Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

29 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Can only see Pukki leaving if the club decide that now is the time to cash in on him. Don’t think he showed enough in the last 6 months to give any club a reason to try and sign him. 

I think pukki has been playing through injury. He hasn’t been the same since. I think that’s why they’re resting him now to be ready for next season. 

5 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

I think pukki has been playing through injury. He hasn’t been the same since. I think that’s why they’re resting him now to be ready for next season. 

That injury was in December and he just had a three month break. 

I still think he’ll be able to start scoring again in the Championship, but I can’t see any clubs being particularly keen to try and sign him right now - when you factor in the amount Norwich will want for him, his age and his poor form. 

Farke has been rotating the players through and I think he has wanted to see what drmic and others have to offer. He truly looked at the workload and wanted to rotate to keep people fresh.

I think pukki has had terrible service and needed a break with the toe injury.

Yes he hasn't performed but we have been jostling players around him and it has shown. 

I think he has had a lot of football over 18months, an injury and a bit of jostling around xmas with team selection has been our problem.

He has had too much pressure on him, if others had scored it would have really helped but I also think there will be prem teams who look at his workload, he quick feet and may take a chance.

16 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

That injury was in December and he just had a three month break. 

I still think he’ll be able to start scoring again in the Championship, but I can’t see any clubs being particularly keen to try and sign him right now - when you factor in the amount Norwich will want for him, his age and his poor form. 

I still think he was playing through injury. It was more that a lack of form. He’s definitely a yard slower. 

1 minute ago, vlad666 said:

I still think he was playing through injury. It was more that a lack of form. He’s definitely a yard slower. 

Pukki has lost a yard. 

Could be injury, could be poor morale. 

But he's not the same maniac closing down and then being in the right places. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Pukki has lost a yard. 

Could be injury, could be poor morale. 

But he's not the same maniac closing down and then being in the right places. 

Could be age (or the fact most players in the Prem are faster than the ones in the Championship, so he has only got slower relative to his surroundings).

I doubt he has an injury not severe enough that is stops him playing, but still doesn’t heal with three months rest. 

He was a striker with huge confidence last season, he’d come to Norwich off the back of a few very successful seasons at Brondby and it didn’t take him long to get going here. He finished the season 7 goals above his xG. Keeping that level of finishing for more than season would mean he’d be one of the best strikers in the world. His xG this season is about par, showing he is still a good finisher but the fact he hasn’t been as superb as he was in his first season isn’t a huge surprise. 

Hopefully he can get his mojo back in close season, find that spark of confidence and get back amongst the goals. 

I think the euros being cancelled took its toll on Pukki. That was the peak of his career and to have the break and it cancelled for a year would have hit him hard following the run he was on the 18 months beforehand

Problem we are looking for the same players as every team in the championship 

We need players who are willing to play in championship but can step up to PL if and when we go up 

We will have the money but no point using our money on championship players to get us out of the division then having the same problem as this season 

5 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Problem we are looking for the same players as every team in the championship 

We need players who are willing to play in championship but can step up to PL if and when we go up 

We will have the money but no point using our money on championship players to get us out of the division then having the same problem as this season 

So, not being aggressive asking, (agree with the above) who do you go and get? 

14 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

So, not being aggressive asking, (agree with the above) who do you go and get? 

players that will be comfortable playing with a more pragmatic style for when we are one of the smaller fish. We have a lot of good "TV highlight" players but are hugely short on players that are good at just getting stuck in and winning the 50 50s.

3 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

The Bradley Johnsons of this world. We miss someone like him MASSIVELY!

Agree with you 100% but not a Farke type player though. 

Placheta deal looks done and dusted. One more new name. Real speed king as noted in another thread.

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Why not? Similar style to Mclean.

Noooooooooooooooooo😱

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Why not? Similar style to Mclean.

Tough tackling Johnno with a rocket shot, similar to powder puff McLean who bottles challenges? Interesting take.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Tough tackling Johnno with a rocket shot, similar to powder puff McLean who bottles challenges? Interesting take.

