Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

This has been no ordinary season

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Forget about the virus and the crowds? 

I'd rather not if that's ok.

Do you live your life and forget about your soul?

Maybe you do...

All teams faced those issues, they dealt with it, we didn't.

When the "get out of jail free" card didn't materialize we were not up for the fight.

2 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

When the "get out of jail free" card didn't materialize we were not up for the fight.

How many teams returned with one crocked CB & one with no PL experience? You don't think that may have affected the overall team confidence? As LDC pointed out, our results before lockdown had been improving compared to earlier in the season - when, guess what, we had never ending CB injuries.

But you'll just ignore that. Farke should have 'got round' the problem. Somehow.

If you can think think of a way, kindly share it with me. I'm fascinated.

I look at the facts and I see the performances with my own eyes. No amount of spin can change what has been a truly appalling performance by our club. I just hope there is improvement next season and that the damage done this season is not as bad as it looks on the pitch.

11 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Yes all teams do.

Whilst I'm a Norwich supporter I can still see the plight of others.

Liverpool win the prem at the 28th attempt and the supporters who have seen everyone of those attempts don't get to enjoy it.

Leeds look like they finally will make it back to the prem and the supporters who went through all the previous attempts don't get to enjoy it.

However that's of little consequence to me as Norwich are the team I support and they are relegated and I couldn't be there to help them in their attempts not to be.

I expect your Liverpool and Leeds double couldn't care less either. 

16 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I look at the facts and I see the performances with my own eyes. No amount of spin can change what has been a truly appalling performance by our club. I just hope there is improvement next season and that the damage done this season is not as bad as it looks on the pitch.

Put the club back on a sound financial footing

developed a half dozen youth players to PL standard

built and paid for a much improved youth development facility

absolutely appalling 🤪

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Badger said:

Yes - I'd go along with this and part of what LDC has said. We were often poor before the lock down, but we were plagued by injuries in key positions+ had some bad luck, but nevertheless were still likely to get relegated. We have been terrible since the restart and it is difficult to avoid the conclusion that it has had a negative effect upon us.

Moving forwards, I just don't understand how next season can work. We should be ok with parachute payments but how are others clubs going to manage with almost no income - many of them have wage bills of 25 million plus - unless I have missed it, nobody seems to be discussing this at all? 

Great point you make there Badger. Naturally we all concentrate on whats happening at our  club. Even before Covid and the lockdown came along the decades of money rolling into the Prem with little filtering into the lower leagues were starting to take a toll with Bury going to the wall, Bolton nearly the same, but now one wonders if Wigan are just the start of huge problems for many more clubs. In comparison it seems our club are about as sound as it can be, despite what some posters, like Uncle Fred above, are spurting out.

Lakey is right, no ordinary season indeed, 11 months long, crazy crazy injury list, lockdown, no crowds, but also one of the most disapointing seasons on the pitch, made to feel worse as it came directly after one of the most joyous. But i would go further...its been not just an ordinary decade! As highlighted when i was reading the Pink Un news, City have set a new record for being the only team to be relegated from the Prem in all 3 positions, 18th, 19th and 20th and also Promoted to the Prem in all 3 variations, 1st, 2nd and playoffs..and all this in just 11 seasons...quite a crazy  decade indeed.

So yep...on the pitch a long disapointing season but away from the pitch, due in big measure to last seasons  joy City are as sound as they could likely be and SW has said the lockdown effect has  given the club around a 20 million hole..but with so many  young guys at the club with big price tags on their shoulders one feels that hole can be plugged  quite reasonably well. He also seems to be working his business magic again...getting Sorensen in for around a mill...maybe the Polish guy for a couple mill euro. The effects of Covid will spill into the next season sure,  but NCFC will survive...no ordinary season...no ordinary decade..but NCFC are no ordinary club.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I have watched every minute of every one of our games since the restart. With the exception of a semi heroic effort in the Cup we have been simply dreadful.

Injuries to 2 CBs hasn't helped but that can't be used as an excuse as to why the rest of the players have been so rubbish. We needed one or two to rise to the challenge, they didn't. Klose is an experienced international defender with leadership qualities. Yes he is coming back from injury, but he has been a wet lettuce. 

Something changed over those 3 months the togetherness left and the spirit evaporated. I wonder if the players felt or had been told they wouldn't have to play again this season and mentally tuned out. Zero fight after the restart.

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

There's never been a season where I couldn't go to games. Unwanted records for sure but they have been set in circumstances there have never been before and I hope never happen again. The games since lockdown have been unwatchable for me and not just because most of them are on channels I don't have. All the games have been unwatchable. MOTD too. Football without supporters has no soul.

Trouble is Double N, those in charge of the game and the top clubs who will never ever be relegated or have to put the blanket round the ground do not give an iota or one jot about supporters. And it will get worse the longer it goes on.

Blimey, many of watch illegal streams to see our boys in action and even that isn't stopping the growth in spending, spending that they don't really have.

