vlad666

Webber/ Cantwell

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

How are your dozens of posts criticising me suggesting we play Idah and Martin looking now Corky? Now that we are actually giving them minutes and Pukki is looking so poor?

Seems to be a growing number of people calling for Idah to start now. 

Don't worry, I probably go to more U23 games per season than you have been to senior games in your lifetime, so I do understand why you don't have your finger on the pulse and are two months behind me.

Cheers.

I think you are a bit confused chap, I cant recall criticising you for advocating  Idah and Martin. I do recall asking what your starting line up would be after you gave your verdicts on so many of the team , you can go back and look. You never answered the question, just went into one. I remember you saying 'may as well start idah and Martin from now on,' I did not criticise that ,I sort of agree as they both look lively. My comment was along the lines of ,well if theyre all so bad who the ferk are you gonna play  then ..as well as those two'.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I think you are a bit confused chap, I cant recall criticising you for advocating  Idah and Martin. I do recall asking what your starting line up would be after you gave your verdicts on so many of the team , you can go back and look. You never answered the question, just went into one. I remember you saying 'may as well start idah and Martin from now on,' I did not criticise that ,I sort of agree as they both look lively. My comment was along the lines of ,well if theyre all so bad who the ferk are you gonna play  then ..as well as those two'.  

Fair enough old fella, all good.

Lets not derail somebody else's thread and fall out again.

The OP is an interesting one, it does suggest some tension in the dressing room, and I do suspect that may be a divide between those loyal to Farke and those loyal to themselves.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

And to have plaited hair, judging my how passionate you are in their defence. 

Sorry to disappoint, you would be ruled out just for being a ****, whatever hair style you have. 

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Sorry to disappoint, you would be ruled out just for being a ****, whatever hair style you have. 

No worries, I'd rule you out for having a penis. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Fair enough old fella, all good.

Lets not derail somebody else's thread and fall out again.

The OP is an interesting one, it does suggest some tension in the dressing room, and I do suspect that may be a divide between those loyal to Farke and those loyal to themselves.

Is that TuB speak for, 'oh yeah, you're right, I was mistaken and exaggerating. Sorry.'

Thought so.

I'd damn well expect there to be tension in the dressing room at this time. In fact id be amazed if there wasn't.

Maybe you should offer Todd a straightener.....a hair straightener.

22 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

As a worried, nervous viewer before such a big match, I was focussed and preparing to watch what was our last chance at getting back in the race to stay up - and to be distracted by someone's hair as they walked out on the pitch...well it interupted that mood.

And that’s where I quit as now sure I’m being trolled. 

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Maybe you should offer Todd a straightener.....a hair straightener.

I'll offer him a lift to wherever he ends up signing if he does those topless dance moves on instagram again. 

29 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It wasn't a day for admiring hairstyles. As a worried, nervous viewer before such a big match, I was focussed and preparing to watch what was our last chance at getting back in the race to stay up - and to be distracted by someone's hair as they walked out on the pitch...well it interupted that mood. Must be my bad, but then as I said before, if you make changes to your appearance it is going draw attention to you, for better or worse.

This is one of the most ridiculous and hilarious things I've ever read on here. Pure Partridge! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'll offer him a lift to wherever he ends up signing if he does those topless dance moves on instagram again. 

That upset you as well ? I think its whats called 'avin a laugh'. You really are a big softie arent you ?  Or was it lust?😇😉👍

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

This is one of the most ridiculous and hilarious things I've ever read on here. Pure Partridge! 😄

He's outlakeyin himself tonight. Funny, cos I can picture him defending Todders hairstyle in a parallel universe.

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Be honest though, if Alan Partridge was a real person you'd want him drinking in your local. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Forget the other statistics, we're the first team to be relegated by a haircut. 

Todd had been injured against Brighton and had missed training all week, which could explain the haircut, also that he would not expect to play against West Ham. I can't think that he would expect us to lose and be relegated. 

Lake District Canary has proved himself to be the lovechild of Alf Garnet and Mike Bassett. 

I'm surprised with Webber's comments which publicly humiliated and upset the player. It's Farke's job to deal with such matters. 

Why would Cantwell expect the photographers hang around after the game? 

All this has done has been to create a bad atmosphere next season should Todd stay, which makes me think the move is already been organised. 

I'm sure the player will be sad to leave, even though he seems to get more stick within this club than he does anywhere else. 

2 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Why would Cantwell expect the photographers hang around after the game? 

Is this a joke? 

The game was televised, every Premier League game has been since games resumed, and we are talking about video TV footage which was broadcast all around the world here.

And if any press photographers did hang around longer than usual then the players who refused to goown the tunnel would have been the reason!

46 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Theres no way Lakeys being serious, hes got to be on a wind up.

Hes got to be, right?

Like, he absolutely MUST be just trying to wind @Aggy up?

Hes not....I mean hes not serious is he?

7 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Is this a joke? 

Why should it be a joke? 

He is being accused trying to attract attention, why would he do that after a game in an empty stadium when the media should be going home? 

It's quite a normal reaction for a player after a shattering result. 

So the players refused to go down the tunnel? Please give details. 

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Theres no way Lakeys being serious, hes got to be on a wind up.

Hes got to be, right?

Like, he absolutely MUST be just trying to wind @Aggy up?

Hes not....I mean hes not serious is he?

