Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Fever

The Brexit Thread (reprise)

43 minutes ago, Herman said:

Bloody Germans.😀

"The area now called England was first inhabited by modern humans during the Upper Paleolithic period, but takes its name from the Angles, a Germanic tribe"

I think we should honour our history and be given back to the German people who have a legitimate claim to these lands as they were the first settlers. Anyone who can trace their ancestry back to these times should also be given a German passport and EU citizenship.

Don't forget every time someone tells you they are 'English through and through' they're really telling you that they are descended from the Germans. 😀

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SHRIMPER said:

Yes, as I pointed out earlier, the English are decended from a German tribe so the English sense of humour was originally the German sense of humour.

59 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Yes, as I pointed out earlier, the English are decended from a German tribe so the English sense of humour was originally the German sense of humour.

It is a genetic certainty that every natural born Englishman is descended from every German alive during the 10th century with living descendents.

That should blow the Brexwits' minds.

39 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

OMG!

Wow, @SwindonCanary is going to have to up his game a bit, first genuine challenger in the stupidity stakes for a while 😀

Worried about immigrants taking his job, I wonder what that could be??

Mind you, you can sort of see his point - any numpty who can tie his own shoe laces is eminently more employable than that idiot  😂😂😂

My first thoughts on stories like this is it must be a wind up 

However, Sam's account has been suspended, so it is difficult to check, but Ant says his timeline was much the same

I find it hard to believe anyone could be that stupid, but then I think of a couple of posters here.....

Sky news Burley and Hancock on the Tony Abbott trade role today. As ever, an eye opener about the politics of our  government at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

It's not technically illegal, but here is another example of - "one rule for you, and one for us"  He's the TRANSPORT SECRETARY

https://www.politico.eu/article/grant-schapps-uk-transport-secretary-registered-his-private-plane-under-weaker-us-rules/

Oh no, not Shappsy as well.😀 A man full of beliefs, integrity and principles.

But not to worry, Boris quickly to the rescue with a bigger story.... holding a meeting with 50 MP's in a room designed for max capacity 29... followed up by a tweet from his office reminding people they can get a large fine if they hold meetings of 30 people or more.... what a pillock. 

Boris.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Meanwhile - more lorry parks, lots more lorry parks. And don't you dare object ... was the above to distract from this? 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-03/government-gets-power-to-build-brexit-lorry-parks-across-england?srnd=politics-vp

With Britain less than four months away from its final split with the European Union, U.K. Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick gave himself sweeping powers to build truck parks across large parts of England to avoid chaotic queues at ports.

The government will be able to start construction in 29 different council areas without the approval of local officials, according to a statutory instrument laid before Parliament on Thursday. The areas included stretch from Devon and Somerset to Warwickshire and Suffolk.

Locations.jpg

Edited by Surfer

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Sky news Burley and Hancock on the Tony Abbott trade role today. As ever, an eye opener about the politics of our  government at the moment. 

"The punchline to this whole section is that Tony Abbott isn't even an expert on trade." Ian Dunt.

• Like 1

Politics is about applying pressure at the right moment, and that moment is getting very near. 

(As opposed to policies which need long term planning, and apparently none has been done) 

Over to you Keir Starmer.... 

So, once the lorry parks are up and ready (late 2921) all will be OK

err, no

"the lorry parks could play an important part in plans to limit delays at the borders from January 1, 2021. "

so late 2012 then ?

''The development must end by 31 December 2025, and all reinstatement works must have been completed by 31 December 2026."

So great news for UK exporters, chilled goods will not leave UK premises and go direct to  their destination in the EU as before, but may well be parked up on some lorry park waiting 'their turn'. Of course, if this is replicated on chilled food coming into the country, it will not impact on food supplies..... of course not 😕

Unfortunately EU countries will have the option of buying from other EU countries to avoid delays - the UK will not

And this is just the beginning of this costly shtshow

Edited by Bill

See the idiot Johnson is talking about an Australian-style deal again  😂😂

Just wonder whether he genuinely doesn't realise he was rumbled long ago or whether he does know he is talking b*ll*cks but that this incredibly low grade bullsh1t is the best he can come up with - my money would be on the latter   🤣

14 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

See the idiot Johnson is talking about an Australian-style deal again  😂😂

Just wonder whether he genuinely doesn't realise he was rumbled long ago or whether he does know he is talking b*ll*cks but that this incredibly low grade bullsh1t is the best he can come up with - my money would be on the latter   🤣

CM - What what whole saga has shown me is how gullible most people are - easily led and manipulated. Whether it's Trump in USA, Johnson and Brexit here, anti-vaxxers, CV-19 deniers or religious nut jobs they'll all find exactly the 'conspiracy' theory or enemy they are looking for in their own echo chamber on the web!

