Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Fever

The Brexit Thread (reprise)

7 minutes ago, Jools said:

Okay, NFN FC, I'll cut to the chase --- I have in my employ two Latvians and three Polish carers...

What contribution do you think the demographic crossing the channel will actually award this fair Isle?

Which demographic? 

1 minute ago, NFN FC said:

Which demographic? 

Icelanders and Mormons..

1 minute ago, Jools said:

Icelanders and Mormons..

Geothermal and hydro energy production skills; aluminium production; ; chemical and pharma; business leadership

5 hours ago, Jools said:

Then there's the billions we could save with the proposed points system that could actually be implemented by being out of the ECHR ancd the halt of mass immigration via peoples who never contribute anything to the pot.

What has the ECHR - European Court of Human Rights got to do with the EU ?

As well as being an habitual liar as Swindo, you are also just as ignorant of basic facts as he is.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Jools said:

Okay, NFN FC, I'll cut to the chase --- I have in my employ two Latvians and three Polish carers...

I am not sure whether you can call agency care workers who attend to you as being in your employ

Do they listen to your stories of how you saw Peter Green perform in the sixties, or Dave Bowie popping round to your flat for a cup of sugar ?

Or how you drafted up Paul Nuttalls cv ? 🤣

Edited by Bill
  • Haha 1

Fact Check.

7 hours ago, Jools said:

Nay, you haven't read it wrong, Herminge --It's Herman. It's the Guardian, ffs  It was announced by Michael Gove and reported in numerous newspapers--- Firstly, the Guardian fails to mention the fact that it's the EU who have unnecessarily complicated the Ireland issue --Because that isn't true. The brexiters failed to heed the warnings about the GFA and other international treaties about our relationship with Ireland.Raab, the Foreign Secretary at the time, hadn't even read the GFA ffs. Secondly, they fail to mention the fact that the sum of 355 million is easily offset by the 14 billion per year (after the rebate) we spend on being EU members --- The millions to help businesses will come out of that 14 billion with plenty of change left in the coffers... This figure is false. It was about £9 billion.

Then there's the billions we could save with the proposed points system that could actually be implemented by being out of the ECHR and the halt of mass immigration via peoples who never contribute anything to the pot. As has been pointed out the ECHR has nothing to with our membership, has nothing much to do with our immigration policy and there is ZERO evidence that this points based system will save any money. Also, all the evidence points that immigration adds far more to the tax pot than takes out.

I'm amazed the EU hasn't had enough of us already and kicked us into touch... It's been four years, ffs!

But then again, they don't call us 'Treasure Island' for nothing 💤They don't.

So in conclusion, Jools's drunken rant was Trumpian in its level of falsehoods, distractions and outright lies. And he didn't explain why it is a good idea to spend hundreds of millions doing something we didn't need to do. And you may have noticed the  ramping up of immigrant bashing by our brexitty press. Remember this is all to distract attention away from their failure of brexit and Covid response. A few migrants in boats or the daily deaths of hundreds of your fellow citizens. What would the government rather you'd get angry about?

Result: Mostly false or fraudulent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Jools said:

Nay, you haven't read it wrong, Herminge -- It's the Guardian, ffs --- Firstly, the Guardian fails to mention the fact that it's the EU who have unnecessarily complicated the Ireland issue -- Secondly, they fail to mention the fact that the sum of 355 million is easily offset by the 14 billion per year (after the rebate) we spend on being EU members --- The millions to help businesses will come out of that 14 billion with plenty of change left in the coffers...

Then there's the billions we could save with the proposed points system that could actually be implemented by being out of the ECHR and the halt of mass immigration via peoples who never contribute anything to the pot.

I'm amazed the EU hasn't had enough of us already and kicked us into touch... It's been four years, ffs!

