Sign in to follow this  
Top corner

Possible target

Norwich evening news are saying we are one of a number of clubs interested in Hibernian striker, he’s been on loan at Glasgow Rangers this season. 

Drmic is 27 and has played for the Swiss team 37 times.

Kamberi is 25 and has never played for Switzerland. Played for their U-21s and is now switching his allegiance to Albania 😝😉

Sounds like agent talk to me.

14 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Florian Kamberi-is he any good?

Judging by his scoring record in inferior leagues, no. But what do I know? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tbh I think I’d probably want to throw a few punches if I spent much time with Lennon!  

We do need ‘something’ different up front that we don’t currently have - Idah may offer it but we need depth - there’s little point having wingers and putting in crosses if there’s never anyone to get on the end of them; and our set pieces (for and against) need looking at.

Drmic seems to not be the answer to whatever the question is, but this guy probably isn’t either.

Looks like he may be homesick for Toblerone, from yesterday's Record.

"Hibs are in talks with St Gallen over a deal to sell Florian Kamberi, according to a report.

The striker spent the second half of last season on-loan at Rangers and it’s been speculated he could return for next term.

But The Scottish Sun claim the Swiss side have made an early move to take the 25-year-old back to his homeland."

Apples

If he could manage to get himself injured next week or two, we could well be seriously interested 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pegleg said:

He is a decent player on his day, but is a bit of a difficult character. 

A couple of years ago was throwing punches at Neil Lennon at a Hibs training session after a row. Doesn't sound like he was the work rate for a Farke team. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/inside-explosive-neil-lennon-row-13911981

Ah, yes, Lennon, who Highland Canary was desperate  to take over at Carrow Road some years back.. He sounds like a not very good player but while not condoning violence he does get a plus point for his opinion of Lennon as a manager...

Edited by PurpleCanary

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

His scoring record on scotland is poor, no thanks

So was Pukki's.

Its twaddle, surely?. Granted, they saw something in Pukki that hadnt really shown itself so who knows. I know sod all about obscure foreign players. Although a Dutch mate said we missed a trick on the Telstar Striker that just moved to Sparta Rotterdam.

Sparta Rotterdam has completed the signing of Telstar striker Reda Kharchouch on a two-year deal with the option of a third. The 24-year-old was playing amateur football until joining Telstar last summer. In his first season in the Keuken Kampioen Divisie, Kharchouch scored 20 goals in 28 appearances.

He reckons he'd have been a steal at the 360k Sparta paid for him, maybe one to keep an eye on as Sparta probably couldn't afford to turn down a decent profit on him if he can hold his own in the Eredivisie. 6'3 and quick too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Its twaddle, surely?. Granted, they saw something in Pukki that hadnt really shown itself so who knows. I know sod all about obscure foreign players. Although a Dutch mate said we missed a trick on the Telstar Striker that just moved to Sparta Rotterdam.

Sparta Rotterdam has completed the signing of Telstar striker Reda Kharchouch on a two-year deal with the option of a third. The 24-year-old was playing amateur football until joining Telstar last summer. In his first season in the Keuken Kampioen Divisie, Kharchouch scored 20 goals in 28 appearances.

He reckons he'd have been a steal at the 360k Sparta paid for him, maybe one to keep an eye on as Sparta probably couldn't afford to turn down a decent profit on him if he can hold his own in the Eredivisie. 6'3 and quick too.

I mentioned this guy on a thread about Gilmour, always seemed to score when I checked how our lad was doing. Was hoping Neil Adams was watching other players and not just our own!

6 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I mentioned this guy on a thread about Gilmour, always seemed to score when I checked how our lad was doing. Was hoping Neil Adams was watching other players and not just our own!

Yep he must have seen him and you cant help noticing 20 in 28, lower division admittedly. I like the idea of lads that come through a little older, having had to make a living at something other than footy. ... they would consider themselves fortunate  to be getting paid to play. I have no probs with big team academy rejects but I do wonder if they might consider that they are doing us a favour rather than the other way round .  ie us giving them  job.

7 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Kamberi is 25 and has never played for Switzerland. Played for their U-21s and is now switching his allegiance to Albania 😝😉

Jonas Gutierrez had 22 Argentina caps when he joined us, Emi Buendia has none.

Matt Jarvis played for England, Darren Huckerby didn't.

What's your point?

7 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

If agent talk and the agent is Giallanza (Swiss, ex-NCFC, Delia's friend and Klose's agent) them may have more legs than you give credit to.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Yep he must have seen him and you cant help noticing 20 in 28, lower division admittedly. I like the idea of lads that come through a little older, having had to make a living at something other than footy. ... they would consider themselves fortunate  to be getting paid to play. I have no probs with big team academy rejects but I do wonder if they might consider that they are doing us a favour rather than the other way round .  ie us giving them  job.

Wasn’t he on the books of Ajax though? (Heads to transfermrkt/Wikipedia)

12 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Wasn’t he on the books of Ajax though? (Heads to transfermrkt/Wikipedia)

Dunno, dont know much other than what ive been told about him, my dutch friend ,Ajax fan, never mentioned it. Though he often mentions that when he played for VVV, my friend that is , he nearly signed for Telstar but was too fond of partying to knuckledown to a semi pro career. Regrets it now , bigtime, as hes 195cm,left footed strong and could play. 

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Dunno, dont know much other than what ive been told about him, my dutch friend ,Ajax fan, never mentioned it. Though he often mentions that when he played for VVV, my friend that is , he nearly signed for Telstar but was too fond of partying to knuckledown to a semi pro career. Regrets it now , bigtime, as hes 195cm,left footed strong and could play. 

I hope he knuckles down and can do it in a higher league. Did you see that other Dutch striker we were linked with the other week, good grief he looks special

Hope that Van La Parra is a player we move for - on a free, good winger for champ and squad player for prem and recently played champs league football 

5 minutes ago, Tommo said:

Hope that Van La Parra is a player we move for - on a free, good winger for champ and squad player for prem and recently played champs league football 

Interesting one. Always looked tidy when he played against us, but at 29 I'd imagine we're probably looking for younger players. Also, he's been released after just one year of a three-year contract with Red Star Belgrade after playing just four games... doesn't seem to have been injured either. Doesn't sound promising to me.

14 minutes ago, Tommo said:

Webber signed him for Huddersfield so will know all about him. I can’t imagine Norwich bringing in many (if any) players over 26 though. 

Many years ago when i first started watching football most top clubs had  players in their sides from Scotland. That has not been the case now for many years, the main reason being that Scottish football has been left behind and is a pretty poor quality. That being the case i would not get over excited about many players coming from the Scottish league