Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

We need some continuity in midfield though. It already looks like Leitner and Trybull are going. It's Tettey's last season and Melvin Sitti is 20 and Jacob Sorensen at 22 are going to take some time to settle in and learn Farke's way of playing.

Then there's question marks over the futures of Vrancic and Stiepermann, which only leaves Rupp.

Michela Bailey thinks it's a new contract for Kenny McLean, which I can see the logic for.

Trybull? What's the rumour there? He performed well last season; wouldn't have thought it would do any harm to keep him on board for a little while yet.

• Like 3

The **** has Kenny done to earn a new contract? He's been garbage this season, should be proving he can repay the faith with some good performances next season before we reward him with a new deal

6 hours ago, Michael Bates said:

The Bradley Johnsons of this world. We miss someone like him MASSIVELY!

I distinctly remember him playing the LW wide target man role vs Boro at Wembley to perfection. Someone to aim goal kicks or clearances at, just to give the team a bit of breathing room to get their shape back. Our team is full of pansies now that simply aren't up for the fight. More Bradley Johnsons needed. He was hardly short on quality either if you look at the goals he scored for us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8534695/Leicester-Newcastle-interested-signing-midfielder-Todd-Cantwell-relegated-Norwich.html

Leicester, Newcastle and Man City credited as taking a particular interest in our Todd.

Seems like someone trying to start a bit of a bidding war. 

lol Bayern Munich mentioned in that article as well! Really don't get the hype around Cantwell, yes he's decent but of the "precious 5" he would be the one I'd be least bothered about losing for a decent fee, he lacks pace and guile.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Bradley Johnson couldn’t pass though.

The £7.5m Norwich got for him was one of the best bits of business ever managed by the club.

I’d take Kenny over Johnson every day of the week. 

same thing the likes of Lundstram have been tarnished with yet he's done alright. Yes he wasn't the greatest passer and probs not really prem standard but he was strong, was a winner (big game player) and had some serious weapons in his locker, being a threat at set pieces and also being able to rifle one in from 30 yards.

Win all the games you want on paper and on the stats board, but BJ was one who made things count when it mattered. Holty was another one like that. There are none of the current lot that look capable of giving us those ****house type wins you need to be successful.

• Thanks 1

I had thought Johnson's fee to be £6m, but still thought we did well.

Came to regret that sale somewhat ....the Bradders effect was under-appreciated.

He had a bit of a mixed spell at Derby County. Some Rams fans  might call it disappointing, but he had some moments and ended up playing about the same number of games for them as he did for City (c.140.)

• Like 1

Who cares who leaves we have said we are going to replace them with better, players who can take us up and keep us up . Surely we all believe this to be true 😄😄

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, City 101 said:

Who cares who leaves we have said we are going to replace them with better, players who can take us up and keep us up . Surely we all believe this to be true 😄😄

Hahahahahahahaha

Don't really get the Johnson love-in, never have.

He was very limited technically, was one paced, couldn't pass, and couldn't dribble. Not exactly ideal for someone who spent a lot of time at LM.

I get that he tried hard, was good in the air, and could smash in a long ranger every now and then but hardly enough to make up for the shortcomings. It was a great bit of business getting £6m+ for him.

On 17/07/2020 at 09:05, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

But he didn’t say for which season 😜

He might be around as third choice and mainly play in the U23s I guess. With Bryam in the mix you’d the club might want one extra body in. I’d imagine the club will look at him in preseason and see what he can offer. Right back would seem to be a slightly new position for him as well. He’s played as a defensive midfielder for the England youth teams - but admit I don’t know that much about him as a player. 

Paddy now saying Mumba is viewed as a first team option.

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

Paddy now saying Mumba is viewed as a first team option.

Crikey, from a spell on loan for South Shields straight into the Championship seems a bit of a leap.  Think I’m right that he’s played c10 times for Sunderland.

Edited by Branston Pickle

17 hours ago, kirku said:

Don't really get the Johnson love-in, never have.

He was very limited technically, was one paced, couldn't pass, and couldn't dribble. Not exactly ideal for someone who spent a lot of time at LM.

I get that he tried hard, was good in the air, and could smash in a long ranger every now and then but hardly enough to make up for the shortcomings. It was a great bit of business getting £6m+ for him.

His last full season saw him score 15 goals and win player of the season. Bradley signs a new contract and then gets shafted. Excellent service to Norwich City and deserving of far better treatment at the end. 

• Like 1

Johnson was a player version of the Paul Lambert effect. Nobody really knew how to cope with such a big, powerful player taking up the positions he did as a result. Removed from that environment he went back to being a decent Champ midfielder.

I still hold that McLean would be best in a midfield 3, he naturally wants to support the attack which is why he's so suspect in that traditional central position. I'd equate him to the McArthur/ McCarthy at Palace sort of level.

Paulinho, 27 year old striker. Transfermarkt has him valued at 4.5m I think, although I'm not sure what the 30m in the tweet is about.

5 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

Paulinho, 27 year old striker. Transfermarkt has him valued at 4.5m I think, although I'm not sure what the 30m in the tweet is about.

I think it is saying that is the size of the release clause.

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I think it is saying that is the size of the release clause.

Yes, just confused me somewhat as a 30m release clause seems absurd, and obviously there's no way we'll be paying that.

Paulinho aimed at Norwich City. According to the newspaper 'O Jogo', the English club is interested in guaranteeing the hiring of the 27-year-old striker. The athlete has a termination clause of around 30 million euros.