vlad666

Webber/ Cantwell

5 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Webber does come across as a little patronising, dismissive and a huge fan of Stuart Webber in his interview. 

Definitely but then show me one that isn't like that in this crazy ego driven world of football that we live in.

He has his faults and there are things I don't agree with but for me he's been fairly open when he can be, he has pulled the club back from financial difficulties, he protects the club assets and he says it how it is.

You can only work with what you have, we were trying to compete in F1 with a Porsche and that's not his or Farkes fault, the fault is that we have a Porsche and can't afford an F1 car.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Definitely but then show me one that isn't like that in this crazy ego driven world of football that we live in.

He has his faults and there are things I don't agree with but for me he's been fairly open when he can be, he has pulled the club back from financial difficulties, he protects the club assets and he says it how it is.

You can only work with what you have, we were trying to compete in F1 with a Porsche and that's not his or Farkes fault, the fault is that we have a Porsche and can't afford an F1 car.

Probably true.

33 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Let’s be honest... Todd has the potential to be far better than any other player in our squad and is the only one whose star has risen during this PL season. 

He has improved on each of the last three seasons. Who else has done that?

I’d say buendia has more potential but whether he has the attitude and temperament Is another thing. 

Edited by vlad666

3 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

I’d say buendia has more potential but whether he has the attitude and temperament Is a nothing thing. 

Possibly true, but Cantwell actually improved this season.

Buendia would be ace in a better team.

If I were a football coach none of my players would be allowed anything but a short back and sides and perhaps a dab of Brylcream if it were a cup game

It's all about focus

When we're off to the supermarket, the missus spends half an hour in front of the mirror trying on dresses. Me, I'm scanning the fridge and cupboards for things we're low on stock. I'm focussed on the job in hand. The wife is focussed on what she looks like. 

Cantwell can't be truly focussed if doing hIs hair like a little girl. Would he be happier playing women's football?  He needs to sort himself out. 

• Confused 1

I couldn’t care less which haircut they choose. One thing that does bother me is chewing gum when playing. Really bugs me. Gives the impression they’re not taking it seriously. 

I should imagine if Farke had words with Cantwell about latest creative creation, he may well be told to look in the mirror as he looks like an extra from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

5 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

If I were a football coach none of my players would be allowed anything but a short back and sides and perhaps a dab of Brylcream if it were a cup game

It's all about focus

When we're off to the supermarket, the missus spends half an hour in front of the mirror trying on dresses. Me, I'm scanning the fridge and cupboards for things we're low on stock. I'm focussed on the job in hand. The wife is focussed on what she looks like. 

Cantwell can't be truly focussed if doing hIs hair like a little girl. Would he be happier playing women's football?  He needs to sort himself out. 

I'd  be pretty sure that once those plaits are in place they require  less faffing than a short back n sides.  He used to be constantly readjusting  his Alice band. Now it's a trip to whoever  plaits his hair every couple of weeks and he doesnt have to think about it. I would go as far as to say it may help him focus.

12 hours ago, yellow_belly said:

Let’s be honest... Todd has the potential to be far better than any other player in our squad and is the only one whose star has risen during this PL season. 

He has improved on each of the last three seasons. Who else has done that?

I do think Todd Cantwell will have a long Premier League career, but that it will mostly be in mid-table.

I personally think that the superstar in the making in our squad is Max Aarons, two full years younger than Cantwell and demonic speed. 

He's played more football than Gareth Bale did at his age, and is younger than the point where everybody realised just how good Bale is. Bale was of course a left back when breaking through.

I'm not saying that Max Aarons is Gareth Bale, but I am saying that he has an extraordinarily mature head on his shoulders and that his pace could take him a long long way.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I do think Todd Cantwell will have a long Premier League career, but that it will mostly be in mid-table.

Do you think he’d play higher or lower if he went with a mohawk?

20 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

It's all about focus

You do sound like a twit.

(Perhaps you should ask the manager to cut his thin, greasy hair?... it doesn’t bother me what hair they have as long as they perform. Rupp, Duda, Steiperman etc all have ‘sensible’ haircuts. All are a bit rubbish!)

Edited by yellow_belly

48 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

You do sound like a twit.

(Perhaps you should ask the manager to cut his thin, greasy hair?... it doesn’t bother me what hair they have as long as they perform. Rupp, Duda, Steiperman etc all have ‘sensible’ haircuts. All are a bit rubbish!)

That is such an obvious p*ss take you’ve fallen for there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

That is such an obvious p*ss take you’ve fallen for there.

****... I did completely fall into this one. numpty (me!!) 😂

• Haha 2

Like others I couldnt care less about Cantwell's hair .. other than it amuses me.

It was a bit of a cheap shot by Webber and actually Cantwell is one of the few players who can hold his head up high for his performances post lockdown (definitely best player v Chelsea).

In terms of Webber, just as a great player needs a bit of arroganace and look at me (Cantwell) I think the same is true of a good CEO (Sporting Director like Webber).

• Like 1