Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

A Record Breaking Season... well done lads!

We could be on course to break a few records this season...

1/ Fewest Goals Scored : 28 (PL 2013/2014)

- we are on 26 goals scored

2/ Fewest wins in a season : 7 (Division One / Premiership, 1973-74, 1978-79, 2004-05)

- we are presently on 5 wins

3/ Most losses in a League Season : 24 (Division Two / Championship, 1938-39, 2008-09)

• we are presently on 25 (achieved!)

4/ Fewest League Points :

2 points for a win : 28 Division Three (South) 1930-31, 1946 - 1947

3 points for a win : 33 Premier League 2004-05, 2013-14

- we are presently on 21 points (with 2 games left; so the maximum we can get is 27 points ... so achieved! Two records broken in one category!!)

5 Most consecutive games lost in a row : 8 and counting! (2020... we could get to 10! - achieved)

A truly record breaking season... and one Lakey, the manager and the club are proud of. To quote Stuart Webber, “we have achieved our best league position since he has been here”.... what a success! (There are only 20 teams in this league 😂)

Edited by yellow_belly

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Thanks for starting another thread 👊👍😜

No problem! The season is so good... it deserved a new thread!

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Make that three threads, you must be so proud 

I am proud of the record breaking team! Yay go us! Woohoo! Haha

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Posts like this are why some folks think our fans revel in the negativity. 

I’m getting a large whiff of bin

Really don't know why people get so hung up on this drivel, it's like they're seeking out new things to be faux-outraged about as some sort of coping mechanism.

There's never been another season like it, we haven't dealt with it very well, we were likely to get relegated anyway, with not being able to go I couldn't care less if it's with 21 points or 121 points. 

It's just guff. If we lost 3-8 every game we'd have broken our all time goalscoring record and gone down with 0 points and a -190 goal difference. It's meaningless. 

The only record I want to make sure we don't break is the binners 0-9 - and even then it doesn't really matter a toss, we just pretend it does because it's them. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Yup, couldn’t really give a stuff, if anyone thinks this season is comparable to any other they need to get out more - whilst socially distancing of course.

My favourite "record" (apart from Des O'Connor's ****-A-Dum-Dum) is the one from the other day where if the present bottom three are relegated it will be the first time all three teams are relegated without changing managers.

These records are being set in extraordinary circumstances.

38 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

We could be on course to break a few records this season...

1/ Fewest Goals Scored : 28 (PL 2013/2014)

- we are on 26 goals scored

2/ Fewest wins in a season : 7 (Division One / Premiership, 1973-74, 1978-79, 2004-05)

- we are presently on 5 wins

3/ Most losses in a League Season : 24 (Division Two / Championship, 1938-39, 2008-09)

• we are presently on 25 (achieved!)

4/ Fewest League Points :

2 points for a win : 28 Division Three (South) 1930-31, 1946 - 1947

3 points for a win : 33 Premier League 2004-05, 2013-14

- we are presently on 21 points (with 2 games left; so the maximum we can get is 27 points ... so achieved! Two records broken in one category!!)

5 Most consecutive games lost in a row : 8 and counting! (2020... we could get to 10! - achieved)

A truly record breaking season... and one Lakey, the manager and the club are proud of. To quote Stuart Webber, “we have achieved our best league position since he has been here”.... what a success! (There are only 20 teams in this league 😂)

You’re quackers 🤣🤣🤣

32 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

The only record I want to make sure we don't break is the binners 0-9 - and even then it doesn't really matter a toss, we just pretend it does because it's them. 🤷‍♂️

That's why it matters!

There are no excuses for this lock down or not it’s the same for all teams it’s just we have had a horrific season truly truly awful 

its indefensible why anyone would even try?!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

There are no excuses for this lock down or not it’s the same for all teams it’s just we have had a horrific season truly truly awful 

its indefensible why anyone would even try?!

Very true

All that will be remembered or thought is that this team was pretty rubbish. Not that we had lots of the ball and Zimmerman was injured. 

As embarrassing as these ‘records’ are they are an irrelevance moving forward.Haf we been relegated in18th place on goal difference of 1 goal would people feel better about it. I doubt it as the disappointment would be even greater. At least we have been inured to being relegated so the disappointment is less.

3 hours ago, yellow_belly said:

All that will be remembered or thought is that this team was pretty rubbish. Not that we had lots of the ball and Zimmerman was injured. 

Depends on whether you are a Norwich supporter or not. I'll remember the good things about the season more than the bad and I think a lot of supporters would do that. Being relegated is just something that happens to some clubs but does not tell the story of the whole season.