Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

This has been no ordinary season

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's not as simplistic as a yes or a no answer. Sorry, but it just isn't.  

Either they were adequately prepared or not, which is it?

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Rubbish. Pressure, tension, nerves, mental tiredness all come in to play and you don't need to be a football manager to realise that. All those things either on their own or all together will have an effect on a sportsman's performance. Frankly, I think all of those things have affected particularly the young players, but probably all of them. 

Maybe That's why Todders had his hair done... a bit of time out from the pressure, tension, nerves and mental tiredness as you pointed out yourself.  Talking  out of both sides now Lakeyo? You expect them to have all these emotions and can understand  that,yet a hairstyle  grinds your gears. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Maybe That's why Todders had his hair done... a bit of time out from the pressure, tension, nerves and mental tiredness as you pointed out yourself.  Talking  out of both sides now Lakeyo? You expect them to have all these emotions and can understand  that,yet a hairstyle grinds your gears.

I didn't say it grinds my gears, I said it was self-indulgent, as are lots of things people do, like filling yourself with sixteen cans of lager, or sitting at a computer writing on a message board or a million other things. It was not a huge criticism. Anyhow, stress, pressure, tension, fear are all largely invisible and people cope with it in all sorts of ways, but if you do things that are visibly different, they are going to cause comment.

Edited by lake district canary

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I didn't say it grinds my gears, I said it was self-indulgent, as are lots of things people do, like filling yourself with sixteen cans of lager, or sitting at a computer writing on a message board or a million other things. It was not a huge criticism. Anyhow, stress, pressure, tension, fear are all largely invisible and people cope with it in all sorts of ways, but if you do things that are visibly different, they are going to cause comment.

Surely we are well past the days when people commented on someone elses hair. And despite your claims, you were inferring it meant something more.

Todd gave it as much as he could last night and even put in a nasty tackle and had revenge taken out on him not long after. I wish some of his more "older" teammates showed the same fight.

10 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I wish Todd all the best for the future wherever his football career path takes him..... 

Too right. He is one of ours and up to now has shown none of the petulance that Sutton and Martin showed

14 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Surely we are well past the days when people commented on someone elses hair. And despite your claims, you were inferring it meant something more.

Nope, we aren't past those days. It still happens that if you don't notice someone's new hair style, they can take offence.....I didn't do it once and it took three days to get back in her good books....... 

Just now, lake district canary said:

Nope, we aren't past those days. It still happens that if you don't notice someone's new hair style, they can take offence.....I didn't do it once and it took three days to get back in her good books....... 

Well yes you make a good point. In that we are in agreement 10000%

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Only from people who are bothered by a hairstyle, ill say that again loudly..... A HAIRSTYLE!!! FFS!!  If he wasnt putting in a shift, fair enough, but a hairstyle? Jaysus!!

Edited by wcorkcanary

No ordinary season? Football across Europe gets halted by a global pandemic for the first time in history . 

The phrase “No sh1t Sherlock” springs to mind. 

Do we have to trawl through these guff threads to find information of interest ? 

3 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

No ordinary season? Football across Europe gets halted by a global pandemic for the first time in history . 
The phrase “No sh1t Sherlock” springs to mind. 
Do we have to trawl through these guff threads to find information of interest ? 

Yes 🙂