Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Fever

The Brexit Thread (reprise)

So the long awaited Russia report says no direct evidence of involvement of Russia in Brexit campaign. And no evidence of any influence of Russia over Aaron Banks

Just the lies of the Remain campaign, the Project Fear that so many suckers were eager to believe

Of course, the majority of the people were never fooled and thank goodness we still have them. 

The Scottish SNP not so clean however. Russian influence reported in trying to split up the UK and plenty of fools believing the Russian propaganda whereas the majority have always been for the Union

Much egg-on-faces for Remoaners. Get spinning boys. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Tricky one - I tend to side with KIO & Purple on this primarily because not withstanding the propanganda and the lies\false promises about the mythical benefits of Brexit, there were a great number of lies, which were clear and demonstrable lies, told about the recent history and current situation between the UK and the EU.

These lies were not to do with future projections/promises, they were about what had already happened or the current situation and were clear and well known lies at the time of the referendum, so for that I don't see that people can really claim to be have been conned as an excuse for their stupidity.

But you do have a point that a huge amount of money was spent on a well executed (and illegal) propaganda campaign and of course propaganda is successful the world over but especially in countries like the UK with very weak electoral systems and low quality, largely unregulated media.

Think it shows just how badly screwed up our (democratic) values are that both the UK and US have happily allowed the Russians (and others)  to interfere with recent elections/referenda whilst we exclude Chinese technology, which is streets ahead of the US/Europeans but excluded on completely fictitious security concerns, from our 5G network - supposedly the backbone of our whole tech services industry.

Take it all together and it seems to me that the UK is run by a set of idiots - voted for by a minority, but still a substantial minority, of voters who are also idiots.

Don't normally bump my own posts but given what we've just heard this morning, I think it deserves it - especially the highlighted paragraph!!

But plenty of evidence that UK players helped the Russians move money into London

And one wonders how the Guardian and Independent newspapers manage to survive with minimal subscribers. Follow the money

And Kuensberg packed off to Hong Kong on the day the report is to be published. It's clear where the Russian money has been going. 

24 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Don't normally bump my own posts but given what we've just heard this morning, I think it deserves it - especially the highlighted paragraph!!

Chinese useful idiot. How embarrassing. 

17 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Better than being a useless idiot, I suppose and that is as polite as I can get about you😀

But nowhere do I suggest that China is a threat that should be ignored - that would be foolish in the extreme.

But it is very clear that our Government has completely ignored, in fact now we know they 'actively avoided' investigating and combating. direct Russian intervention in our democracy which has already been established as having taken place, so they clearly have no interest in stopping it in the future either.

Contrast that with the Huawei scenario where we have a situation where Trump has manufactured a supposed security threat backed with absolutely zero evidence to try an exclude a company whose technology, in the field of mobile comms, is 4-5 years ahead of US companies. Our own security services who have direct access to Huawei code/firmware and their engineers have also validated the kit as containing no security threat whatsoever. 

We already know that the facts and the truth don't matter to our government, or of course to you, these two little scenarios are just another illustration. But this lack of interest in reality is one of the reasons, although I'm sure there are many others, that you remain a useless idiot.

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

So the long awaited Russia report says no direct evidence of involvement of Russia in Brexit campaign.

A bit like when Trump and his medical people reckoned the coronavirus would just go away if they stopped testing.

Close your eyes, stick your fingers in your ears, and hum a little song until something you like comes along.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aggy said:

A bit like when Trump and his medical people reckoned the coronavirus would just go away if they stopped testing.

Close your eyes, stick your fingers in your ears, and hum a little song until something you like comes along.

We are discussing the UK-Russian report. Trump isyour deflection. Just like the SNP trying to deflect the story away from the evidence that the Scottish referendum was influenced. 

Blair McDougall, the director of the victorious Better Together campaign in the 2014 independence referendum, has tweeted: "Hardly a surprise. It’s been happening in plain sight.

"Putin’s propaganda arm: funds Salmond & Ahmed-Sheikh; has Tommy Sheridan as a columnist; a former SNP staffer as bureau chief; a pro independence exec producer; and two independence campaigners as their broadcast anchors

2 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

We are discussing the UK-Russian report. Trump isyour deflection. Just like the SNP trying to deflect the story away from the evidence that the Scottish referendum was influenced. 

Err the point being made was that Trump suggested the virus would disappear if they stopped testing. Now obviously that’s not true - just because you close your eyes and refuse to look into something doesn’t mean it’s not there.

Do let me know if you need it spelling out in even more simplistic terms.

