Sign in to follow this  
urdie_Canary

Highs of the season?

Man city game aside.... any others ?

I'd say the first half at home to Wolves, it was the best half of football I think I've seen a Norwich city team play, superb.

If i remember correctly that was in amongst a group of games where we found ourselves 1 nil up at half time only to go on and loose the game 2-1 in the second half. 

The first 4 or 5 games where also really exciting and had everything, Newcastle at home and Chelsea at home for example. When you think back to those games, I honestly cant understand how we have ended up how we are now, especially the lack of goal threat now. 

I cant help but feeling the players we brought in have almost upset the group, especially seeing garbage like Rupp and Duda starting over Buendia / Vrancic etc. 

• Like 1

Pukki's hat trick vs Newcastle and the Man City game. For me, that's it.

A real low point for me was the Watford game at home, watching Emi get dispossessed and saying to my cousin "watch this hit the back of the net", seconds later it did. Rest of the game we were utterly crap.

Just now, yellow_belly said:

Getting my rebate. 😉However I am still waiting for this!!

(Anyone else waiting / been credited?)

still waiting, I applied for the rebate on the first day you could apply and still nothing yet.

Edited by urdie_Canary

Brilliant meal and beers at a pub in Lewes after the Brighton away game.

Crate Brewery before the West Ham game.

Cracking pint at Spurs..........  hang on there's a theme emerging here......

Edited by Lord Horn (again)
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, urdie_Canary said:

still waiting, I applied for the rebate on the first day you could apply and still nothing yet.

Thanks. Me too!

The beginning of the season. Six points from the first 5 games and the way we were playing. I foolishly then extrapolated this to 45-46 points and our being comfortably safe 😂.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Pukki's hat trick vs Newcastle and the Man City game. For me, that's it.

A real low point for me was the Watford game at home, watching Emi get dispossessed and saying to my cousin "watch this hit the back of the net", seconds later it did. Rest of the game we were utterly crap.

Yes the Watford loss was a real mental  blow for everyone this season. They hadn't won a game up to that point, then along came Norwich to hand out gifts!

Man City and Newcastle clear highlights, really thought we were going places after Newcastle.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Will add the shoot out v Spurs in the cup- amazing to watch.

good call, forgot that one.  

I'll also throw in there going to Burnley away and seeing us win in the cup. 

2 minutes ago, urdie_Canary said:

good call, forgot that one.  

I'll also throw in there going to Burnley away and seeing us win in the cup. 

Adam's hattrick is well worth a shout at Preston in the Cup too!

Man City at home

Newcastle at home

Everton away

Leicester at home and away

The cup games, Burnley away and the Spurs penalty shoot out particularly

Spells in several games where we were mesmerisingly good at times.

It's certainly not been all bad and there have been some memorable moments that will last in the memory.  Relegation? Just one moment of pain (unless you've been mentally relegated all season). 

Krul's season, thought he was very average last year but this, fair play to him, his handling and all round game has been magnificent. 

The emergence of Todd.    Great to see him step up and do reasonably well.

Buendia v Wolves..... possibly the best / most creative performance in Premier League history.

Man City performance / result.

Hitting the woodwork so often!!!! 

44 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Everton away was a great day. 😀

Yep, for me this will take some beating for any game for a while. The scenes in the away end when Srbeny rolled the second goal in, that's the reason we love the game, and I won't be forgetting that moment in a hurry! 

Leicester away was fantastic too... some great noise from the Norwich fans throughout.. Not had much to get excited about since! 

• Like 1

Without repeating the obvious choices and results -

Emi Buendia in the first half versus Wolves at home... just wow

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Not being repaid until the end of July.

It’s all in the T’s & C’s

Thank you!

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Relegation? Just one moment of pain (unless you've been mentally relegated all season). 

That is right up there with the most ridiculous of a long line of ridiculous things you have come out with Lakey. To say relegation is just one moment of pain is absurd.

Edited by TIL 1010

We could be on course to break a few records this season...

1/ Fewest Goals Scored : 28 (PL 2013/2014)

- we are on 26 goals scored

2/ Fewest wins in a season : 7 (Division One / Premiership, 1973-74, 1978-79, 2004-05)

- we are presently on 5 wins

3/ Most losses in a League Season : 24 (Division Two / Championship, 1938-39, 2008-09)

• we are presently on 25 (achieved!)

4/ Fewest League Points :

2 points for a win : 28 Division Three (South) 1930-31, 1946 - 1947

3 points for a win : 33 Premier League 2004-05, 2013-14

- we are presently on 21 points (with 2 games left; so the maximum we can get is 27 points ... so achieved! Two records broken in one category!!)

5 Most consecutive games lost in a row : 8 and counting! (2020... we could get to 10! - achieved)

A truly record breaking season... and one Lakey, the manager and the club are proud of. To quote Stuart Webber, “we have achieved our best league position since he has been here”.... what a success! (There are only 20 teams in this league 😂)

13 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

That is right up there with the most ridiculous of a long line of ridiculous things you have come out with Lakey. To say relegation is just one moment of pain is absurd.

Agreed, Tillo . It's not even pain though is it? Its disappointment. For some its anger,for others its just another turn of the wheel in the circle of life...  Pain, real pain is another thing altogether. I doubt anyone enjoys relegation( cue some eejit saying they do). But pain,it is not.