haven’t said we should sign ‘top level’  Or ‘household names’ players but perhaps some established players in whatever league that we in - be them young or old - that a) are not a punt and b) that we are more confident can handle the league without waiting for them to acclimatize, get up to speed, settle into a new country... 

But you knew this.

7 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

I haven’t said we should sign ‘top level’  Or ‘household names’ players but perhaps some established players in whatever league that we in - be them young or old - that a) are not a punt and b) that we are more confident can handle the league without waiting for them to acclimatize, get up to speed, settle into a new country... 

But you knew this.

That is the opposite of what you said.

I'm now going to call you Boris Johnson forever more.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

And I am honest enough to admit I thought it was a good transfer too! And probably posted as such...😳

Certainly not alone!

With Ben Chillwell wanting to join Chelsea will Leicester come in for Lewis?

1 minute ago, Indy said:

With Ben Chillwell wanting to join Chelsea will Leicester come in for Lewis?

Potentially - but they really like Luke Thomas who is from their academy.

Think they might go for a more senior left back to help Thomas to develop.

5 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Is that the level he was playing at when he joined us from Spain?

10 hours ago, kirku said:

Can't work out which is more moronic; those who think we should be signing "household names" and pretending they knew who Buendia was, or those who think signings are made in chronological order of importance.

It's fascinating.

This 100000% 😅

1 hour ago, Jerrykerry said:

Why haven't we signed a defender yet? 

Window has been open for literally days now. 

Clubs a joke. 

ONLY 1,612 HOURS 58 MINUTES TO SAVE OUR CLUB!!!!?!!!?!?!!?

5 hours ago, yellow_belly said:

But you knew this.

So, for instance, Grant Hanley, who we signed just before the end of the summer window in 2017 for about £3m. That Grant Hanley who has taken so much stick on here since then he probably wishes he'd not bothered. He wasn't a punt - almost 200 games at Championship level and no injury record. Good, solid, experienced centre back. Yet in 3 years for us he's played just over 50 games.

The point being, there are no guarantees. Was he a better buy at £3m than Zimmermann from the German fourth division for nothing? 

10 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

ONLY 1,612 HOURS 58 MINUTES TO SAVE OUR CLUB!!!!?!!!?!?!!?

Not forgetting that approx a third of that is sleepy time. then there's food prep and eating time. haircut, loading/emptying dishwashers (or washing and drying up), shower/bath time................

The list goes on for taking up valuable player signing up time. 

WE NEED TO GET A MOVE ON!!!!!

It’s noticeable that all those rumours doing the rounds about our top youngsters have all gone very quiet now!

Perhaps they have been put off by the Not For Sale sign outside Carrow Road! 😂

I know it’s early but we had German Champions, Dortmund and Spurs suppose to be ready to make offers!

23 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

So, for instance, Grant Hanley, who we signed just before the end of the summer window in 2017 for about £3m. That Grant Hanley who has taken so much stick on here since then he probably wishes he'd not bothered. He wasn't a punt - almost 200 games at Championship level and no injury record. Good, solid, experienced centre back. Yet in 3 years for us he's played just over 50 games.

The point being, there are no guarantees. Was he a better buy at £3m than Zimmermann from the German fourth division for nothing? 

I was only saying let’s wait to see how good the players are before we hailing them as the next Messi. 

I have no idea why you are hostile to this notion. Strange.🤷‍♂️

It's early days, and with the season just finishing most will be on holiday - and many would have still be waiting to see where they were playing next season, which would determine funds

If you were not certain of whether you would have Champions League money you most likely would have to wait to see who you were bidding on - a Villa or Bournemouth player.

Spurs might be waiting on a big sale to a European club before they bid of Aarons.... which would mean the player we are after will not move until Aarons has moved,

Much of the huge sum totted up at the end is just the same money being passed around

And similarly much is just paper talk to fill the space and click bait

5 hours ago, TheGoogler said:

That is the opposite of what you said.

I'm now going to call you Boris Johnson forever more.

Mr Googler..

I said, “

It will be great to see if any of these players (recently bought) are any good? (I hope so!)

I have never heard of ANY of the players and, all/some may have great potential or are unknown gems, I am a slightly concerned that we may have a lot of Duda (etc).

After all Duda, Rupp, Heise, Roberts, Passlack, Amadou, Busheri, etc etc all sounded & looked brilliant on this Board, the Edp/PinkUn, edited YouTube ‘highlights’. 

Let’s not get carried away until we see them. All where cheap. None play(ed) top level football, none are household names ... but hopefully one may prove (very) good 🤞

So to recap...

Let’s not get carried away until we see them because they be like a few other names that we ‘bugged up’ only to find out how good I they are. 

None are known to anyone on here, and therefore not household names.

I haven’t said we should buy household names.

I have said 🤞they are good! Let’s hope so.

(Grant Hanley is exactly what we needed and became the captain. He was a known quantity and has played to the level that many thought he would. He has been unlucky with injury. Yes some have been really good Eg Zimmerman, Buendia, Pukki... let’s hope that the new recruits are more like this and less like Duda, Dmic, Amadou etc.)

Now tell me why I am Boris Johnson (The PM, serial womanizer and leader of the UK)?...Mister  lier lier pants on fire Jeremy Corbyn (serial loser, alleged Anti-Semite, payroll to Iran and lover of Russia / Diane Abbott ...? Aka Googly 

4 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Mr Googler..

I said, “

It will be great to see if any of these players (recently bought) are any good? (I hope so!)

I have never heard of ANY of the players and, all/some may have great potential or are unknown gems, I am a slightly concerned that we may have a lot of Duda (etc).

After all Duda, Rupp, Heise, Roberts, Passlack, Amadou, Busheri, etc etc all sounded & looked brilliant on this Board, the Edp/PinkUn, edited YouTube ‘highlights’. 

Let’s not get carried away until we see them. All where cheap. None play(ed) top level football, none are household names ... but hopefully one may prove (very) good 🤞

So to recap...

Let’s not get carried away until we see them because they be like a few other names that we ‘bugged up’ only to find out how good I they are. 

None are known to anyone on here, and therefore not household names.

I haven’t said we should buy household names.

I have said 🤞they are good! Let’s hope so.

(Grant Hanley is exactly what we needed and became the captain. He was a known quantity and has played to the level that many thought he would. He has been unlucky with injury. Yes some have been really good Eg Zimmerman, Buendia, Pukki... let’s hope that the new recruits are more like this and less like Duda, Dmic, Amadou etc.)

Now tell me why I am Boris Johnson (The PM, serial womanizer and leader of the UK)?...Mister  lier lier pants on fire Jeremy Corbyn (serial loser, alleged Anti-Semite, payroll to Iran and lover of Russia / Diane Abbott ...? Aka Googly 

Didn't read anything you've just written Boris, I'm sure it's a hoot.

41 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Not forgetting that approx a third of that is sleepy time. then there's food prep and eating time. haircut, loading/emptying dishwashers (or washing and drying up), shower/bath time................

The list goes on for taking up valuable player signing up time. 

WE NEED TO GET A MOVE ON!!!!!

I feel a panic attack coming on

3 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Didn't read anything you've just written Boris, I'm sure it's a hoot.

Jeremy, I can’t fully agree with others that you are a ****... because , I just think you are a bit boring Enjoy your life loser 😂

Edited by yellow_belly