Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

7 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Matthew Dennis confirmed on two year deal

7 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Matthew Dennis confirmed on two year deal

I clearly meant Matthew Dennis, not Dennis Man 😉 #ITK. Plays rightback and is apparently unplayable at times according to teammates. He is essentially still a youth team player though

Edited by jaberry2

13 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I clearly meant Matthew Dennis, not Dennis Man 😉 #ITK. Plays rightback and is apparently unplayable at times according to teammates. He is essentially still a youth team player though

He's a central midfielder not a right back. He's very much for the U23s and I doubt he'll make much impression on the first team in the upcoming season. One for the future (or to be flipped in a season or two).

Ok...so Mumba, Soto and Dennis signed...3 in 2 days to add to last weeks Sorensen and Placheta...this is very pro active from Mr. Webber and the club. We know some will likely leave the club, how many  no one knows, but no one can deny that City are not standing around and letting things happen...they are making things happen.

Not complaining, it’s good to get guys in and nice and early - these were all largely lined up or known about though, we are now moving into the uncharted/not previously known about players.    

30 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

He's a central midfielder not a right back. 

Are you sure? Everything I've read about him has described him as a wide player, either as a full back or winger.

Or have we signed a young midfielder to convert into a right back (Mumba) and a young right back to convert into a midfielder (Dennis)?

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Are you sure? Everything I've read about him has described him as a wide player, either as a full back or winger.

Or have we signed a young midfielder to convert into a right back (Mumba) and a young right back to convert into a midfielder (Dennis)?

He was shunted out to the right side to make space for other players Arsenal considered better prospects. His original position was central midfield. It might be Norwich keep him out on the right. 

• Like 1

I'm losing track with all these kids and second choice players we've signed. 

Anyone to go in first team for the first game yet?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I'm losing track with all these kids and second choice players we've signed. 

Anyone to go in first team for the first game yet?

Other than the defensive midfielder and winger bought just last week, you mean?

Seriously 🙄

Just now, TheGoogler said:

Seriously 🙄

"I'm so angry we are not signing players!"

"I'm so angry we are signing players!"

this support base sometimes I swear

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, TheGoogler said:

Seriously 🙄

If you mean Płacheta, he's played a handful of games in the French second division, not your first choice. 

3 minutes ago, Number9 said:

If you mean Płacheta, he's played a handful of games in the French second division, not your first choice. 

We've signed so many players you're confusing him with someone we bought in January 😉

5 minutes ago, Number9 said:

No he hasn’t - he came from Poland’s first division, where he played 38 games this season alone.

If you’re going to whinge and moan at least get it right, you’re 6 months late with this one as I can only imagine you’re morning about Sitti who we bought in January 

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

We've signed so many players you're confusing him with someone we bought in January 😉

22 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No he hasn’t - he came from Poland’s first division, where he played 38 games this season alone.

If you’re going to whinge and moan at least get it right, you’re 6 months late with this one as I can only imagine you’re morning about Sitti who we bought in January 

Got it, thanks. 

2 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

Given that he looks about 12, I'm not surprised. Mind you, most people look younger than me these days...

It will be great to see if any of these players (recently bought) are any good? (I hope so!)

I have never heard of ANY of the players and, all/some may have great potential or are unknown gems, I am a slightly concerned that we may have a lot of Duda (etc).

After all Duda, Rupp, Heise, Roberts, Passlack, Amadou, Busheri, etc etc all sounded & looked brilliant on this Board, the Edp/PinkUn, edited YouTube ‘highlights’. 

Let’s not get carried away until we see them. All where cheap. None play(ed) top level football, none are household names ... but hopefully one may prove (very) good 🤞

Edited by yellow_belly

27 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

It will be great to see if any of these players (recently bought) are any good? (I hope so!)

I have never heard of ANY of the players and, all/some may have great potential or are unknown gems, I am a slightly concerned that we may have a lot of Duda (etc).

After all Duda, Rupp, Heise, Roberts, Passlack, Amadou, Busheri, etc etc all sounded & looked brilliant on this Board, the Edp/PinkUn, edited YouTube ‘highlights’. 

Let’s not get carried away until we see them. All where cheap. None play(ed) top level football, none are household names ... but hopefully one may prove (very) good 🤞

Had you heard of Maddison or Buendia when we signed them? Me neither. I think that's why we're not Director of Football.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Very good point. There is only one signing I can think of that got a rare (unique???) unanimous vote of approval from all here:

'Just what we need'; 'He's going to be a huge improvement'';  'Chuffed he''s finally getting here'; 'Looks to be a good signing for us'; 'Definitely the sort of player we should be looking to sign': 'I think he will bring that much needed genuine Prem quality.'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yellow_belly said:

You don't sign top level, household names for the Championship.

I really do think some fans have expectations that are way beyond reality.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

What are you talking about? It’s perfectly reasonable to expect to be in the Premier League, challenging for a European place and regularly winning a cup. Ask Bournemouth or Watford.

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

Had you heard of Maddison or Buendia when we signed them? Me neither. I think that's why we're not Director of Football.

I had heard of Maddison. He was doing well at Coventry. From memory Liverpool etc were after him. Perhaps I could be DoF? I accept you couldn’t do it.

Edited by yellow_belly

59 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

You don't sign top level, household names for the Championship.

Never said that. I said I hope they are good but let’s wait to see rather than stating how brilliant they are.

I doubt anyone has heard of any of the players.

it would be great to get the odd player that we know

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Very good point. There is only one signing I can think of that got a rare (unique???) unanimous vote of approval from all here:

'Just what we need'; 'He's going to be a huge improvement'';  'Chuffed he''s finally getting here'; 'Looks to be a good signing for us'; 'Definitely the sort of player we should be looking to sign': 'I think he will bring that much needed genuine Prem quality.'

Naismith?

2 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Naismith?

And I am honest enough to admit I thought it was a good transfer too! And probably posted as such...😳

30 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Never said that. 

You literally said that. I'll quote you.

2 hours ago, yellow_belly said:

See?

I understand the value of Championship experience and I agree to an extent a couple of experienced heads is never a bad thing. But we're not going to be signing proven top level players. Never even mind "household names". It's just not realistic 

Edited by TheGoogler

Can't work out which is more moronic; those who think we should be signing "household names" and pretending they knew who Buendia was, or those who think signings are made in chronological order of importance.

It's fascinating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, kirku said:

Can't work out which is more moronic; those who think we should be signing "household names" and pretending they knew who Buendia was, or those who think signings are made in chronological order of importance.

It's fascinating.

Why aren't they signed alphabetically is what I'd like to know? 

Well, are we going to get a a 3rd signing of the week today? Personally I think that could be it now for a little bit, until we see the squad thinned a little with fringe players moving on. As has been said, we don't need to sell to buy so I don't think we are in that position where one of the young talents needs to be sold to see more come in, but perhaps its likely we might not see that 'marquee' signing (something 7-8 million in CB or AM) until we potentially lose a Max or Jamal. 

I think once we see potentially Lietner (what a shame) Heisser and potentially Trybull move then we will see players coming in with the wages freed up.

I will Don't understand when we sign young strikers but DF only plays one. What chance will others get if Teemu starts games alone? Surely it's time to play 2 strikers with a winger?