Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

It certainly sounded that way - and Webber doesn't mess about - he would have known what he was saying and how it would be taken.  Todd is young, sitting on the pitch like he did for so long was uneccessary and a bit self-indulgent imo - as was that hairstyle on the day we were relegated....just my opinion, before anyone jumps in.

Does that mean it's ok to have an opinion on someone else's opinion

as long as you qualify it by saying it's 'just my opinion' ūüėč

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I wonder who it was that tried to get back on loan, has to be Jacob Murphy surely? 

I reckon, can’t think of anyone else, Pritchard possibly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

There is an account on twitter telling all and is very reliable 

Is it another one of those Atlantic Canary ones that you set up specifically to abuse Cantwell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It certainly sounded that way - and Webber doesn't mess about - he would have known what he was saying and how it would be taken.  Todd is young, sitting on the pitch like he did for so long was uneccessary and a bit self-indulgent imo - as was that hairstyle on the day we were relegated....just my opinion, before anyone jumps in.

 

How can you say Todd was self indulgent? None of us have any idea what he was feeling at the time.

And if he was fed up I don't blame him. He has been one of our more successful players this season. And it seems he gets substituted more than others. For instance, against Chelsea when he was the only one showing endeavour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It certainly sounded that way - and Webber doesn't mess about - he would have known what he was saying and how it would be taken.  Todd is young, sitting on the pitch like he did for so long was uneccessary and a bit self-indulgent imo - as was that hairstyle on the day we were relegated....just my opinion, before anyone jumps in.

 

It's not actually up to you, or Webber for that matter, to decide what reason Cantwell had or didnt have. That's for Cantwell to say, which he has. And it's hardly unusual - it's pretty commonplace. It's just been reinforced because of the whole no-fans thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

There is an account on twitter telling all and is very reliable 

Can you share please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hogesar said:

It's not actually up to you, or Webber for that matter, to decide what reason Cantwell had or didnt have.

 

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

How can you say Todd was self indulgent? None of us have any idea what he was feeling at the time.

It is the impression I had.  I thought it at the time and I think it now. I'm entitled to think what I like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

 

It is the impression I had.  I thought it at the time and I think it now. I'm entitled to think what I like.

I'm not impressed by your impression.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It certainly sounded that way - and Webber doesn't mess about - he would have known what he was saying and how it would be taken.  Todd is young, sitting on the pitch like he did for so long was uneccessary and a bit self-indulgent imo - as was that hairstyle on the day we were relegated....just my opinion, before anyone jumps in.

 

Honestly what the **** does a hair style have anything remotely to do with fans? What an absolute load of nonsense that your hair style can make you out to be self indulgent. 

It might be just your opinion, mine is that you keep utter ****e like that to yourself.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It might be just your opinion, mine is that you keep utter ****e like that to yourself.

Is this really necessary? I don’t get the rush to outrage on all of LDC’s posts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Is this really necessary? I don’t get the rush to outrage on all of LDC’s posts. 

It's absolutely necessary.

So much of what is wrong with this world is based on looks. That person looks different to me, I'm going to hold it against them. 

It's like the recent stop by police of those Olympic athletes. They allege police stopped them because they are black and driving an expensive mercedes. Or kids in hoodies. The assumption there is they must be up to no good. They're wearing hoodies!

It's almost prejudice and should be challenged. The sooner we start judging on actions, the better this world will be. 

For what it's worth, I think there is a valid point, well made about Cantwell sat on the pitch as he did. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Honestly what the **** does a hair style have anything remotely to do with fans? What an absolute load of nonsense that your hair style can make you out to be self indulgent.

It's not about fans, it's about how a person wants to be seen by others. If it isn't self indulgent to sit for two or however many hours it takes to have your hair done like that, then I don't know what is. People can of course have their hair however they want, but to do that on such a day for the club, or even the day before, knowing it would be seen the next day, was not the best idea.  Actually I think it suits him, but it wasn't a day for looking at hairstyles, or watching a team player single himself out from the rest of his team mates so publicly like he did afterwards. He's 22, not 15 or 16.

Cantwell's Hair - Page 3 - Main Discussion - Norwich City - The ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Indy said:

I reckon, can’t think of anyone else, Pritchard possibly!

What happened to Pritchard? He looked decent for us and played plenty of games for Huddersfield in the Prem, but just check him out and he's made 13 appearances with zero goals. Has he been injured or is he now struggling to get game time for a side battling against Championship relegation? I also missed Toffolo signing for them and being a first team regular. Good on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly a dig at Cantwell imo.

