Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Fever

The Brexit Thread (reprise)

Recommended Posts

Just hope this isn’t forgotten. 
 

image.thumb.jpeg.1ecc8aa0c5b7bd2d9ad35862bb5adcca.jpegimage.thumb.png.83ef68a1906ee215d4607cfdb57815e2.png

Edited by dj11
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is just the start of the Brexit fiasco interrogation - and he already looks scared sh!tless.... he gets away with ignoring the underlying question this time, but it's going to be coming again and again and again.... 

 

Edited by Surfer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, paul moy said:

Boris is walking today !!    News conference later...........

So he waffled rather than walked - maybe he really meant to walk like he'd promised and then some joker messed about with his autocue 😂

He probably wouldn't even notice as he never really has a clue what he's talking about - maybe he's got his feet up right now in No 10, sinking a couple of bottles of red and thinking that he has walked 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dj11 said:

Just hope this isn’t forgotten. 
 

image.thumb.jpeg.1ecc8aa0c5b7bd2d9ad35862bb5adcca.jpegimage.thumb.png.83ef68a1906ee215d4607cfdb57815e2.png

👆😂.              ☝️☝️☝️🤣🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry, but that is so obviously "fake news" NFN.

Of course they said those things, they are honorable men and wouldn't mislead the British public.

The question that has to be answered is why some sections of the media are claiming what they said isn't true? 

 

I have my "positive Brexit changes" notebook open, and pencil sharpened, poised to start making entries any day now.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And it's not just the fate of the economy that we have to worry about under this "government" it's behaving increasingly as a cult - sacrificing everything positive about cooperation on the alter of "sovereignty" 

Reality is going to slap these knuckleheads so hard in a few weeks they will not know what this them.

Eh what?.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile, Liz Truss wittering on about how open our trade talks are compared to other countries... sure Liz.... like everything else with this Government it's not open at all, its highly centralized and Parliament has no formal voice in the process at all.1428309761_Tradetalks.thumb.jpg.b883cd0d34ab680f5b06d2cb5319cbf9.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Surfer said:

Meanwhile, Liz Truss wittering on about how open our trade talks are compared to other countries... sure Liz.... like everything else with this Government it's not open at all, its highly centralized and Parliament has no formal voice in the process at all.1428309761_Tradetalks.thumb.jpg.b883cd0d34ab680f5b06d2cb5319cbf9.jpg

The Brexit 'coup' would all come undone pdq if we allowed elected representatives to debate and vote on the final deals ! That's not the Brexit way is it  - over the cliff they go.

Best to use a scorched earth policy, no going back, boats and bridges burnt so whoever takes over the mess can't easily then undo all the 'international treaties' you've signed. Hold on a minute .... LOL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

The Brexit 'coup' would all come undone pdq if we allowed elected representatives to debate and vote on the final deals ! That's not the Brexit way is it  - over the cliff they go.

Best to use a scorched earth policy, no going back, boats and bridges burnt so whoever takes over the mess can't easily then undo all the 'international treaties' you've signed. Hold on a minute .... LOL. 

Seems to me that both Theresa May and Johnson have known all along that all these trade deals that are supposedly going to replace our deal with the EU are actually pretty irrelevant economically.

Even though both TM & BJ have proved themselves to be utterly useless leaders I can't believe that even they would have appointed a couple of total muppets like Liam Fox and Liz Truss to run our trade talks if they actually believed these trade deals were important for our economy going forwards, certainly so far the only value they've delivered is comedy value......😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Liz Truss to run our trade talks

At least our cheesemakers will be safe... 🤪🤣

Apples

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's notable that it's only the "blue" ones though.... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you think Johnson can't get any lower he does. He simply and blatantly lied to parliament about the mayor of London, TFL and their financial problems. The bloke is filth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did they mention they managed to reduce the TFL deficit by 71% before Covid hit. That deficit was built up by an adulterous buffoon, who spaffed millions of pounds on things like a garden bridge, water cannons and Plans for an airport in the middle of the Thames. 
 

The Tories are now planning to shaft Londoners by forcing the Mayor to increase the congestion charge to the North and South Circulars, and they will try and shift the blame on Khan. There is a Mayor election next year and all this will be chucked about by the Tory muck spreading machine. 
If Trump goes, I so hope their days are numbered. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His main opponent isn't put off by things like facts and the truth so you bet a lot of this rubbish will be used. Hopefully Londoners are a bit more savvy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Labour are leading by 20% at the moment, and I think the majority of Londoners can spot a con man a mile off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Herman said:

His main opponent isn't put off by things like facts and the truth so you bet a lot of this rubbish will be used. Hopefully Londoners are a bit more savvy. 

I'd say they are, in fact I don't think the Tories should be expecting too many wins anywhere in mayoral elections in the foreseeable future - think we will be seeing the back of Andy Street next May and they are definitely in for a right kicking in city council elections all over the country.  🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They've managed to annoy Jersey now. It's like getting a bollocking from Private Godfrey. 

