Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Fever

The Brexit Thread (reprise)

6 minutes ago, Jools said:

How would you go about investigating no proof?

Poor Jools, another epic fail.

verb
verb: investigate;
  1. carry out a systematic or formal inquiry to discover and examine the facts of (an incident, allegation, etc.) so as to establish the truth.

• Thanks 1

The problem the 'righties face as well, is that with the orange buffoon soon to be thrown out of the White House, the investigation there will start anew

and I expect will see much of it overlapping with our own political crooks

we can be patient, time is on our side ☺️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Your views do not represent the majority. Never had, never will. You will always be on the wrong side of history

Please carry on with the meaningless waffle if it makes you happy

1 hour ago, Jools said:

How would you go about investigating no proof?

“There has been speculation Russia interfered in the referendum. In the committee’s view, it’s worse than that... No-one knew if they’d interfered because they did not want to know. The UK government actively avoided looking for evidence”

6 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

And Kuensberg packed off to Hong Kong on the day the report is to be published. It's clear where the Russian money has been going. 

No wonder Kuenssberg has gone to HK, she was building the report up as though it was going to rock the world 🙃

Just like she did the 'Trump/Russia collusion dossier'... 🤪

Hilarious stuff 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jools said:

No wonder Kuenssberg has gone to HK, she was building the report up as though it was going to rock the world 🙃

Just like she did the 'Trump/Russia collusion dossier'... 🤪

Hilarious stuff 😂

The report says that neither Boris Johnson nor Theresa May looked for evidence of Russian inference in the 2016 EU referendum.

5 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

“There has been speculation Russia interfered in the referendum. In the committee’s view, it’s worse than that... No-one knew if they’d interfered because they did not want to know. The UK government actively avoided looking for evidence”

Farage is now claiming he is innocent, because the government didn't find what it,

err................wasn't

ummm.....................looking for 🤪

"While the identity of YouGov’s Operation Pomegranate hedge fund client remains unclear, knowledgeable sources identified two clients for its pre-election polling. They are Capstone Investment Advisors and Odey Asset Management. Capstone, then managing more than $5.2 billion, made about 1.7 percent of the value of its biggest fund off its Brexit trades, Bloomberg reported after the vote, citing a knowledgeable source. Some of that was specifically attributed to bets placed on price swings leading up to the referendum. Capstone declined to comment for this article. Odey’s eponymous founder is Crispin Odey, who was both a top fundraiser for Farage and a leading contributor of campaign cash to the pro-Brexit side. His firm made about $300 million from Brexit. “

Yes, we have to believe that a huge a mount of money such as that was risked on a 'guess', or

''Farage, a former commodities broker who .........................twice told the world on election night that Leave had likely lost, when he had information suggesting his side had actually won. He also has changed his story about who told him what regarding that very valuable piece of information."

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

The report says that neither Boris Johnson nor Theresa May looked for evidence of Russian inference in the 2016 EU referendum.

I get why people who feel, often with justification, they have been forgotten by the supposed elites and so vote for populists who claim to have their interests at heart. But perhaps for not much longer, given that on both sides of the Atlantic this naivety has produced joke leaders for whom the word charlatan is much too kind. They are both hollow men, lacking any of the necessary qualities. Neither has the brains, the vision or the common humanity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Now why hasnt the Guardian moved to a subscription model like most ever other newspaper? Could it be that a subscription model would show up the huge financial hole in its accounts whereas a begging model allows it to get lots of anonymous donations from those who have stories to plant?

Your ignorance is total - The Guardian does have a subscription model & a large number of subscribers, it also chooses to allow free online access.

You don't like it - tough. It's global readership is (i think) the third largest in the world and it is the most trusted paper in the UK.

As I said earlier, you don't have the slightest interest in facts or the truth but I'm afraid it is actually you who are in a minority there, and while we're at it and just for a laugh why don't you explain to us how your utterly idiotic idea that making anonymous donations allows you to plant stories a the paper actually works in practice?  🤣🤣🤣

Think you're probably mixing up The Guardian with Farage & the Brexit Company - which would be an impossible feat for anyone other than a complete simpleton.

Edited by Creative Midfielder

"For years now @michaelgove has promised no dilution of food and animal welfare standards as a result of Brexit. Last night he voted against an amendment that would have guaranteed that. I'm not surprised. Just think it's worth acknowledging that he is, straight up, a liar."

Jay Rayner.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

"For years now @michaelgove has promised no dilution of food and animal welfare standards as a result of Brexit. Last night he voted against an amendment that would have guaranteed that. I'm not surprised. Just think it's worth acknowledging that he is, straight up, a liar."

Jay Rayner.

