Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Not seen it mentioned on here but does anyone find Webber’s quote a bit strange?
 

“Now it is about moving forward. I got it badly wrong. I am not ashamed to admit that. But I am not sulking or lying on a football pitch hoping someone takes a picture of me.”

I assume he’s having a dig at Cantwell and doesn’t like his attitude. Cantwell always seems to give his all so I presume it’s his off field behaviour. Any opinions or info on this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Not seen it mentioned on here but does anyone find Webber’s quote a bit strange?
 

“Now it is about moving forward. I got it badly wrong. I am not ashamed to admit that. But I am not sulking or lying on a football pitch hoping someone takes a picture of me.”

I assume he’s having a dig at Cantwell and doesn’t like his attitude. Cantwell always seems to give his all so I presume it’s his off field behaviour. Any opinions or info on this?

I would take Cantwell over Webber any day. 
 

Cantwell has the chance to be remembered, Webber will be a name we forget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Not seen it mentioned on here but does anyone find Webber’s quote a bit strange?
 

“Now it is about moving forward. I got it badly wrong. I am not ashamed to admit that. But I am not sulking or lying on a football pitch hoping someone takes a picture of me.”

I assume he’s having a dig at Cantwell and doesn’t like his attitude. Cantwell always seems to give his all so I presume it’s his off field behaviour. Any opinions or info on this?

What does that have to do with Cantwell though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I commented the same thing on the thread when the Webber video was released, saying it is a clear dig at Todd and Max.

Who knows what’s going on behind the scenes but could maybe infer they are pushing for moves away. Todd was being difficult with his contract last time I seem to remember so wouldn’t surprise me.

Anyway, Todd has appeared to respond via Instagram to this. Will be interesting to see what happens next. 
 

 

53A808C1-6013-4530-8512-B3C6DEF9C18D.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Yes I commented the same thing on the thread when the Webber video was released, saying it is a clear dig at Todd and Max.

Who knows what’s going on behind the scenes but could maybe infer they are pushing for moves away. Todd was being difficult with his contract last time I seem to remember so wouldn’t surprise me.

Anyway, Todd has appeared to respond via Instagram to this. Will be interesting to see what happens next. 
 

 

53A808C1-6013-4530-8512-B3C6DEF9C18D.jpeg

Webber doesn’t really give a ****.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Don't find it strange at all. He's calling it out for what it is. 

It wasn't just Cantwell though.

But his special attention seeking relegation haircut, that ridiculous laying on the pitch, earlier in the season the tweets about him going to the top when his team was 20th in the league.

But people get angry on here if you call any of it out. 

Surely must be a bit of a turn off for some managers. Some may hope they can bring him down a peg or two and sort him out, Ole Gunnar Solskjear wouldn't appreciate all that nonsense.

I firmly believe that when things aren't right on the pitch you shouldn't be doing much talking or drawing much attention to yourself off of it. Somebody close to him should whisper that in his ear.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see it being a huge rift in the club, from which it is likely it won't survive

Probably up there with the shooting of that Austrian chap, or when Herr Dumpty sat on the wall in Berlin

I think people are right to be concerned, nay.... deeply worried

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is a bit too easy to read something into everything Webber says like this. 
 

I think he just means he isn’t going to make fake show for the cameras how upset he is as he had that moment in private already. It’s obviously different for players who are on display. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

I would take Cantwell over Webber any day. 
 

Cantwell has the chance to be remembered, Webber will be a name we forget.

Rubbish.

Everyone remembers Neil Doncaster. David McNally. Stuart Webber has the chance to be a legend here if he gets the next season right.

Or, I would suggest, if he gets it very wrong he risks his good reputation he's built so far given how very bad things have been.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will you ever pack in with all this rational stuff Bethnalo, someone has gone to a lot of trouble to be divisive. Theyve really worked at it and deserve the reward of seeing a raging split in the club they love. 👍😉😇

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Rubbish.

Everyone remembers Neil Doncaster. David McNally. Stuart Webber has the chance to be a legend here if he gets the next season right.

Or, I would suggest, if he gets it very wrong he risks his good reputation he's built so far given how very bad things have been.

Ok. True. Webber could be the next Doncaster. 
 