But then again, they don't call us 'Treasure Island' for nothing 💤

No @Jools the UK decided to leave the EU and negotiated a Withdrawal Treaty to enable this to happen. This was rushed through Parliament and voted through by the Conservative government. The EU have paid no part in complicating this. The sum will not be offset by the erroneous figure you give for the UK membership contribution because that amount has already been allocated several times over, not least in the £250 million per week that will be required to fill in the new UK red tape. There will be no billions saved by leaving the ECHR because the UK is not leaving the ECHR, this has nothing to do with the EU. The EU is giving the UK the chance to save itself from the economic impact of their choice so it cannot be held responsible. Particularly if we run off the end of talks straight to WTO terms. You will be pleased no doubt, and in a ironic way so will I because this will remove you few remaining excuses for the failure of Brexit

• Like 1

Some may recall the shy te Jools posted up a few days ago about a Japan/UK trade deal

Unfortunately the reality is not the lies he posted

"Japan has insisted throughout that its new deal with the UK, with a population of 66m, could not be as good as the one it agreed with the EU, whose 27 remaining member states have a combined population of almost 450m."

• UK government forecasts the deal would only boost Britain’s gross domestic product by 0.07 per cent in the long-term, with a £15bn increase in trade.
  • overnment forecasts a 5 per cent loss of GDP growth when Britain leaves the EU single market and customs union.
  • The UK trade department has also estimated the deal with Tokyo could lead to a 21 per cent rise in British exports of goods and services to Japan.
  • But UK imports from Japan are estimated to increase by 79 per cent.

So the first big announcement, of a deal outside the EU has the UK being far worse off

no wonder the vultures are circling, watch the £ drop further (and it will) and UK assets and companies will be snapped up at a steal

great news if you are the ones (Russkies) funding the Leave campaign, but not so if you are one of the simpletons who could not grasp what this is really all about

Edited by Bill

The issue for Jools, Swindon and others of their ilk is that Brexit is a pure faith - beyond any rational argument. However, as with any blind faith reality does creep into their subconscious time to time giving them dark anxious moments such that they have to resort to 1/2 truths, lies and distortions to bolster their faith, tell themselves it will be alright,  echoing back their beliefs from others to convince themselves, if only temporarily, they are right and soothe their minds. Hence all the daft pages Jools posts - Jools trying desperately to convince non other than himself and similar Brexiteers of their faltering beliefs in the face of the overwhelming evidence and facts to the contrary. It's not targeted in reality at 'Remainers' or even the rational undecided. Its targeted at themselves.

Even the much modified title of the 'other' thread  - the 'Positive' Brexit thread rather proves the point.

Hence in summary - no point really in discussing the subject with Jools  - they are actually only arguing  amongst themselves as to how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. No more and no less. The only way they will ever change as with all faiths is when sadly everything totally falls apart around themselves - their Brexity 'God' doesn't save them and even then there will be some martyrs.

Here endeth the lesson 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I remember posting about the links between big sugar and brexit a few years ago. And it stinks worse because it was so blatant and will harm our own farmers.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/aug/08/brexit-backers-tate-lyle-set-to-gain-73m-from-end-of-eu-trade-tariffs

https://thepinprick.com/2017/12/11/daydream-belizers-brexit-big-sugar-and-the-strange-case-of-andy-wigmore/

Edited by Herman
added link

Popcorn out. Jolyon Maughan has a lot more revelations out about dodgy government contracting. 

• Haha 1

I think today's economic figures are a fine indication in how unbalanced our economy is. Hopefully we can rebalance as having the service sector in dominance needs to change. 

On 08/08/2020 at 00:37, Jools said:

What contribution do you think the demographic crossing the channel will actually award this fair Isle?

