Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

5 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Webber said recently

“We are in for lots of players at the minute and we are close on three or four things and I sure when the dust settles on this season we will quickly show our actions,” said Webber. “What I would say is we are in a place where we can invest a higher amount in talented players, rather than trying to find talent on the cheap. Now we can invest more money in that area.

You will hear no excuses from me next season, in terms of finances, around the squad.

That is good.

I think it would be absurd to expect the club to go out and spent £100m if we sold £100m worth of players. However it should mean that when you see rumours like someone in the Championship bidding £15m for Karlan Grant then it doesn't 100% rule us out.

16 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Webber said recently

“We are in for lots of players at the minute and we are close on three or four things and I sure when the dust settles on this season we will quickly show our actions,” said Webber. “What I would say is we are in a place where we can invest a higher amount in talented players, rather than trying to find talent on the cheap. Now we can invest more money in that area.

You will hear no excuses from me next season, in terms of finances, around the squad.

He knows he'll be judged on actions rather than words.

1 hour ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Shame there is no VAR in the Championship as he'd never get caught being that small 😁

If Dion Dublin had ever been subject to playing under VAR would he ever have been caught off-side by the size of his bulge (according to Sir Alex Fungasson that is?)

Wouldn't mind a different style of striker to add a bit of versatility like Rhodes did. 

Probably unlikely, but Sam Vokes from Stoke maybe. Or on the right kind of loan deal, Che Adams from Southampton?

Edited by Il Pirata

16 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Ivan Toney from Peterborough.. But I imagine they'll be a bidding war for him and one we'll avoid. 

Absolutely, brilliant scoring record.

We should be able to compete in a bidding war with other Chumps clubs and the PL won't be interested.

However, Peterborough have a reputation for being tough negotiators and never sell under their own valuation.. 

BUT,they are a selling club to survive.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Wouldn't mind a different style of striker to add a bit of versatility like Rhodes did. 

Probably unlikely, but Sam Vokes from Stoke maybe. Or on the right kind of loan deal, Che Adams from Southampton?

Sam vokes? Don't want to shoot you down dude but he's awful, and probably so far away from a farke style player . I bet burnley couldn't believe they got nearly 10m for him! Although Kudos to saying we need someone with a different skillset.

Toney not a bad shout though! But would he come, knowing he will be behind pukki and likely Idah?

Ivan Toney is fast, strong, unselfish, aggressive in the air and can head the ball (jury is out on his left foot). 

This is the sort of player we should get into a bidding war for, Pukki won't last forever, Idah needs competition, Drmic hasn't found his Mojo yet plus it looks as though Farke is going to play some 442 on occasion.

We don't need to pay £15m for him and he may even have a release clause.

If someone wants to outbid us- let them. If we want to walk away from a negotiation we can. 

Edited by Bonzo

7 hours ago, Alfie54 said:

I think you could add Pukki to that list. How achievable is is to replace those six with better players?

Well it will be very hard and it will cost money 

reinvestment will be key 

23 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Reports in Poland that the deal has gone through, could we see an announcement later today...

Possibly - I suspect the club might hold off announcing for a little while. Some good news after a potentially difficult day against Man City.

Sorensen has been done for over a week before the club announced it. 

16 hours ago, Bonzo said:

Ivan Toney is fast, strong, unselfish, aggressive in the air and can head the ball (jury is out on his left foot). 

This is the sort of player we should get into a bidding war for, Pukki won't last forever, Idah needs competition, Drmic hasn't found his Mojo yet plus it looks as though Farke is going to play some 442 on occasion.

We don't need to pay £15m for him and he may even have a release clause.

If someone wants to outbid us- let them. If we want to walk away from a negotiation we can. 

Went to Peterborough vs Lincoln late last year and he scored an excellent goal in a 2-0 win and you could see he was a class above the rest of the players.

There are pictures on social media which are supposedly of Placheta in Park Farm Hotel,i have picked up players from that hotel & taken them to colney before,so it's plausible that those pictures are of Placheta 

Eddi4AtXkAAYh6u.jpeg

Eddi4M0XYAAVCl0.jpeg

Edited by Top corner

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Possibly - I suspect the club might hold off announcing for a little while. Some good news after a potentially difficult day against Man City.

Sorensen has been done for over a week before the club announced it. 

I was saying exactly that to a friend this morning, unless they have something else in the pipes lined up. Maybe they surprise us with a  record signing of Mann to really shake this season off... unlikely I know, I think the only Man we will be getting is a hiding off MAN city unfortunately... haha

12 minutes ago, birchfest said:

I was saying exactly that to a friend this morning, unless they have something else in the pipes lined up. Maybe they surprise us with a  record signing of Mann to really shake this season off... unlikely I know, I think the only Man we will be getting is a hiding off MAN city unfortunately... haha

Reports from Poland that it will be announced today. It may be his club there want it announced quickly to get it done with and move on.

11 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Yakou Meite from Reading.Strong,tall and pacy. Might cost a bit but.....!

• Like 1

He'll need to get that hair sorted if he doesn't want to incur the wrath of the style guru element of the fanbase. 🤔🤣

Apples

On 21/07/2020 at 11:34, king canary said:

That is good.

I think it would be absurd to expect the club to go out and spent £100m if we sold £100m worth of players. However it should mean that when you see rumours like someone in the Championship bidding £15m for Karlan Grant then it doesn't 100% rule us out.

If we sold players combined for that kind of money you’d still expect a significant amount set aside for some quality additions. Maybe a good third/half should be reinvested. 

20 hours ago, Il Pirata said:

Chris Martin from Derby? Has yet to sign the contract he has been offered.

And Karlan Grant for £15m, if we actually are prepared to spend money. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Norwich back in for Denis Man according to our friend in Romania - reports that Norwich have bid £8m for him. 

Could be the owner trying to create a bidding war of course.

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Norwich back in for Denis Man according to our friend in Romania - reports that Norwich have bid £8m for him. 

Could be the owner trying to create a bidding war of course.

we love a good £8m transfer!

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

£8m? Someone must be leaving then.

If only someone knew who that might be 😜

Chris Martin is not a bad shout. Derby are obviously going nowhere....