One thing you can be sure of is that Lakeyo is always serious Though im sure hed say hes a right laugh...in all seriousness of course.

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Just Sow her grapes......

Looks like Cantwell’s curles!

6 hours ago, vlad666 said:

Not seen it mentioned on here but does anyone find Webber’s quote a bit strange?

“Now it is about moving forward. I got it badly wrong. I am not ashamed to admit that. But I am not sulking or lying on a football pitch hoping someone takes a picture of me.”

I assume he’s having a dig at Cantwell and doesn’t like his attitude. Cantwell always seems to give his all so I presume it’s his off field behaviour. Any opinions or info on this?

Hard not to see it as a dig at Cantwell. Webber has form and is happy to call ppl out like when he first joined and referenced why alex neil was in a tv studio and not in the dug out, and comments he made about Howson too.

There does seem to be some divisions in the club but maybe that's normal after the season we have had.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Why should it be a joke? 

He is being accused trying to attract attention, why would he do that after a game in an empty stadium when the media should be going home? 

It's quite a normal reaction for a player after a shattering result. 

So the players refused to go down the tunnel? Please give details. 

Take it up with Stuart Webber mate. 

Well this is a whole world of bonkers.

I must admit, If Webber’s comments were directly aimed at Todd then I find it odd. He’s been a breath of fresh air this season and has been one of the few that have clearly demonstrated that they’re capable at this level. Then, I’m not privy to Colney goings on and perhaps there are things behind the scenes that suggest Todd has designs to be elsewhere. I don’t know.

The crap about his hair though...

Seriously? Who cares? Have none of us ever looked back at photos and thought “yeah, not sure what my thinking behind that was...?” I know I have. From dodgy curtains to my curly long haired nonsense (I mean, now I’m bald I do look back with some fondness). From George Best’s Beatle Barnet to Bobby’s combover to Jason Lee’s precursor to the Bradley Johnson man-bun to the Beckham Mohican, Ronaldo hair island, Robbie Savage’s Atomic Kitten affair to Curetons Greenness and Huckerby’s mullet; what does it matter? Cantwell has been decent this season, was easily our best player in our last game and has a bright future in the game. 

Give him a ****ing break. 

If you’re digging him out for his haircut, you’re a moron. He might be the best local lad we’ve ever produced and I’d much rather he was here than not next season. Serious talent and if he’s got a bit of ballsy arrogance about him, good. It didn’t harm Craig Bellamy (the best player we’ve produced). 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I think it is a bit too easy to read something into everything Webber says like this. 

I think he just means he isn’t going to make fake show for the cameras how upset he is as he had that moment in private already. It’s obviously different for players who are on display. 

What in the hell has Webber got to be upset about. He’s following ‘the plan’ isn’t he, which is now back on track after promotion came ‘too early’!

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

It certainly sounded that way - and Webber doesn't mess about - he would have known what he was saying and how it would be taken.  Todd is young, sitting on the pitch like he did for so long was uneccessary and a bit self-indulgent imo - as was that hairstyle on the day we were relegated....just my opinion, before anyone jumps in.

As we were are in the middle of a pandemic Todd would have been like everyone else, unable to get a haircut by any hairdressers, because they were not allowed to work until last Saturday! 

Fancy, OTT hairstyles is what these young footballers, with fame and money beyond them, like having nowadays.

Todd Cantwell is not the only one by far. The Premier League gallery resembles a Teasie Weasie Raymond (remember him?) catalogue on occasions.

Ever since the days of Nottingham Forest's famous "Pineapple" the haircuts on view have resembled a parade of the weird and wonderful. Look at David Beckham's various transformations.

They like playing around with their hair as much as they like having themselves covered in tattoos ... it all probably helps fill in those empty afternoons.

Even at City we have Onel and Teemu, and perhaps others,  who seem to change their coiffure at regular intervals.

Non issue for me.

BUT, if it was done to create effect and be noticed then Todd's latest cut certainly achieved that.

Edited by BroadstairsR

10 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Fancy, OTT hairstyles is what these young footballers, with fame and money beyond them, like having nowadays.

Todd Cantwell is not the only one by far. The Premier League gallery resembles a Teasie Weasie Raymond (remember him?) catalogue on occasions.

Ever since the days of Nottingham Forest's famous "Pineapple" the haircuts on view have resembled a parade of the weird and wonderful. Look at David Beckham's various transformations.

They like playing around with their hair as much as they like having themselves covered in tattoos ... it all probably helps fill in those empty afternoons.

Even at City we have Onel and Teemu, and perhaps others,  who seem to change their coiffure at regular intervals.

Non issue for me.

BUT, if it was done to create effect and be noticed then Todd's latest cut certainly achieved that.

Succinctly put Broado.

I didn’t take the comments as a direct dig at anybody in particular, more a general point on what players tend to do whenever their team gets relegated and have done for years. 

• Thanks 1

I'm sure all NCFC fans are desperately hoping that Webber can improve, and do his job next season as well as Cantwell did this. We are dependent on it.  I get that Webber must be embarrassed, but he does himself no credit with this brand of 'holding his hands up'.  I imagine the remark was off-the-cuff spite rather than tactical (why?) - which is in itself rather disappointing, given Webber's supposed people skills.

Let’s be honest... Todd has the potential to be far better than any other player in our squad and is the only one whose star has risen during this PL season. 

He has improved on each of the last three seasons. Who else has done that?