Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

9 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

I mean we did sign Pukki for free.

Yes, and our next attempt to sign a free agent up front was Drmic.

We don't need to replace Pukki, we need to replace Drmic. 

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

I don't think he's interested in going to Turkey

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-striker-pukki-reacts-to-reports-of-transfer-interest-from-galatasaray-1-5780738

Pukki, however, quoted in Finnish newspaper Hufvudstadsbladet, reiterated he is loving life at Carrow Road.

“It is obviously flattering, but at the same time I know that rumours always circulate. Most do not match,” he said. “(How much would you be interested on a possible move to Istanbul?) Not so badly. Me and my family are enjoying ourselves very much in Norwich.”

That was nearly two years ago. Might not be enjoying themselves so much at moment!

Well, the day after the 'night' before. I fully expect to see us publish our released list either today or tomorrow, they will want to get the players who have no future sorted as soon as possible. Hopefully we will also see some incomings this week, Webber said we had 3 or 4 pieces of business almost tied up (so excluding the the two already) maybe 1 or 2 signings to come soon?

Silly season can truly begin! 

12 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Well, the day after the 'night' before. I fully expect to see us publish our released list either today or tomorrow, they will want to get the players who have no future sorted as soon as possible. Hopefully we will also see some incomings this week, Webber said we had 3 or 4 pieces of business almost tied up (so excluding the the two already) maybe 1 or 2 signings to come soon?

Believe the released list has already been published: https://www.premierleague.com/news/1697130/?sf235431457=1

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Villa have just released Ross McCormack, how much was he costing them ?

I think they had come to an early agreement with him and he got a pay off

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Villa have just released Ross McCormack, how much was he costing them ?

I heard the pie bill alone was £10k per week.

17 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I heard the pie bill alone was £10k per week.

Add the cost of constantly having his gate fixed so he can get to training.. 

2 hours ago, birchfest said:

I have always enjoyed the off season and would never call it silly season. It is the time to truly see where the ambition, direction and cohesion is. It is a time to improve positions and other areas.

It also allows me time to not have the yo yo of emotions of golden Gordon, ripping yarns.

I know all of us have mood swings from football and some would say it is cathartic but now it is time to see our new decisions.

I totally believe in new signings early and, this year it seems business is going ahead early.

We brought in Amadou far too late, we needed a new number 10, he came in Jan and is now forgotten. There were big issues we had to address and now this offseason I hope we do move on them now.

This is the time of the season I can enjoy without the ups and down. It is a time to see ambition and how we can deal with sales etc.

25 minutes ago, smooth said:

I have always enjoyed the off season and would never call it silly season. It is the time to truly see where the ambition, direction and cohesion is. It is a time to improve positions and other areas.

It also allows me time to not have the yo yo of emotions of golden Gordon, ripping yarns.

I know all of us have mood swings from football and some would say it is cathartic but now it is time to see our new decisions.

I totally believe in new signings early and, this year it seems business is going ahead early.

We brought in Amadou far too late, we needed a new number 10, he came in Jan and is now forgotten. There were big issues we had to address and now this offseason I hope we do move on them now.

This is the time of the season I can enjoy without the ups and down. It is a time to see ambition and how we can deal with sales etc.

I meant Silly Season more in reference to the press and agents behaviour, but I catch your drift and I agree.. we can actually take a breath and process what has been and get excited at whats to come! 

Soto to join us, but will be loaned out

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/expected-city-signing-soto-training-with-sc-telstar-1-6764383

and we are supposedly (from Pinkun)

Norwich City have been linked with a move for Charlton Athletic striker Macauley Bonne.

The 24-year-old is reportedly available this summer as the Addicks continue to fight financial hardship that has resulted in another transfer embargo for the London club.

Bonne has netted 11 goals in the Championship this season but was unable to prevent Lee Bowyer’s side from relegation.

The Sun report that City are ‘monitoring’ the striker’s situation - with Fulham, Cardiff City, Burnley and Derby also rumoured to have shown interest in the Zimbabwean international.

Ipswich born Bonne was actually in City’s academy in 2009, joining from rivals Ipswich Town. He went onto join Colchester United where he made his senior debut.

The striker is also interesting Cardiff City, Burnley, Derby County and Fulham. Picture: Adam Davy/PA ImagesThe striker is also interesting Cardiff City, Burnley, Derby County and Fulham. Picture: Adam Davy/PA Images

It was with Leyton Orient where his career really took off, scoring 45 goals in 91 games before sealing a move to Charlton. Bowyer has also deployed him as a right-winger, but it’s as a striker where he’s made the most impact.