You employ 5 carers? Jeez, I knew you had problems but I didn’t realise they were that bad. Is that 4 to hold you down and 1 to give you your medication? 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Mr Angry
  • Haha 2

Oh dear ... reported by the Express  - no FTA with the US until at least Spring 2021. Lack of progress being blamed on Covid 19 and Nov election. Simple fact is Trump throws everyone under the bus, including his own supporters, so no great surprise the UK is being shown the back of his hand. How will Boris’s lot spin this? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Surfer said:

Oh dear ... reported by the Express  - no FTA with the US until at least Spring 2021. Lack of progress being blamed on Covid 19 and Nov election. Simple fact is Trump throws everyone under the bus, including his own supporters, so no great surprise the UK is being shown the back of his hand. How will Boris’s lot spin this? 

''40 new deals by lunchtime..... baa baa'' 🤣

5 hours ago, Surfer said:

It's the collision of Brexiter fantasies with reality. And that's with 4 years of Trump, their dubious flaky 'America First' friend too. I suspect Biden will make less noise but just spell it out again calmly 'as it is'. What is in for 'US' ?

9 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

It's the collision of Brexiter fantasies with reality. And that's with 4 years of Trump, their dubious flaky 'America First' friend too. I suspect Biden will make less noise but just spell it out again calmly 'as it is'. What is in for 'US' ?

A thought that will be going through the various countries that the UK now has to try to cobble together some sort of trade deal

What is in for them ?

The EU pretty much dictated its own terms, on the basis of it's size

You can imagine the response when the UK comes knocking, cap in hand

If not, here's a clue for the brexit dimwits

"Japan has insisted throughout that its new deal with the UK, with a population of 66m, could not be as good as the one it agreed with the EU, whose 27 remaining member states have a combined population of almost 450m."

• Like 1

Ah yes, the problem apparently being Liz Truss is determined to expand British exports of hard Blue Cheese to Japan worth - check notes -  £102,000 year. So never mind the overall economy, she the one who is “bringing home the bacon”; well something like that, I’m sure Doms will come up with some snappy PR headline the press can use. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/dbfff350-f404-4c10-96fc-64da55a8fb09

So that’s the US deal derailed over Whiskey and Japan over Stilton .... anything else the private club crew can screw up  - Lamb, Sherry and Vegetable Samosas the next sticking points? 

Edited by Surfer

The reality there is every temporary deal struck will be worse than what the UK has as a member of the EU

Therefore the attempt is being made to find something that will apparently balance that loss. In this case food exports.

So the UK is blocking a trade deal with the EU in the hope it can announce some headline victory ie fish with a distinct English accent can only be caught be UK registered  boats - even though they are foreign owned..... as the were sold off by UK fishermen.

What is causing these hold ups is the UK trying to publicly lessen the loss. not what is best for the UK, but what is best for the Tory party

never the same

Strange that despite getting everything they want the Brexiteers are still angry.

It is pathological.

They are voracious. You can never appease them until the whole thing is falling onto the ground in a pile. Even then they will blame someone else for the carnage. 

Also, look at Lewis Goodall's twitter feed for a large, depressing list of all the kids getting shafted by the same idiots that brought us brexit. 

2 hours ago, BigFish said:

Strange that despite getting everything they want the Brexiteers are still angry.

It is pathological.

They are always looking for somebody (else) to blame. That's why they are angry

8 hours ago, BigFish said:

It is pathological.

5 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

They are always looking for somebody (else) to blame. That's why they are angry

Well the pandemic should have provided a perfect and comprehensive excuse for them - its really bad luck for the Brexitty chumps that the incompetent idiots that they voted into Government have screwed up so badly over the pandemic that they would be shooting themselves in both feet trying to use that as an excuse for the Brexit shambles.

It would have been handy for them to still have Theresa May (never thought I'd ever find myself saying that 😀) but even she has disappeared without trace - they really own it now, no wonder they are desperate and angry 🤣

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Has anyone seen one of the specially minted 50p coins?    No one in my family has seen one.

Did they ever make any?    Well they definitely said that they did so............probably not 😂

EU will be watching the mess Johnson/Cummings made of the A Levels and will learn two things. 1) Johnson/Cummings really are more incompetant than anyone could imagine. 2) When the pressure is on they will fold.