I think he will become the emperor’s new clothes! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it me, or have we acquired a number of WUMs recently called Yellow-something? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I think it is a bit too easy to read something into everything Webber says like this. 
 

I think he just means he isn’t going to make fake show for the cameras how upset he is as he had that moment in private already. It’s obviously different for players who are on display. 

Why use that exact turn of phrase and then add “hoping that someone takes a picture of me crying”? And if it meant nothing why would Cantwell feel he needed to respond?

Im not saying it’s a big deal but I do think it was intentional. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WD40 said:

Why use that exact turn of phrase and then add “hoping that someone takes a picture of me crying”? And if it meant nothing why would Cantwell feel he needed to respond?

Im not saying it’s a big deal but I do think it was intentional. 

Over analysis one phrase from an long spoken interview usually draws out conclusions that weren’t intended. 
 

Many players have laid on pitches post relegation to show their ‘sorrow’, it is a bit of a trope. I think that is likely what Webber was referencing without intending to single out Cantwell. Or even just pointing out that in his role as a Director of Football he has to be more rational and get on with fixing the problem with no time to dwell on it. 
 

It may be that Cantwell has taken it personally, but they are big boys and I’m sure no one will lose sleep over it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Over analysis one phrase from an long spoken interview usually draws out conclusions that weren’t intended. 
 

Many players have laid on pitches post relegation to show their ‘sorrow’, it is a bit of a trope. I think that is likely what Webber was referencing without intending to single out Cantwell. Or even just pointing out that in his role as a Director of Football he has to be more rational and get on with fixing the problem with no time to dwell on it. 
 

It may be that Cantwell has taken it personally, but they are big boys and I’m sure no one will lose sleep over it. 

It was 2.5 minutes into the interview! I agree at best it’s clumsy/ham fisted, but at worst it’s intentionally divisive. 

Edited by WD40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Differing opinions here. The “hoping that someone takes a picture of me” bit seemed a direct dig at Cantwell. Maybe I’m wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some of us in the know have known for sometime that Cantwell is a wrongun I suspect the real story going on behind the scenes will come out as the summer progresses and players leave

webber chose his words very carefully when he made the comment, it was no accident 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going by these last seven perfomances,and as I stated earlier,I feel there will be a bigger overhaul of the squad than anyone possibly imagines. Anybody who does'nt want to be here or who Webber/Farke do not fancy for the battle coming up,will be gone.Sooner than later.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we can see that Cantwell and Aarons are probably two who have said they’re possibly not happy with championship football next year, Webber’s comments recently about players jumping to a premiership team then trying to get back on loan to get games and now this. 
something in there as if not why would Webber have a dig at all. 
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I think someone had peed on Webber's scampi...

Cantwell or Aarons? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I think some of us in the know have known for sometime that Cantwell is a wrongun I suspect the real story going on behind the scenes will come out as the summer progresses and players leave

webber chose his words very carefully when he made the comment, it was no accident 

Well. you know what they say .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I think some of us in the know have known for sometime that Cantwell is a wrongun I suspect the real story going on behind the scenes will come out as the summer progresses and players leave

webber chose his words very carefully when he made the comment, it was no accident 

Care to elaborate? What’s the gossip? 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Indy said:

I think we can see that Cantwell and Aarons are probably two who have said they’re possibly not happy with championship football next year, Webber’s comments recently about players jumping to a premiership team then trying to get back on loan to get games and now this. 
something in there as if not why would Webber have a dig at all. 

I wonder who it was that tried to get back on loan, has to be Jacob Murphy surely? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Care to elaborate? What’s the gossip? 😁

There is none. He just hates Cantwell because hes everything Waveney isnt...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Well. you know what they say .....

There is an account on twitter telling all and is very reliable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather Webber kept his remarks to himself about players. I'm not totally sure what his brief is but player morale is DF's area.

Webber needs to realise, just like everyone else, he is just part of the club.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Differing opinions here. The “hoping that someone takes a picture of me” bit seemed a direct dig at Cantwell. Maybe I’m wrong. 

It certainly sounded that way - and Webber doesn't mess about - he would have known what he was saying and how it would be taken.  Todd is young, sitting on the pitch like he did for so long was uneccessary and a bit self-indulgent imo - as was that hairstyle on the day we were relegated....just my opinion, before anyone jumps in.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...