• Like 1

I have to side with Making Plans on this one, our come back has been shambolic. Every game feels like an FA cup tie where we are the minnows versus the big prem outlet. Let's not act like we weren't at least vaguely competitive before lockdown, with some really good performances still recent (Leicester win, Spurs away cup victory, plenty of other good performances).

The flippant nature of Webber and some fans saying that this is the best we could do is pretty laughable in my opinion.

Why was the lockdown such a hindrance?

We were gifted a massive opportunity to take a break from our season, physically and mentally prepare ourselves in the best possible way, focus on all of the tactical issues which had tripped us up throughout the season etc and come back fighting like never before - and now knowing the other teams' results it is clear that an escape was actually quite achievable.

What was served up against Southampton was nothing short of disgraceful. Performances since have only been slightly less pathetic but it is clear the heart and desire has totally left the team, why?

I don't think there is an excuse, why does it affect us more than other teams? Shouldn't the break have affected teams with nothing to play for like Southampton way more than us? What were they preparing for during all those months, why did they do it so much better than us to the point they were head and shoulders better in every department on that first game back?

There was the line being thrown about on here about the bottom 4 teams only picking up 4 points in total (or something like that) since the return, but with Watford, West Ham, Bournemouth and Villa all winning what is the new excuse? That now guides them to pretty much the same trajectory as pre-lockdown.

I'm tired of the injuries BS, we had 9 first team players out versus Man City and won 3-2, where has that team gone? Injuries to Zimmerman and Hanley do not excuse a complete capitulation of the team. We should've done way better than this.

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Blimey, many of watch illegal streams to see our boys in action and even that isn't stopping the growth in spending, spending that they don't really have.

shame

and shame on those scoundrels who encourage such behaviour

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

At least we have got this predictable thread out of the way nice and early following yet another defeat in the most miserable of seasons with a catalogue of unwanted records in our history set.

At least there’s no crowds to Boo or we’d be getting lectures from Lakey why no one has a right to boo a team with the worst record! Have the owners, Webber and Farke got off very lightly?

What would you like to see changed Til?

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I have to side with Making Plans on this one, our come back has been shambolic. Every game feels like an FA cup tie where we are the minnows versus the big prem outlet. Let's not act like we weren't at least vaguely competitive before lockdown, with some really good performances still recent (Leicester win, Spurs away cup victory, plenty of other good performances).

The flippant nature of Webber and some fans saying that this is the best we could do is pretty laughable in my opinion.

We were gifted a massive opportunity to take a break from our season, physically and mentally prepare ourselves in the best possible way, focus on all of the tactical issues which had tripped us up throughout the season etc and come back fighting like never before - now knowing the other teams' results it is clear that an escape was actually quite achievable.

What was served up against Southampton was nothing short of disgraceful. Performances since have only been slightly less pathetic but it is clear the heart and desire has totally left the team, why?

I don't think there is an excuse, why does it affect us more than other teams? Shouldn't the break have affected teams with nothing to play for like Southampton way more than us? What were they preparing for all those months, why were they head and shoulders better than us in every department on that first game back?

There was the line being thrown about on here about all the bottom 4 teams only picking up 4 points (or something like that) since the return, but with Watford, West Ham, Bournemouth and Villa all winning what is the new excuse? That now guides them to pretty much the same trajectory as pre-lockdown.

I'm tired of the injuries BS, we had 9 first team players out versus Man City and won 3-2, where has that team gone? Injuries to Zimmerman and Hanley do not excuse a complete capitulation of the team. We should've done way better than this.

Well I'm tired of the 'injuries don't matter' BS.

All through the first half of the season we've been playing with one recognised CB, often Godfrey, who looks bereft without some experience alongside him. Unsurprising given this is his first season in the PL.

We'd just at long last got our CBs back - even had a choice in one or two games - & a little bit of confidence was starting to return. Then it's back to square one with a totally threadbare defence - & a ridiculous timetable without multimillion pound players to bring off the bench.

What do you think that did for squad confidence? You think the other players don't realise we've got a rubbish defence? Do you think they're stupid??

Everybody knew this season was going to be a struggle, even with our best defence available. My heart sank when I heard about Zimmermann's injury pre-season. (Actually Onel's injury worried me almost as much; one of the few p-layerwe have with pace & strength).

Injuries, lockdown, ludicrous timetable, VAR .... one way or another any little chance we had was scuppered.

That's not BS, that's been the reality of our season.

Onward & upward ...

28 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

We were gifted a massive opportunity to take a break from our season, physically and mentally prepare ourselves in the best possible way, focus on all of the tactical issues which had tripped us up throughout the season etc and come back fighting like never before - and now knowing the other teams' results it is clear that an escape was actually quite achievable.

I don't think there is an excuse, why does it affect us more than other teams? Shouldn't the break have affected teams with nothing to play for like Southampton way more than us? What were they preparing for during all those months, why did they do it so much better than us to the point they were head and shoulders better in every department on that first game back?

There was the line being thrown about on here about the bottom 4 teams only picking up 4 points in total (or something like that) since the return, but with Watford, West Ham, Bournemouth and Villa all winning what is the new excuse? That now guides them to pretty much the same trajectory as pre-lockdown.

