Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Fever

The Brexit Thread (reprise)

Oh so no opportunity for bribes and general corruption there then - no sir, not likely at all. 

KAPs would be issued to drivers who have received a green or amber result from the online Smart Freight system, which is being developed by the Government in a bid to ensure goods are ready to cross the border before journeys begin.

Each KAP would be valid for 24 hours to cover a single trip.

Drivers found heading to Dover or Folkestone without one face being hit with a £300 fine by officers from the police or Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency.

Mr Yarsley urged ministers to provide reassurance that Smart Freight “will be available and ready to use on 1 January 2021”.

One of the noticeable points about the brexiteers, is how they no longer repeat the lies they were told before the referendim. Lies they swallowed willingly

Here is the fat fraudster up on his hind legs, lying through his teeth

in March 2016, Johnson said: “I put it to you, all those who say that there would be barriers to trade with Europe if we were to do a Brexit, do you seriously believe that they would put up tariffs against UK produce of any kind, when they know how much they want to sell us their cake, their champagne, their cheese from France? It is totally and utterly absurd.”

In a Telegraph column published three days after the referendum result, Johnson sought to reassure remain voters that the UK would still have access to the single market: “EU citizens living in this country will have their rights fully protected, and the same goes for British citizens living in the EU. British people will still be able to go and work in the EU; to live; to travel; to study; to buy homes and to settle down,” he said.

Blatant lies, pointed out by Remainers, and now sadly being grasped by dimwitted brexiteers

In April 2016, Michael Gove said the UK would have the best of both worlds. “Outside the EU, we would still benefit from the free trade zone which stretches from Iceland to the Russian border” another blatant lie

But it is all hindsight bleat the brexit sheep

"Matthew Elliott, the chief executive of Vote Leave, said: “The real question should be why our EU neighbours wouldn’t be clambering over themselves to secure a free trade deal with their biggest market.”" "................. criticising the “flawed assumption” that the UK would not do a free trade deal with the EU after Brexit."

"“The OECD states that: ‘trade with the EU and other countries would initially revert to a WTO MFN-basis’. This is a highly flawed assumption that not even the IN campaign seriously contemplates as a realistic possibility. Leading pro-EU campaigners have admitted the UK will strike a free trade agreement if we Vote Leave.”"

Nothing flawed, but knowledge based on how both EU and WTO law works

We now see the UK heading for the departure lounge with only WTO MFN rules to keep it afloat. And what other countries will the UK join in having no trade agreements with other countries....... well it is Mauritania, yes just the one country and even they have a beneficial deal with the EU - one which will be better than what the UK has on Jan 1st 2021

No other country on this globe has been so stupid as to not only go down the snake to square one, but in the case of the UK, jump off the fcking board

Edited by Bill

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Yet again the Daily Star's front page is quite brilliant. 

Daily Star front page

• Thanks 1

And the lies continue to be exposed

"A new document warns that Brexit will bring up to 10 months of disruption, with emergency traffic control measures in Kent to last until “the end of October 2021”."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-uk-ports-kent-lorry-park-chicks-eu-trade-a9652836.html

and the truth comes out, as

''However, new port checks will be necessary even if the UK avoids crashing out without a deal, because even an agreement will not allow the free-flow of goods that takes place now.''

I actually thought one of most serious and telling pronouncements happened last week when the EU formally instructed all the financial houses to fully enact their Brexit 'no-deal' worst case scenario planning - i.e ensure that they have all the required licenses and authorities required to continue to operate in the the EU next year - and that included moving appropriate 'back-room' staff and processes not only a metaphorical brass plaque on the door.

It is one of those defining moments when the wheels started to came off the cash cow that is London finance.