Separately, any poster who posts a new twelve paragraph rant every day aimed at any fan who has dared to suggest the manager might have made a mistake or the players might not be good enough, who posts things such as¬†‚Äújust get behind them! show a bit of compassion!¬†they (the players) are human beings‚Äú, ‚Äúthey¬†are are human with all the frailties that goes with that‚ÄĚ,¬†who (quite fairly) says personal attacks on the players are ‚Äúpuerile nonsense‚ÄĚ ....

and then turns around and makes a personal attack on one of our players because of how they style their hair can only be a wind up merchant out for bites....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It's absolutely necessary.

So much of what is wrong with this world is based on looks. That person looks different to me, I'm going to hold it against them. 

It's like the recent stop by police of those Olympic athletes. They allege police stopped them because they are black and driving an expensive mercedes. Or kids in hoodies. The assumption there is they must be up to no good. They're wearing hoodies!

It's almost prejudice and should be challenged. The sooner we start judging on actions, the better this world will be. 

For what it's worth, I think there is a valid point, well made about Cantwell sat on the pitch as he did. 

That’s fair enough. I agree there is a lot of bias based on looks (skin colour, hairstyle, tats...) and you are welcome to call out. 

Funnily enough I had the same thought process about needing to challenge your post for - in my view - the unnecessary aggressive tone to try and bring the tone up.

We’re all trying to make the world a better place!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's not about fans, it's about how a person wants to be seen by others. If it isn't self indulgent to sit for two or however many hours it takes to have your hair done like that, then I don't know what is. People can of course have their hair however they want, but to do that on such a day for the club, or even the day before, knowing it would be seen the next day, was not the best idea.  Actually I think it suits him, but it wasn't a day for looking at hairstyles, or watching a team player single himself out from the rest of his team mates so publicly like he did afterwards. He's 22, not 15 or 16.

Cantwell's Hair - Page 3 - Main Discussion - Norwich City - The ...

 

I have lost count the amount of times I have defended some of your posts because it is your opinion however bizarre some have seemed.

But to criticise Todd because of his hairstyle and infer it might affect the club is not defendable.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet another classic'Master Stroke' by the Webbomeister  again.....Webbo discredits or questions (thinly veiled and without mentioning said individual) a possible want away player's commitment and loyalty to the club and cause....The 'no flies on us' loyal hyper intelligent Sherlock thinking support then think, 'well if that's the pretentious young players attitude to our glorious community club and our cause - get rid for a decent fee and good riddance'.....'Sorted' our astute DoF has pacified the support and nullified their possible anger and irate reactions to the sale of one of our young diamonds....."Boo Hiss, anyway wherever he goes he'll only be a bench warmer and a flash in the pan!".....bellow the easily appeased.....

Webbo seems to be very good at stuff like that......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

 

10 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Separately, any poster who posts a new twelve paragraph rant every day aimed at any fan who has dared to suggest the manager might have made a mistake or the players might not be good enough, who posts things such as¬†‚Äújust get behind them! show a bit of compassion!¬†they (the players) are human beings‚Äú, ‚Äúthey¬†are are human with all the frailties that goes with that‚ÄĚ,¬†who (quite fairly) says personal attacks on the players are ‚Äúpuerile nonsense‚ÄĚ ....

and then turns around and makes a personal attack on one of our players because of how they style their hair can only be a wind up merchant out for bites....

Words fail me.  So I have to play up to some image of positivity that is perceived by others, so that I'm not allowed to criticise or comment on things I see that I don't like or agree with.

Yes, players are human (as am I!) and they also have images that they project and responsibilities within the job they do. I like Todd, he has proved his potential this season, but perfect he isn't, no-one is, including me, so you can stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

It certainly sounded that way - and Webber doesn't mess about - he would have known what he was saying and how it would be taken.  Todd is young, sitting on the pitch like he did for so long was uneccessary and a bit self-indulgent imo - as was that hairstyle on the day we were relegated....just my opinion, before anyone jumps in.

 

He is a Norwich fan, he is hurt his club has been relegated. Not everyone finds a positive from a negative...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Words fail me.

Do they f**k.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Nice. Thought you were better than that.

I thought it quite amusing. Surely you can see the humour in it?

Laugh for once. We all look and feel better with a smile on our faces.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I thought it quite amusing. Surely you can see the humour in it?

Laugh for once. We all look and feel better with a smile on our faces.

I know, right? It's not like I was calling him an effing this or that.

I think he might be beginning his migration from uber-contrarian mode into victim mode...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Webber should concentrate on doing his job better rather than digging out 22 year olds. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I think it is a bit too easy to read something into everything Webber says like this. 
 

I think he just means he isn’t going to make fake show for the cameras how upset he is as he had that moment in private already. It’s obviously different for players who are on display. 

I dont think it takes much reading into to be honest. Its a very specific choice of words.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...