 

And the Falklands.

 

Edited by Herman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/10/2020 at 10:34, Herman said:

They've managed to annoy Jersey now. It's like getting a bollocking from Private Godfrey. 

 

And the Falklands.

 

I doubt that Johnson has any idea where the Falklands are, in fact Jersey may be a bit of a stretch for him, and of course we already know that Raab's geographic knowledge doesn't even extend as far as Dover.....................😂

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I doubt that Johnson has any idea where the Falklands are, in fact Jersey may be a bit of a stretch for him, and of course we already know that Raab's geographic knowledge doesn't even extend as far as Dover.....................😂

Given  the way negotiations have gone over time, I doubt that Johnson or the rest of them give a fúck about The Falklands, Jersey, Gibraltar or anywhere else 😔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Given  the way negotiations have gone over time, I doubt that Johnson or the rest of them give a fúck about The Falklands, Jersey, Gibraltar or anywhere else 😔

Can't argue with that either 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I doubt that Johnson has any idea where the Falklands are, in fact Jersey may be a bit of a stretch for him, and of course we already know that Raab's geographic knowledge doesn't even extend as far as Dover.....................😂

Maybe it would make more sense for the Falklands to have tariff free access to South American countries + Britain? Just saying......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Surfer said:

Maybe it would make more sense for the Falklands to have tariff free access to South American countries + Britain? Just saying......

'Where's South America?' - Dominic Raab, 23/06/2016; Boris Johnson 20/05/2018    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear there is a rumour that Johnson is waiting on the results of the US elections before deciding his next move. Unsure why, there is no trade deal unless the Democrats in the House of Representatives give it the ok. Although it is certainly true that there will be no change out of Biden over Ireland and borders for the DUP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BigFish said:

I hear there is a rumour that Johnson is waiting on the results of the US elections before deciding his next move. Unsure why, there is no trade deal unless the Democrats in the House of Representatives give it the ok. Although it is certainly true that there will be no change out of Biden over Ireland and borders for the DUP.

Haven't heard that but it would be no surprise, and IMO the why isn't really a surprise either - its becoming increasinly obvious that in addition to the flaws in Johnson's character that we've known about for a long time, the serial lying, total incompetence and being a bit dim (amongst others) we now need to add being utterly indecisive.

If we think back through the Covid crisis he seems to have been completely unable to take timely decisions and has had to be forced or panicked into taking them, and has frequently subsequently modified/completely reversed them..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The man is a coward in addition to being incompetent. Cut from the same cloth as Donald Trump. Both are just blowhards prone to spiteful retribution against anyone weaker than them, any ready to exploit any sense of civility to push their agenda forward - like Mussolini and Hilter did in the 20's and 30's. But ultimately like any playground bully they will slink away when the people stand up to them......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deadline for the UK response to the EU on the Internal Markets Bill has passed, so legal action goes to the next stage. Johnson still waiting, desparately, for a Trump victory. Biden wins and the Bill is dead on arrival. Ah the joys of sovereignity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/10/2020 at 07:31, BigFish said:

I hear there is a rumour that Johnson is waiting on the results of the US elections before deciding his next move. Unsure why, there is no trade deal unless the Democrats in the House of Representatives give it the ok. Although it is certainly true that there will be no change out of Biden over Ireland and borders for the DUP.

So the Brexiteers Trump is our friend = massive US trade deal is looking like the latest delusion to prove unfounded. Wonder if this moves the dial to the UK/EU trade talks. Perhaps Johnson calling Obama a Kenyan wasn't the best idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigFish said:

So the Brexiteers Trump is our friend = massive US trade deal is looking like the latest delusion to prove unfounded. Wonder if this moves the dial to the UK/EU trade talks. Perhaps Johnson calling Obama a Kenyan wasn't the best idea.

😂 No probably not, but then has Johnson ever been known to have a good idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

😂 No probably not, but then has Johnson ever been known to have a good idea?

To be fair, if Johnson's lockdowns manage to do for the tawdry tat and blingfest that is Christmas (and preferably permanently)  I would have to mark that down as a job well done, even if only accidentally...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/11/2020 at 19:15, PurpleCanary said:

To be fair, if Johnson's lockdowns manage to do for the tawdry tat and blingfest that is Christmas (and preferably permanently)  I would have to mark that down as a job well done, even if only accidentally...

I guess statistically it is inevitable, if he hangs around long enough, that the idiot Johnson will get something right.

But listening to him still blathering and repeating complete nonsense such as 'we'll do well with an Australian style deal' definitely means that it will be accidental.

Still I'm hopeful that we won't have to listen to his drivel for too much longer - he is beginning to look a pretty lonely\exposed figure, especially now his mentor Trumpski is on his way out,  and I think the speculation about his replacement will only intensify from now on.

I'm not much of a forecaster but have thought (and said) for a long while that Johnson will be gone in the spring and if I was a betting man I would still be putting my cash on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...