Edited by Aggy

Just how can this report, intentionally withheld for over a year, be considered good news? Either by the right or the left? How is it not shocking whatever one's political views? 

• Thanks 1

There is an interesting section on Russian bot and sockpuppet accounts. They use contentious subjects, say on race for example, and deliberately stir up arguments. 

A strange one. Not really a damp squib as expected but leaves a lot more questions than answers.

On 16/07/2020 at 09:51, Bill said:

I would suggest the report itself will not provide the evidence needed, but will point  to the right direction in which investigation should be pursued.

Much as I suggested

It should be obvious why interference by Russia was not pursued by the government, when it seems MI6 had evidence of that interference.  As now suggested

' The ISC makes good recommendations: '

1.) Strengthening the NCA to investigate dirty Russian money in the UK,

2) Creating a UK Foreign Agent Registration Act, so there would be transparency in Russian lobbying,

3) Using targeted Magnitsky sanctions against crooked Russian officials

Edited by Bill

The EU has just agreed a 1.78 trillion budget plus a 750 billion Corona loan. That's 2.5 trillion euros stolen from the European people's to keep this vanity project on life support. 

It will soon come crumbling and it looks like we dodged a howitzer shell. 

4 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

So the long awaited Russia report says no direct evidence of involvement of Russia in Brexit campaign. And no evidence of any influence of Russia over Aaron Banks

Just the lies of the Remain campaign, the Project Fear that so many suckers were eager to believe

Of course, the majority of the people were never fooled and thank goodness we still have them. 

The Scottish SNP not so clean however. Russian influence reported in trying to split up the UK and plenty of fools believing the Russian propaganda whereas the majority have always been for the Union

Much egg-on-faces for Remoaners. Get spinning boys. 

3 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

But plenty of evidence that UK players helped the Russians move money into London

And one wonders how the Guardian and Independent newspapers manage to survive with minimal subscribers. Follow the money

And Kuensberg packed off to Hong Kong on the day the report is to be published. It's clear where the Russian money has been going. 

3 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Blair McDougall, the director of the victorious Better Together campaign in the 2014 independence referendum, has tweeted: "Hardly a surprise. It’s been happening in plain sight.

"Putin’s propaganda arm: funds Salmond & Ahmed-Sheikh; has Tommy Sheridan as a columnist; a former SNP staffer as bureau chief; a pro independence exec producer; and two independence campaigners as their broadcast anchors

1 minute ago, Rock The Boat said:

The EU has just agreed a 1.78 trillion budget plus a 750 billion Corona loan. That's 2.5 trillion euros stolen from the European people's to keep this vanity project on life support. 

It will soon come crumbling and it looks like we dodged a howitzer shell. 

Five posts and not a coherent factual statement in any of them. Very difficult to know what he is going on about, just massive deflection and regurgitation of various barely understood Guido attack lines.

Bless

2 hours ago, Aggy said:

Err the point being made was that Trump suggested the virus would disappear if they stopped testing. Now obviously that’s not true - just because you close your eyes and refuse to look into something doesn’t mean it’s not there.

Do let me know if you need it spelling out in even more simplistic terms.

Second Trump deflection attempt but no cigar honey. This is the Brexit thread. Lets talk about all the lies about Aaron Banks, something that Herman used to mouth off about on a regular basis. Here's what the report had to say about Banks

We note that Arron Banks became the biggest donor in British political history when he gave £8m to the Leave.EU campaign. In October 2018, the Electoral Commission – which had been investigating the source of this donation – referred the case to the National Crime Agency, which investigated it ***. In September 2019, the National Crime Agency announced that it had concluded the investigation, having found no evidence that any criminal offences had been committed under the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000 or company law by any of the individuals or organisations referred to it by the Electoral Commission.

2 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Second Trump deflection attempt but no cigar honey. This is the Brexit thread. Lets talk about all the lies about Aaron Banks, something that Herman used to mouth off about on a regular basis. Here's what the report had to say about Banks

We note that Arron Banks became the biggest donor in British political history when he gave £8m to the Leave.EU campaign. In October 2018, the Electoral Commission – which had been investigating the source of this donation – referred the case to the National Crime Agency, which investigated it ***. In September 2019, the National Crime Agency announced that it had concluded the investigation, having found no evidence that any criminal offences had been committed under the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000 or company law by any of the individuals or organisations referred to it by the Electoral Commission.

Genuinely have no idea what I’m supposed to be “deflecting” from or how Aaron Banks ties in at all with anything I’ve said.