• Like 1

Another day, another whining Brexiter

this time it is IDS, whining that the Withdrawal Agreement isn't what he voted (actually it is)

apparently in the rush to tell the voters that they would get it done, so as to win the election, these brexit thickos blocked further discussion on that Agreement

worth noting, that like the brexit voters, this cretin did not bother to read the agreement before voting it through, and in so doing blocked the scrutiny the Remainers were demanding

we can only assume the rush was to stop scrutiny that would show how Johnson had sold out, and the reality was it was not so much oven ready, as half-baked

so have a read, and try not to laugh at the brexiteers too much 😋

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/ids-slams-withdrawal-agreement-he-voted-for-on-twitter-1-6776090

and there is more of this to come, as the gormless find out just how much they were lied to

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bill said:

this time it is IDS, whining that the Withdrawal Agreement isn't what he voted (actually it is)

apparently in the rush to tell the voters that they would get it done, so as to win the election, these brexit thickos blocked further discussion on that Agreement

worth noting, that like the brexit voters, this cretin did not bother to read the agreement before voting it through, and in so doing blocked the scrutiny the Remainers were demanding

we can only assume the rush was to stop scrutiny that would show how Johnson had sold out, and the reality was it was not so much oven ready, as half-baked

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/ids-slams-withdrawal-agreement-he-voted-for-on-twitter-1-6776090

and there is more of this to come, as the gormless find out just how much they were lied to

Par for the course.

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Great link, but I'm afraid I wasn't able to follow your advice about not laughing at the Brexiteers...😂🤣

I guess having a somewhat morbid sense of humour is a prerequisite nowadays for keeping one's sanity in our dystopian country.

Three quotes in there I particularly enjoyed:

Chris Grey, a professor in Organization Studies at Royal Holloway university - “So in 2016, despite having no detail on what Brexit meant, people knew exactly what they were voting for. But in 2019, despite having a detailed Withdrawal Agreement, MPs didn’t know what they were voting for.”

Slough For Europe pointed out one of the greatest ironies: “Quite remarkable. Not only did IDS [Iain Duncan Smith] vote for this bill despite appearing now to have not read it. He also voted in favour of accelerating the process of the bill through parliament.”

And of course; John Ritchie saw the humour in the situation, writing: “In which Iain confirms that he is even thicker than you thought.”

Mind you that last one gave me a bit of a nasty turn when the thought suddenly occured to me that perhaps Ian Dunkin Donut and our very own @SwindonCanary might actually be same person.............who'd have thought 😀

• Haha 1

Mrs Queen off on a long deserved holiday - though I am not sure why she has got Tonto with her

The Queen and Prince Philip arrive at RAF Northolt

Jenrick's new building policy sounds interesting. You won't need to bung him or the Conservative party any money to build substandard housing wherever you like. Good initiative. 

On 04/08/2020 at 17:32, Herman said:

Oven ready-but nobody turned the oven on 🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Oven ready-but nobody turned the oven on 🤣🤣🤣

Most Brexiters seem the self-basting sort of turkey to me.

It might be an idea to read through the manual first before you make pronouncements on what it will do

you know, the small print

3 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Most Brexiters seem the self-basting sort of turkey to me.

With Farage as a sort of brexit leader

a kind of Master Baster, so to speak 😏

Edited by Bill

So we are being told there is progress in post-Brexit trade talks  because of “ a welcome change in tone “ by the EU : according to Michael Gove..

:  “ They said Brussels could go for a compromise entailing a dispute-settling mechanism on any state aid granted by the UK to its companies in the future, rather than obliging London to follow the bloc’s own fair-competition rules from the outset “ 

Sounds like he is conceding we are not a Sovereign independent county doesn’t it? 
Or that we are, and we were when we were in the EU. i.e. nothing changed other than the shotgun we pulled out to shoot the EU shot us in the foot again. 

How sneaky of the EU to want fair trading

It was bad enough them wanting the UK to stick to the agreement it signed.

Next they'll be expecting us to stick to the high standards we help to draw up and previously signed up to

Fiendish foreigners

33 minutes ago, Surfer said:

So we are being told there is progress in post-Brexit trade talks  because of “ a welcome change in tone “ by the EU : according to Michael Gove..