The ones who are laughing are the likes of Putin and the Chinese - it's a gift and all too easy to undermine the 'West' with its own unquestioning gullible peoples. Frankly it's a 'war' of rationality vs the dark ages and chaos. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

easily led and manipulated. Whether it's Trump in USA, Johnson and Brexit here, anti-vaxxers, CV-19 deniers or religious nut jobs they'll all find exactly the 'conspiracy' theory or enemy they are looking for in their own echo chamber on the web!

all of whom are righties

here's a classic scam artist conning the dimwitted righties

even he can't contain himself from laughing (30 secs)

10 hours ago, Bill said:

So great news for UK exporters, chilled goods will not leave UK premises and go direct to  their destination in the EU as before, but may well be parked up on some lorry park waiting 'their turn'. Of course, if this is replicated on chilled food coming into the country, it will not impact on food supplies..... of course not 😕

Unless the government has done a  U-turn, the last I heard is that we have run up the white flag and are allowing imports unchecked for a few months 

Those lorries coming in will still have to be checked on the way out though, I guess, thus slowing down the supplies coming in, in the event of delays at the border or parks

16 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Unless the government has done a  U-turn, the last I heard is that we have run up the white flag and are allowing imports unchecked for a few months 

Those lorries coming in will still have to be checked on the way out though, I guess, thus slowing down the supplies coming in, in the event of delays at the border or parks

I think all that is true but it is not just the lorry parks in Kent that will be a major problem, there is also a border to implement in the Irish Sea and the EU have made it quite clear that they will not tolerate us failing to meet the obligations we have signed up to - and nor should they!

The real problem that the idiot Johnson has is that as far as these two issues are concerned it really makes no difference whether he sticks out for no deal or folds & takes whatever figleaf of a deal that the EU gives him - both of those borders will remain problems to which the UK has no solution. 

Edited by Creative Midfielder

16 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

True, checks on animal derived foodstuffs do not begin until April - which, as things stand, it is highly unlikely that the necessary infrastructure and software will be anywhere near in place.

Whereas "Business leaders have long warned that new checks will mean major disruption to the supply chain and those who trade in fresh and chilled food still face checks on the EU side in key ports including Calais, Rotterdam, Zeebrugge and Dublin."

There is also the no small matter of "Special arrangements for checks on goods travelling between Britain and Northern Ireland remain a major issue for the EU. They kick iwhether or not there is a trade deal ...................................the two sides also remain at odds over whether the EU can open a Belfast office to oversee the Irish Sea border. While the Brexit treaty allows EU officials to be present during checks at Northern Irish ports and airports, the UK is refusing to allow Brussels a permanent base in Belfast."

"While the Brexit treaty allows EU officials to be present - " taking back control '', eh ? 😅

Nissan delays new Qashqai production in Sunderland until the middle of next year

Carmaker Nissan has said it now won't be starting work on its new Qashqai in Sunderland until the middle of next year as it waits for the outcomes of Brexit negotiations

Mirror - and FT.

Well that didn't take long. I wonder what it feels being played 'all in' for Sunderland by Johnson. Mere pawns.

"it will allow Nissan to work out how it will adapt to Britain’s post-Brexit trading rules before production begins at its plant in Sunderland."

How can this be ?

The one thing the brexiteers have always told us is that 'there would be no tariffs, they need us more than we need them, brexit will still mean the UK is in the single market...... four legs good.... baa baa'

Whereas in reality without a major change on the part of the UK, the current deal will ensure the financial viability of car assembly in the UK is touch and go, at best.

Fall back onto WTO rules and assembling cars in the UK will become a guaranteed loss maker

That's why Nissan took this decision, and others will follow

As said previously, there is far more sht to hit the fan yet. The brexit numpties haven't a clue what is coming down the line over the next month or so

Edited by Bill

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

Nissan delays new Qashqai production in Sunderland until the middle of next year

Carmaker Nissan has said it now won't be starting work on its new Qashqai in Sunderland until the middle of next year as it waits for the outcomes of Brexit negotiations

Mirror - and FT.

Well that didn't take long. I wonder what it feels being played 'all in' for Sunderland by Johnson. Mere pawns.

Its quite touching in a way that the Japanese generally and Nissan in particular have continued to have a belief that promises made by the UK will be honoured, and that gentle &tactful hints about the impact of Brexit on their industry might be listened to by the UK government 😂

Or perhaps its just the traditional Japanese politeness and desire to avoid causing offence but I think it is now pretty clear that they are never going to start work on the new Qashquai at Sunderland - why would they? It no longer makes any economic sense at all.

Especially as it has now been confirmed that, as suspected, the idiot Johnson was aiming at no deal all along and is simply winding down the clock again in the 'negotiations' with the EU - https://www.ft.com/content/9906e0d4-0c29-4f5f-9cb0-130c75a2f7a7 and https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/06/five-weeks-clinch-brexit-deal-uk-move-boris-johnson-to-say

So its hello to no deal and goodbye to the car industry & the farmers (and much else besides).

I'm not so sure that even Johnson is stupid enough to want 'no deal'

My thought is that he is stupid enough, though, to think that some kind of brinkmanship will cause the EU to rip up their rule book and accept his idiot ideas

Johnson should be judged on his track record of constant failure to deliver, costly mistakes like the garden bridge  and a long list of wrong decisions that have to be quickly corrected (u-turns)

If the real thought is that it was to be a  no deal' the lorry parks would have been started long back, as would the recruiting and training of 50,000 customs officials - bearing in mind they will all need to be in place by 1st Jan if it is to be a 'no deal'.

Yet as can be seen, there is virtually nothing, Even the software has not been fully written, never mind tested.

And no amount of piffle paffle, wiffle waffle will change any of that

• Thanks 1