The vote was about whether Parliament should have a say whether dodgy US food should be allowed into the UK

Naturally the righties shrunk from such a thought, as might a slug from salt..... presumably because they know that what will be put forward, would not see MPs willing to back it

so, just block democracy as usual

You see the hypocrisy of the brexit cheerleaders, John Redwood a prime example. They have been whining about the UK having no say in trade deals, which wasn't true, but they vote to have no say at all. Conmen and cowards. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Its really shocking how the establishment and media tried to corrupt the Brexit process from the moment that the referendum was announced. Fortunately the people of this country are not stupid and see beyond the lies of the social media activists and continue to uphold the democratic traditions. After all, that's what Brexit was all about. 

I think the thing that is shocking is that there has been such a complete lack of interest, scrutiny, lack of stewardship ....(as mentioned on Newsnight it is a systemic issue).

The government has been asleep at the wheel and presumably intentionally, and if so, it is dereliction of duty....if not, it is gross incompetence.

There is a deep principle here. It ought to be deeply troubling for the whole population about who governs us. I could speak of Brexit, but let me put that aside - it is indefensible.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

You see the hypocrisy of the brexit cheerleaders, John Redwood a prime example. They have been whining about the UK having no say in trade deals, which wasn't true, but they vote to have no say at all. Conmen and cowards. 

It is, as I said, the knowledge that when the details are actually spelt out. When constituents see what is being put forward few MPs will want to be seen to have to toe the line and vote this stuff through.

That vote was s measure of how much they want to distance themselves from this stuff

Chlorine washed chicken, hormone riddled beef, anti-biotic dosed pork should be labelled suitable for brexiteers only - with the sort of labelling now found on fag packets

☠️ fit for brexiteers only ☠️

Every day another bit of corruption comes out and, yet again, it is Jenrick. Pushing taxpayers money towards target seats including his own. 

Hi guys I've realised I made a HUGH error voting for Brexit. I will be posting on this thread from now on !

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, BigFish said:

Torygraph softening up its readers for the collapse of Brexit Deal talks. Apparently the EU needs to back down. Who would have thought?

Britain close to abandoning hope of Brexit trade deal

😂 Yes indeed, its been pretty clear from the start that Johnson and Cummings never had any genuine intention of striking a deal and very unusually for this utterly inept government this appears to be one (and only) area that is going to plan.

Just a pity that they still can't break the habit of lying all the time - they could have told the truth and given themselves, businesses, in fact everyone a year to prepare for trading under WTO rules but instead we are going to end up with another almighty shambles in the UK because the UK Government isn't going to be ready, the UK Border Force isn't going to be ready, nor UK businesses or even UK holidaymakers!

Come Jan 1st 2021 only the EU will be ready to work with the new relationship, or more accurately the lack of one, and we will be landed with another huge dollop of self-inflicted grief. We really have become the stupid country.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

But it was the easiest deal in history!

To be sorted out in one afternoon over a cup of tea!

The German car industry will be along shortly to sort this palaver out don't you worry.......

19 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

😂 Yes indeed, its been pretty clear from the start that Johnson and Cummings never had any genuine intention of striking a deal and very unusually for this utterly inept government this appears to be one (and only) area that is going to plan.

Just a pity that they still can't break the habit of lying all the time - they could have told the truth and given themselves, businesses, in fact everyone a year to prepare for trading under WTO rules but instead we are going to end up with another almighty shambles in the UK because the UK Government isn't going to be ready, the UK Border Force isn't going to be ready, nor UK businesses or even UK holidaymakers!

Come Jan 1st 2021 only the EU will be ready to work with the new relationship, or more accurately the lack of one, and we will be landed with another huge dollop of self-inflicted grief. We really have become the stupid country.

Yes, it has always been obvious that there has never been any attempts to get a deal. It's why I have challenged Swindon a while ago asking whether he would have ever voted for a Brexit without a deal (he wouldn't and indeed on many occasions has been very confident there would be one). Maybe there will be a late deal? I doubt it though. 

I don't think you have to be a psychologist or a counsellor to see through Johnson's words. But lots of people do, or are deferential and simply believe in what is said.

We look like we are going to  be one very isolated country. The idea of the UK being 'exceptional' is part of some (probably mythical) bygone age, associated with our colonialist past. There is a lot to be proud about being English / British but isolationism is diminishing for our identity. Britain has long been a melting pot of diverse communities and the language and culture adapts well.

Now, I am of the view that your term "stupid country" is sad but realistic. 

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

So that naughty EU are up to their old tricks again, I see.

Expecting the UK to stick to it's side of the agreement

Didn't they realise the agreement made was with Johnson and Gove ?

The EU is not going to give up at the last minute as Ricardo assured us they always do.

So how does Johnson get out of this without losing face is the real question.