Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Fever

The Brexit Thread (reprise)

1 hour ago, Herman said:

More stockpiling today. One truck stuck at Calais for 10 hours. Another 2 God knows where?! 

................and the transition period isn't even quite finished yet..........  🙄

Bumper Brexit Bonus  

Yes, folks you can clean up on toys, games, white goods ........................and much more

as stock held up at the ports due to brexit will not be available in the shops until late January *

not so much ho ho, as oh no when retailers find Xmas goods on their hands in February

and this brexiteer 'must have' may well have to wait until Easter before it is delivered

Stocking fillers such as the Grow-a-Sloth and Liar!Liar! Pants on Fire games are sold out and out of stock because of port problems

* shops that are still open that is

Edited by Bill

30 minutes ago, Bill said:

Bumper Brexit Bonus  

Yes, folks you can clean up on toys, games, white goods ........................and much more

as stock held up at the ports due to brexit will not be available in the shops until late January *

not so much ho ho. as oh no when retailers find Xmas branded goods on the hands in February

and this brexiteer 'must have' may well have wait until Easter before it is delivered

Stocking fillers such as the Grow-a-Sloth and Liar!Liar! Pants on Fire games are sold out and out of stock because of port problems

* shops that are still open that is

The amount of people you call liar, you'd better stock  up 🙂

Johnson must be living the dream. Today he cancels Christmas, tomorrow he can announce a No Deal Brexit

2 hours ago, BigFish said:

Johnson must be living the dream. Today he cancels Christmas, tomorrow he can announce a No Deal Brexit

A Christmas Carol without the happy ending.

15 minutes ago, horsefly said:

A Christmas Carol without the happy ending.

Well I think we've known for a while there there wasn't any chance of a Happy New Year 😧

Not unless you own a hedge fund ..................................

Edited by Creative Midfielder

2 hours ago, BigFish said:

and to complete the hat trick he will find he has got another bird up the duff

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

That would be another case of him breaching a Withdrawal Agreement

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Bill said:

You've made me realise that I've been a tad unfair in describing Johnson as a total incompetent - you've picked up on the one area (the only one) in which Johnson does appear to be not just competent but above average in competence.

Mind you, just makes even more clear that he's chosen the wrong career path. I reckon that he (and I'm sure that the rest of us) would be much happier if he'd stuck at what he's good at and steered well clear of politics.

2 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

How does a Tier 4 lockdown covering Dover work on the 1st Jan?

I think we are just finding out now. 

16 minutes ago, Herman said:

I think we are just finding out now. 

Yes indeed, although I don't think Spain has banned us yet so maybe Portsmouth and Plymouth ferries are still running to Santander but as far as Dover and Folkestone are concerned it sounds as though they are shut for both passengers and freight.

That should give the Government a good opportunity to check out their contingency plans in advance of the chaos previously scheduled for the1st of Jan 🤣😂🤣

Well they had the chance to extend the transition but they decided to keep the headbangers happy rather than the country safe. Remember who has done this. 

30 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Yes indeed, although I don't think Spain has banned us yet so maybe Portsmouth and Plymouth ferries are still running to Santander but as far as Dover and Folkestone are concerned it sounds as though they are shut for both passengers and freight.

That should give the Government a good opportunity to check out their contingency plans in advance of the chaos previously scheduled for the1st of Jan 🤣😂🤣

I suppose from Macron's perspective its also a good way to hold Johnson's feet quite legally to the 🔥 fire.

Smoking. 

9 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I suppose from Macron's perspective its also a good way to hold Johnson's feet quite legally to the 🔥 fire.

Smoking.

I guess so, a bit of an unexpected bonus for him but then Macron vs Johnson was always a complete no contest - if it had been a boxing match then the referee would have stopped it on the 1st of Feb this year.

Johnson has been an absolute gift for Macron and one that keeps on giving - firstly Brexit re-establishes the French in the ad-hoc joint leadership position within the EU that they always used to occupy before the UK came along and crashed the party.

Then this year, after Macron had been having some political problems domestically, Johnson has gone out of his way to make Macron look good to his domestic voters and skate over his other problems - mind you that's a service that Johnson is providing to leaders the world over.

Not only has made the UK a laughing stock all around the world, but there must be millions of people that don't think much of their PM, but are now consoling themselves with the thought that things could be an awful lot worse and at least they haven't saddled themselves with an idiot like Johnson.

• Like 1

On 19/12/2020 at 21:01, Creative Midfielder said:

You've made me realise that I've been a tad unfair in describing Johnson as a total incompetent - you've picked up on the one area (the only one) in which Johnson does appear to be not just competent but above average in competence.

Mind you, just makes even more clear that he's chosen the wrong career path. I reckon that he (and I'm sure that the rest of us) would be much happier if he'd stuck at what he's good at and steered well clear of politics.

Lying, cheating and not accepting responsibility for his actions

....................................yes, I can't see those attributes being of any help in politics

But he has given us back our pride😂, the ability to make our own laws (which his advisers can break), our new passports🎇, a WA that he may well break🆘 and tariffs on on anything we desire.