:  “ They said Brussels could go for a compromise entailing a dispute-settling mechanism on any state aid granted by the UK to its companies in the future, rather than obliging London to follow the bloc’s own fair-competition rules from the outset “ 

Sounds like he is conceding we are not a Sovereign independent county doesn’t it? 
Or that we are, and we were when we were in the EU. i.e. nothing changed other than the shotgun we pulled out to shoot the EU shot us in the foot again. 

Looks like the UK negotiators have blinked on the level playing field a Gove is spinning it

It is merely what it was always going to be, once it got this close

'death by a thousand cuts' as the UK slowly fits into what is possible - because it has only ever ben the UK making impossible demands.

If the UK wants access to the Single market, then it will have to demonstrate that it's goods are of the standard the UK previously agreed.

And if the EU and all its purposes is so bad, as was told previously. why is the UK so desperate to retain all it had with said EU ?

(something the brexiteers have never explained)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/07/brexit-uk-government-pledges-355m-to-cushion-northern-ireland-businesses

This is ****ing nuts. I thought this was mildly amusing brexit ****housery but it is far worse. Hundreds of millions of taxpayers pounds are going to be spent making it "easier" for one part of the UK to trade with another part of the UK. Or have I read it wrong?

49 minutes ago, Herman said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/07/brexit-uk-government-pledges-355m-to-cushion-northern-ireland-businesses

This is ****ing nuts. I thought this was mildly amusing brexit ****housery but it is far worse. Hundreds of millions of taxpayers pounds are going to be spent making it "easier" for one part of the UK to trade with another part of the UK. Or have I read it wrong?

Nay, you haven't read it wrong, Herminge -- It's the Guardian, ffs --- Firstly, the Guardian fails to mention the fact that it's the EU who have unnecessarily complicated the Ireland issue -- Secondly, they fail to mention the fact that the sum of 355 million is easily offset by the 14 billion per year (after the rebate) we spend on being EU members --- The millions to help businesses will come out of that 14 billion with plenty of change left in the coffers...

Then there's the billions we could save with the proposed points system that could actually be implemented by being out of the ECHR and the halt of mass immigration via peoples who never contribute anything to the pot.

I'm amazed the EU hasn't had enough of us already and kicked us into touch... It's been four years, ffs!

But then again, they don't call us 'Treasure Island' for nothing 💤

2 minutes ago, Jools said:

Nay, you haven't read it wrong, Herminge -- It's the Guardian, ffs --- Firstly, the Guardian fails to mention the fact that it's the EU who have unnecessarily complicated the Ireland issue -- Secondly, they fail to mention the fact that the sum of 355 million is easily offset by the 14 billion per year (after the rebate) we spend on being EU members --- The millions to help businesses will come out of that 14 billion with plenty of change left in the coffers...

Then there's the billions we could save with the proposed points system that could actually be implemented by being out of the ECHR and the halt of mass immigration via peoples who never contribute anything to the pot.

I'm amazed the EU hasn't had enough of us already and kicked us into touch... It's been four years, ffs!

But then again, they don't call us 'Treasure Island' for nothing 💤

If only we could get rid of all the people that didn't contribute, not sure where we would but all those Brits though 

6 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

If only we could get rid of all the people that didn't contribute, not sure where we would but all those Brits though 

Importing loafers isn't going to address the problem of indigenous loafers...

Just now, Jools said:

Importing loafers isn't going to address the problem of indigenous loafers...

I've never met an imported loafer. All the migrants I've ever met are hard working (in general more than British people), tax payers and genuinely good people 

11 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

I've never met an imported loafer. All the migrants I've ever met are hard working (in general more than British people), tax payers and genuinely good people 

Okay, NFN FC, I'll cut to the chase --- I have in my employ two Latvians and three Polish carers...

What contribution do you think the demographic crossing the channel will actually award this fair Isle?