Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Drmic & Husband

Do you feel Drmic can stay and make an impact in Champiosnip, or like me, would you prefer Farke/Webber approach him like the Husband situation, eat humble pie in saying it hasn't worked out, and we look to fresh blood.

IMO he's had enough time to stake his claim and just doesn't look anything at all, or add to the team  

I guess you let it be known he is available for transfer but be prepared to keep him in the squad and hope he can improve. 

In Drmic’s defence it is hard to be a second choice striker, usually only gets a few minutes here and there and no time to get match fit and confident. He has pedigree and hopefully he can make more of an impact next season. There was a brief while before lockdown that he looked a better option than Pukki. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

There was a brief while before lockdown that he looked a better option than Pukki. 

To be fair there was a period when my Nan looked a better option than Pukki. It was tempting to look for a shovel and give her a go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Webber has not taken his time to get rid/loan out mistakes in the past. 

I can think of Marshall, Franke, Heise and Husband who all were pushed out after a year. In sure there's more that have slipped my mind. 

Edited by HertsCanary93

I'm not sure how many will be queueing up to take him off our hands at the moment.

On decent wages, bad injury history and not played very well this season- hardly an attractive prospect. I wonder if we might be able to loan him out if we really want to?

Yes he'll be loaned out depending on who comes in and as for Husband. Middlesbrough's 3rd choice left back he was just a poor signing before he even played

Pity there were issues with Nelson Oliveira because he was light years better and more effective than Drmic.  I also think Oliveira would have been decent in the Prem and would have relished the opportunity to perform on the big stage.

31 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Webber has not taken his time to get rid/loan out mistakes in the past. 

I can think of Marshall, Franke, Heise and Husband who all were pushed out after a year. In sure there's more that have slipped my mind. 

Watkins

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Watkins

8 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Ragget 

Christ we've signed some **** amongst the gold. 

Offer him a record deal (i.e. a music one not improved pay) and tell him his time at Carrow Rd is up but we would pay any royalties he gets from his singing career for the next 12 months as a sweetener and goodbye bonus.

Edited by sonyc

Drmic has 37 caps for Switzerland, who are not a rubbish national team - ranked 12th in the world. He must have more ability than we have seen so far.

At the moment we have 3 strikers -

Pukki - gone completely off the boil. Age not on his side but he could get the magic touch back.

Drmic - has shown absolutely nothing at any Club that he's been at for getting on for 7 years. Unlikely to improve.

Idah - strong, tall and quick. The only striker we have who will improve.

Ditch Drmic, keep Pukki and get Idah a suitable partner

29 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Drmic has 37 caps for Switzerland, who are not a rubbish national team - ranked 12th in the world. He must have more ability than we have seen so far.

How many have been recent games?...

2 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

How many have been recent games?...

Looks like 10 games over the last 5 years, but did go to the WC with them. 

I honestly think we'll struggle to move him on, and he might be useful in the championship as an option. 

43 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Christ we've signed some **** amongst the gold. 

Did we not make a profit on Watkins (c.£1m I thought) and we will have got our fee for ragget back in loan fees, so whilst they might not have been up to our standard they weren't exactly disaster signings...

1 minute ago, cornish sam said:

Did we not make a profit on Watkins (c.£1m I thought) and we will have got our fee for ragget back in loan fees, so whilst they might not have been up to our standard they weren't exactly disaster signings...

Don't get me wrong, no complaints really about the transfer strategy up until this season. 

The approach has very much been to cast a wide net and bring in lots for not a whole lot, hope that half stick and then move on the rest as soon as possible. 

The way we are playing even Ronaldo or Messi would struggle up front. Whilst Drmic doesn’t look PL quality He may prove to be much better in the Championship where we shall produce many more scoring chances hopefully.

I don't think the Championship is the dearth of talent/drop in standard people seem to think it is. Having said that I'll add another name into the mix, Patrick Bamford, seems to have done OK and he was as effective as Donald Trump in a pandemic for us. I don't see Dr Mic doing the business though, there's a look of dejection about him when he misplaces yet another pass/shot/header. I think if he was any good, that has long gone, I can't remember seeing him do anything that you wouldn't expect anyone with 2 legs to be able to do.

2 hours ago, Ivana_rubyatitz said:

To be fair there was a period when my Nan looked a better option than Pukki. It was tempting to look for a shovel and give her a go.

🙌🙌🙌

2 hours ago, king canary said:

I'm not sure how many will be queueing up to take him off our hands at the moment.

On decent wages, bad injury history and not played very well this season- hardly an attractive prospect. I wonder if we might be able to loan him out if we really want to?

There was quite a lot of interest in signing him when Norwich did, in Germany, Switzerland and Italy. I suspect should Norwich want to get him off the books they wouldn’t struggle to find an interested club - but it might only be loan as the wages could prove problematic. 

I saw Michael Bailey saying he only has one year left on his deal - which if true, is good news. 

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green

2 hours ago, sgncfc said:

I don't know mate, Wales were 12th a few years ago and are still 23rd now. They had Lincoln City and Newport County players in their last squad.

Bale and Ramsay brought the others all up. 

I'm sure if we plopped Granit Xhaka or Aaron Ramsay in the middle of our team then everybody else would look better. But in the absence of the money required to own and pay a Xhaka or a Ramsay (yet alone a Bale), its probably not worth comparing domestic football with international football.

Johan Elmander was still Zlatan Ibrahimovich's preferred strike partner when at Norwich, as another example, and Sweden has had impressive rankings at times. Doesn't mean any team rich enough to own Ibrahimovich would find space in their 25 for Elmander. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, Crafty Canary said:

The way we are playing even Ronaldo or Messi would struggle up front. Whilst Drmic doesn’t look PL quality He may prove to be much better in the Championship where we shall produce many more scoring chances hopefully.

And if he doesn't? Too risky for me. We don't know if Pukki will regain his form and we don't know how good Idah will turn out - beggars belief he isn't getting more game time. Obviously there are no certainties but we know what is required to get out of the Championship; goals, goals and more goals. Need to move Drmic on imo and invest in better.