But we all have the Bulldog tenacity (known as a hedge fund or daddys wealth) to overcome any obstacle.

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

But he has given us back our pride😂, the ability to make our own laws (which his advisers can break), our new passports🎇, a WA that he may well break🆘 and tariffs on on anything we desire.

But we all have the Bulldog tenacity (known as a hedge fund or daddys wealth) to overcome any obstacle.

You've forgotten the ten thousands of bureaucratic jobs (or at least vacancies) he has created to service the new red tape mountain

The Brexiteers wanted the UK to become a backward looking country, isolated from the rest of Europe.

Thanks to Johnson, since Sunday night it has become that

I'm just shocked that the EU members are allowed to control their own borders. 

Edited by Herman
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Perhaps this is a sort of vaccination against Brexit - where the country is given a small dose now, so as to be able to cope with what further harm lies ahead

Because just as the warnings in the summer how things with the virus would get worse in the winter, so the warnings about how things with Brexit will get far worse in 2021

Probably best to entend the transition until July...................................2050

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herman said:

I'm just shocked that the EU members are allowed to control their own borders. 

They are setting their own border and travel restrictions.

It is almost as if they are independent/sovereign countries

"take back control, four legs good .... baa baa " 🐑🐑🐑

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

They are setting their own border and travel restrictions.

It is almost as if they are independent/sovereign countries

"take back control, four legs good .... baa baa " 🐑🐑🐑

Yep, its a bit of a strange one I wonder how they managed to do that 😂

All a bit reminiscent of a few years ago when the Brexiteers were complaining about EU citizens taking advantage of Single Market freedom of movement to come over here purely to cash in on unemployment and other benefits. Apparently EU rules prevented us from doing anything at all about it........................until that is it was pointed out many other EU countries had introduced, quite legally, restrictions to curb benefit seekers but that our Government had decided not to and instead had a policy of lying to the electorate to deflect the blame for their own incompetence onto the EU -  a policy which in general has continued to this day 🙄

The question that arises from the above is are brexiteers so thick they cannot even understand something as simple as that, or they unwilling to take on board stuff that doesn't fit their bigoted narrative,

Because if nothing, the past month or so has seen the brexit lies exposed on an almost daily basis

Which I suggest will be reflected in a further movement away from this lunacy in future polls

• Like 1

I'm actually please to see other countries banning us and I'd be interested to know how they process freight and cargo in relation to stopping the virus in general.

45 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

I'm actually please to see other countries banning us and I'd be interested to know how they process freight and cargo in relation to stopping the virus in general.

Could be completely wrong but I imagine they will go down the route of insisting it goes by container rather than lorry - that removes the problematic human element.

Of course that is absolutely fine for ports like Immingham and Felixstowe but still kills the Dover-Calais route which is so vital to traffic carrying fresh/perishable goods or indeed anything and everything that is part of a JIT supply chain, viz car components.

Obviously this is a problem that was coming down the track anyway on first of Jan, and for which we remain totally unprepared, but a complete shutdown certainly ups the ante even further and leaves the UK even more screwed than we are already - didn't acually think that was possible but just goes to show......................🙄

22 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Could be completely wrong but I imagine they will go down the route of insisting it goes by container rather than lorry - that removes the problematic human element.

Of course that is absolutely fine for ports like Immingham and Felixstowe but still kills the Dover-Calais route which is so vital to traffic carrying fresh/perishable goods or indeed anything and everything that is part of a JIT supply chain, viz car components.

Obviously this is a problem that was coming down the track anyway on first of Jan, and for which we remain totally unprepared, but a complete shutdown certainly ups the ante even further and leaves the UK even more screwed than we are already - didn't acually think that was possible but just goes to show......................🙄

Hydroponics is the way. Ask any cannibas grower.

Don't miss tomorrows

Daily Bigot

which has all your festive brexit deadlines

make sure you miss each deadline as they pass

also

Farage..why Father Christmas is white

IDS....poor people really are to blame

Rees-Mogg...close food banks in Jan

r/ukpolitics - Dutch newspaper NRC's cartoon mocking Boris using a reference to Churchill

• Like 1

On 23/12/2020 at 14:01, Bill said:

r/ukpolitics - Dutch newspaper NRC's cartoon mocking Boris using a reference to Churchill

Brilliant, but sadly also uncomfortably close to the truth.

Johnson as a Churchilian leader 🤣🤣 - he wouldn't even make the grade as Neville Chamberlain.

In fact you can't really compare him to any previous PM as we've never had such a completely useless, incompetent, lying t*sser as Johnson occupying the office before.

Oh I forgot to mention the corruption - he's streets ahead of all previous incumbents in that department as well.

It is from a Dutch source, and probably reflects how the rest of the EU see this fraud

A man who could lie for England

.................................and does so regularly, but not in a ditch or in front of  bulldozer it would seem 😏