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

Just how can this report, intentionally withheld for over a year, be considered good news? Either by the right or the left? How is it not shocking whatever one's political views? 

Its really shocking how the establishment and media tried to corrupt the Brexit process from the moment that the referendum was announced. Fortunately the people of this country are not stupid and see beyond the lies of the social media activists and continue to uphold the democratic traditions. After all, that's what Brexit was all about. 

2 hours ago, Herman said:

There is an interesting section on Russian bot and sockpuppet accounts. They use contentious subjects, say on race for example, and deliberately stir up arguments. 

How about you put the race card back in the pack and apologise for the lies you told about Aaron Banks, for a start

7 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Genuinely have no idea what I’m supposed to be “deflecting” from or how Aaron Banks ties in at all with anything I’ve said.

That's why I blocked him, Jools and the one with the brain of a small rodent

All three simply post up what they know are lies, in order to get someone to re-act

(Hand crank used to use the same method)

With all three blocked this has now become a quite informative and stimulating thread

Edited by Bill

16 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Five posts and not a coherent factual statement in any of them. Very difficult to know what he is going on about, just massive deflection and regurgitation of various barely understood Guido attack lines.

Bless

Your views do not represent the majority. Never had, never will. You will always be on the wrong side of history

1 minute ago, Bill said:

That's why I blocked him, Jools and the one with the brain of a small rodent

All three simply post up what they know are lies, in order to get some one to re-act

Hand crank used to use the same method

With all three blocked this has mow become a quite informative and stimulating thread

Brexit will never happen, hey Clucky Nora?

Now why hasnt the Guardian moved to a subscription model like most ever other newspaper? Could it be that a subscription model would show up the huge financial hole in its accounts whereas a begging model allows it to get lots of anonymous donations from those who have stories to plant?

It has a subscription rate. I have one. 

BTW, you are coming across as a bit desperate. 

"In a section on Russian expatriates, the report refers to Britain “welcoming oligarchs with open arms”. However, it says the UK government’s building of links with major Russian companies has been counter-productive, “in that it offered ideal mechanisms by which illicit finance could be recycled through what has been referred to as the London ‘laundromat’”."

Blimey, thank god no naughty russkie handed over money (£160,000 say) to play a game of tennis..... with, say, the UK PM. Or that that said person was connected in any way. to these naughty russkies

" On the day after his landslide election victory, Boris Johnson and his girlfriend Carrie Symonds dropped into a caviar-fuelled Christmas party in London hosted by former KGB agent Alexander Lebedev and his son Evgeny....................on a busy day laced with history, Johnson chose to celebrate with a foreign intelligence officer with the rank of a lieutenant colonel, who graduated from the KGB’s Red Banner Institute.

As a young spy Lebedev servedwith the KGB’s first directorate. During the late Thatcher years he worked at the Soviet embassy in London, not far from the office in Kensington High Street where the Standard is based today. In the 1990s Lebedev senior swapped cold war spying for banking. In 2009 he bought a majority share in the Standard."

yes, you stop being a spy and then buy a bank, as on your wages you have saved up enough to buy a bank 🤔

even a brexiteer thicko might think there's something odd there

How about you put the race card back in the pack and apologise for the lies you told about Aaron Banks, for a start

Well we don't know what he did. May blocked an investigation into him is all I can say. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6344611/Theresa-stepped-stop-security-services-probing-Arron-Banks-run-Brexit-referendum.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top

Edited by Herman

On 20/07/2020 at 08:41, BigFish said:

I expect it will be a massive damp squib and @Jools will be on here with a cut and paste from Guido to say I told you so. That said Johnson/Cummings have sat on it for a reason, the government lauched a big deflection campaign & Banks obviously isn't happy. So who knows.

Parliament is off on it's hols this week, politics will quieten down until September and that will suit Johnson/Cummings. Afterall the UK is in the middle of Public Health, Economic & Trade crisises. What could possibly go wrong?

Mystic Fish. 🤣

6 hours ago, Herman said:

They didn't investigate it. 

How would you go about investigating no proof?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/russia-report-uk-national-security-brexit-terror-islam-a9630126.html

"The Cardiff University research said Russian accounts attempted to boost their reach by mentioning Tommy Robinson and Nigel Farage to access supporter bases “already ideologically ‘primed’ for such messages to resonate”.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

It has a subscription rate. I have one. 

BTW, you are coming across as a bit desperate. 

I think for RTB the best phrase is a broken  pot makes the most noise.

• Haha 1