Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Kane has now hit over 200 career goals..

And to think we helped him out by showing the world how good he was.. Ok, he wasn't very good with us šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Only a few more goals to beat Rooneys record, then 59Ā more and he's matched Alan Shearer for the most goals scored by an English player.

Ā 

And Kane's still only 26.. Have a feeling he might beat that record.

Ā 

Just needs to win a fewĀ trophies to really cement his reputation- But I feel he won't get those at Spurs. If only he passed to Sterling and he would have a world cup to his name..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Yea but if he'dĀ scored the one chance he had for us he'd have got there quicker.....

I remember watching him play for us and thinking ā€œhe looks uselessā€. Never for a second imagined heā€™dĀ captain England or have this successful of a club career.

Edited by Canary Wundaboy

10 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I remember watching him play for us and thinking ā€œhe looks uselessā€. Never for a second imagined heā€™dĀ captain England or have this successful of a club career.

Honestly amazing how he's gone from being dross to being one of the best English strikers of all time

I remember being pleased when we signed him on loan near the transfer window deadline as I knew he was extremely highly rated by Spurs. Just a young lad when he signed for us but of course the Norwich CityĀ experts wrote him off after seeing him play for us for probably what amounts to about 30/40 minutes across three games,Ā thank goodness those in the game do not pay any attention to these experts eh?................

I seem to remember writing him off too. It was just after he totally fluffed a one on one for us against West Ham. I'm happy to be wrong though, glad to have him playing for England. Like all strikers, he goes down a bit easy, but he's no Jack Grealish, he does at least stay on his feet if he thinks he can score, others seem programmed to go down at the sniff of contact regardless of opportunity.

I just about remember when Keegan was considered unlikely to progress as a pro-footballer....

Ā 

Anyway I do like Harry Kane, he's an honest and decent pro....No scandals, no juicy gossip and heĀ just does his talking on the pitch....

Don't get me wrong, he's very good but I still don't rate him as highly as others. He's not - in my opinion - at the same level as the very top strikers.Ā However, you can't argue with the record, especially when you consider that physically, whilst notĀ bad at any of them, he's not amazingly fast, strong or good in the air (OK, he's good in the air).

7 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

197 penaltiesšŸ˜‰

To be fair if there was ever a player deserving of being called a 'penalty master' it's him.

Ā 

Hasn't he only ever missed 2 of them in his entire career? Pretty nuts

On 15/07/2020 at 20:11, cambridgeshire canary said:

Only a few more goals to beat Rooneys record, then 59Ā more and he's matched Alan Shearer for the most goals scored by an English player

Not sure where you got this information from, but the all-time top English goalscorer for top division goals is Jimmy Greaves with 357. Alan Shearer is second.Ā 

I wish people would stop talking like English football started in 1992.Ā 

11 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Anyway I do like Harry Kane, he's an honest and decent pro....No scandals, no juicy gossip and heĀ just does his talking on the pitch....

Stuck with his normal looking girlfriend from school as well, instead of chasing instagram models, love island contestants and page 3 girls.

That's a wise decision.

23 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Ditto. If you'd have told me he was going to become the goal scoring phenomenon he has become, I'd have suggested you see a doctor!Ā 

42 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not sure where you got this information from, but the all-time top English goalscorer for top division goals is Jimmy Greaves with 357. Alan Shearer is second.Ā 

I wish people would stop talking like English football started in 1992.Ā 

Shearer also scored twenty odd before it became the Prem - 260 in the prem, but over 280 in the top flight.

Edit: more in response to suggestion by other poster above that Kane only 59Ā behind Shearer.

Edited by Aggy