Bradley Johnson couldn’t pass though.

The £7.5m Norwich got for him was one of the best bits of business ever managed by the club.

I’d take Kenny over Johnson every day of the week. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The £7.5m Norwich got for him was one of the best bits of business ever managed by the club.

Each to their own, im taking Johnson every time. He might not have been able to pass, but he could tackle and shoot. Kenny offers neither of those regularly, all he can do is 5 yard passes and win headers on the halfway line. Johnno had fight and bottle, two qualities kenny sorely lacks

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Placheta deal looks done and dusted. One more new name. Real speed king as noted in another thread.

Yeah, Michael Bailey seems to think so (and Carlton Morris to loan to MK Dons again next year)

• Like 1

I also think our views on Johnson are clouded by that one crazy season he had mostly on the left of midfield.

As an overall player Kenny is better. And as for tackles and interceptions, Kenny has made just as many in the Prem as Bradders has in che championship this season.

• Like 4

Got to disagree there, how many goals in did Bradley get in that promotion winning team? He deserved better when the end came at Norwich. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Kenny has made just as many in the Prem as Bradders has in che championship this season.

Bradley johnson is 33. Kenny is 28. 

I really hope Rangers come in for Kenny. 

I think the reason Johnson is so fondly remembered is because he left on a high.

Several of our 2014/15 promotion-winning squad struggled in the Premier League the season after and then again in the Championship the year after that, and given that Johnson had already lost his place in the side in the first month of the Premier League season and has never reached his previous heights since in the Championship, he probably would've suffered a similar fate had he stayed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I also think our views on Johnson are clouded by that one crazy season he had mostly on the left of midfield.

As an overall player Kenny is better. And as for tackles and interceptions, Kenny has made just as many in the Prem as Bradders has in che championship this season.

Kenny and Bradley also made exactly the same amount of tackles per match in their respective promotion seasons. 

Johnson had one stand out season for Norwich but on the whole is an average Championship player. 

Kenny is a much better footballer and certainly isn’t weak. But I do understand the love for Johnson due to the one anomalous season he had but has never managed to get anywhere near again. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Bradley johnson is 33. Kenny is 28. 

We should pay the Gers to take him off our hands 

9 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Could be age (or the fact most players in the Prem are faster than the ones in the Championship, so he has only got slower relative to his surroundings).

I doubt he has an injury not severe enough that is stops him playing, but still doesn’t heal with three months rest. 

He was a striker with huge confidence last season, he’d come to Norwich off the back of a few very successful seasons at Brondby and it didn’t take him long to get going here. He finished the season 7 goals above his xG. Keeping that level of finishing for more than season would mean he’d be one of the best strikers in the world. His xG this season is about par, showing he is still a good finisher but the fact he hasn’t been as superb as he was in his first season isn’t a huge surprise. 

Hopefully he can get his mojo back in close season, find that spark of confidence and get back amongst the goals. 

He can sustain a new injury though.

With the Euros on next Summer, I feel a move to a new Club may not do him many favours as he is Finland's golden boy and settling into any new Club may take time. As long as he is played to his strengths, then hopefully he will stay

8 minutes ago, kick it off said:

We need some continuity in midfield though. It already looks like Leitner and Trybull are going. It's Tettey's last season and Melvin Sitti is 20 and Jacob Sorensen at 22 are going to take some time to settle in and learn Farke's way of playing.

Then there's question marks over the futures of Vrancic and Stiepermann, which only leaves Rupp.

Michela Bailey thinks it's a new contract for Kenny McLean, which I can see the logic for.

40 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Noooooooooooooooooo😱

Yes, I should have gone into more detail, can play anywhere in the midfield. I rate Johnson wayyyyy more than McLean. But Farke would love the versatility he provides, like McLean 

38 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Yes, I should have gone into more detail, can play anywhere in the midfield. I rate Johnson wayyyyy more than McLean. But Farke would love the versatility he provides, like McLean