Cardiff and Fulham have shown the strongest interest in the forward, according to the report, with the Addicks asking for a £1 million fee for their asset.

Bowyer has already lost striker Lyle Taylor, who refused to play post-lockdown as he edges closer to securing a move away from the club.

VERDICT: An interesting rumour, given the age profile and fee would make sense to the Canaries - however, there is usually a reason to be sceptical if a player is linked with several clubs.

As the transfer window officially opens today, agents will ramp up their efforts to get their clients a move and Bonne may be keen to remain in the Championship after impressing in his debut season at this level.

City currently have three first-team strikers on their books in Teemu Pukki, Josip Drmic and Adam Idah - although Pukki has been linked with a move to Turkish outfit Besiktas.

City boss Daniel Farke reaffirmed his desire to retain the Finn’s services ahead of a fresh Championship season, but Bonne could be a credible alternative should they decide to refresh their attacking options.

Says also he would be happy with a move like this. But €20m only? Bit low?

Edited by sonyc

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

More than a bit low even if you use £ rather than €!!

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Would've thought at least £25m? 

But wow! A Norwich player signing for one of the biggest clubs in the world is pretty mad.

I wouldn't look at the fee, that is probably just a finger in the air guess. Also any fee for Aarons will have a bunch of clauses depending on performance etc. I would say that he will be worth more to English clubs than German ones so it may be Bayern wouldn't want to go above £20m. Whether any English clubs are strongly interested is another matter though. 

Sky have announced that Mumba has officially signed for 4 years, complete with pictures in the yellow and green.

They've then instantly taken the post down, presumably because we haven't announced it yet 🤣

Just now, Mason 47 said:

Sky have announced that Mumba has officially signed for 4 years, complete with pictures in the yellow and green.

They've then instantly taken the post down, presumably because we haven't announced it yet 🤣

I believe the announcement is coming today.

It’ll be interesting to see a new signing in our shiny new kit - early next week, I think they reckon?  Seems a bit odd all the recent guys (incl Mumba, presumably) waving a kit about that’s now defunct.

Edited by Branston Pickle

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’ll be interesting to see a new signing in our shiny new kit - early next week, I think they reckon?  Seems a bit odd all the recent guys (incl Mumba, presumably) waving a kit about that’s now defunct.

Kit launch is timetabled for early August.

26 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I wouldn't look at the fee, that is probably just a finger in the air guess. Also any fee for Aarons will have a bunch of clauses depending on performance etc. I would say that he will be worth more to English clubs than German ones so it may be Bayern wouldn't want to go above £20m. Whether any English clubs are strongly interested is another matter though. 

£20m we should tell them to do one.

They are one of the richest clubs in the world and their main rivals just paid a reported £25m for a player who'd played 44 games in the Championship before this.

I really don't want to see Max or Ben leave but if they have to I'd love to see them go Bayern/Dortmund

Charlton's Bonne certainly looks what we need - though that is only on the basis of a few minutes clips

However whether a 'take it by the scruff of the neck' and score player would fit into our 20 passes and walk it into the net policy is another matter

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You mean this?

20200727_153008.jpg

When any player is announced Norwich will send out photos and press releases ahead of time and say it is embargoed until a certain time. It looks as if Sky didn't read the embargo.

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

When any player is announced Norwich will send out photos and press releases ahead of time and say it is embargoed until a certain time. It looks as if Sky didn't read the embargo.

Only thing that confuses me is them calling him a fullback despite him having played at centremid his entire career

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Only thing that confuses me is them calling him a fullback despite him having played at centremid his entire career

All the reports from Norwich seem to be they see him as a right back. I guess their press release called him a full back and Sky did a copy and paste.

One for a couple of years down the road I suppose. Another one for Neil Adams' roster? Welcome aboard Bali! 👍The best of luck to you! Byram, Thomas & Bali for RB if/when Aarons goes?

If Soto is the fourth of the "3 or 4 imminent incomings," are we waiting to shed a few players before moving again on incomings? I'm assuming Webber is flat out & earning his corn at the moment. 

Sinani, McCallum, Sitti, Sorensen, Placheta, Soto & Mumba - all young with potential. 

Idah, Martin, Thomas, Famewo, Adshead, Gilmour, Fitzpatrick, Hondermarck, Mair, Ahadme - all young with potential. 

Keep a core group together of more senior & experienced players, e.g. Krul, Zimm, Hanley, Tettey, Onel & Pukki, along with the likes of Godfrey & Buendia, and sprinkled with a few of these newer faces, and we should be competitive - on paper anyway. 

• Like 1