But the thread is called this is no ordinary season. What's extraordinary about injuries, poor form, clubs being promoted and clubs being relegated. You and MP are listing things that happen every season.

25 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What's extraordinary about injuries, poor form, clubs being promoted and clubs being relegated. You and MP are listing things that happen every season.

What's ordinary about a season being stopped half-way through and resuming months later with no crowds, drinks breaks, 9 on the bench and 5 subs?

Has this ever happened before? If not it's extraordinary!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

What's ordinary about a season being stopped half-way through and resuming months later with no crowds, drinks breaks, 9 on the bench and 5 subs?

That was my point👍

44 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Well I'm tired of the 'injuries don't matter' BS.

All through the first half of the season we've been playing with one recognised CB, often Godfrey, who looks bereft without some experience alongside him. Unsurprising given this is his first season in the PL.

We'd just at long last got our CBs back - even had a choice in one or two games - & a little bit of confidence was starting to return. Then it's back to square one with a totally threadbare defence - & a ridiculous timetable without multimillion pound players to bring off the bench.

What do you think that did for squad confidence? You think the other players don't realise we've got a rubbish defence? Do you think they're stupid??

Everybody knew this season was going to be a struggle, even with our best defence available. My heart sank when I heard about Zimmermann's injury pre-season. (Actually Onel's injury worried me almost as much; one of the few p-layerwe have with pace & strength).

Injuries, lockdown, ludicrous timetable, VAR .... one way or another any little chance we had was scuppered.

Onward & upward ...

We kind of created this situation for ourselves in January though.

We actively chose to move on Amadou, Heise and Famewo, leaving us with just 7 first team defenders. Of those 7, Klose had yet to kick a ball all season while Zimmerman, Hanley and Byram had all missed significant game time already. So I don't think the club can really claim bad luck when those players get injured again and leaves us short- it was bad preparation. 

5 minutes ago, Badger said:

Whatever it is it is not the football that I have spent a lifetime following. These final few games since the lockdown have been a sterile experience for me and one that I have no interest in repeating next season. If this is the end of it then I am grateful for what I have had and for all those seasons of anticipation with joy and sorrow mixed in roughly equal measure.

If we can never go back into the grounds then its over for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

We kind of created this situation for ourselves in January though.

We actively chose to move on Amadou, Heise and Famewo, leaving us with just 7 first team defenders. Of those 7, Klose had yet to kick a ball all season while Zimmerman, Hanley and Byram had all missed significant game time already. So I don't think the club can really claim bad luck when those players get injured again and leaves us short- it was bad preparation. 

Amadou was stop gap at best. He had a good game against ManC, but was otherwise hit & miss - the last thing you need for a PL CB.

Heise is not PL standard. Famewo I know nothing about.

Whatever else, there were no experienced players to fall back on.

With hindsight it would have been lovely to have signed a top quality CB last summer. But to have 3 out of 4 CBs unavailable for most of the season is nowhere near normality, for any club.

You can bet those Leeds and Sheff Utd fans coming on here giving it the so called 'biggun' aren't those who have missed out on seeing their successes.

Edited by nutty nigel

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

No I never said the injuries don't matter. I agree, it sucks we've spent the majority of the campaign plagued in defence and it definitely has held us back massively overall. The point is that it doesn't excuse what has been served up specifically since lockdown. We spent the season up to that point at least a competitive team, it is not a stretch to expect that we could continue this kind of form in my opinion.

What do you think that did for squad confidence? You think the other players don't realise we've got a rubbish defence? Do you think they're stupid?

I would expect our players to be a bit stronger mentally than to completely keel over just because 2 of our centre backs are injured? Again, I point to earlier in the season when we didn't fold like a deck of cards even in the face of the worst injury crisis I can remember. Yet now, this is what we should accept just because 2 players are injured? Come on!

As I said, I don't disagree, we've faced some really bad luck along the way and I completely shared these sentiments up to lockdown. But now I am more concerned about what has gone so badly wrong in the past 4-5 months. We are a shadow of the team we were and I'm worried this will spill over into our championship efforts.

Onward & upward …

You clearly believe the lockdown was a massive hindrance to us, I disagree and can think of as many pros as cons to be honest (in my opinion it was a huge opportunity). Whether that is right or wrong, one thing I'm sure of is that it does not excuse our absolutely pitiful return to football.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

But the thread is called this is no ordinary season. What's extraordinary about injuries, poor form, clubs being promoted and clubs being relegated. You and MP are listing things that happen every season.

Sorry, I don't know what you're trying to say?

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, it's been horrible the last few weeks, but just looking at our home form before the break, we had only lost to one team since December 28th - and that was Liverpool and that was a creditable performance too. A not too bad 8 points out of 15.

2-2 v Spurs a match that VAR robbed us

1-1 v Palace

1-0 v Bnmth

0-1 v Liverpool

1-0 v Leicester

We even had some good away performances in that time, narrowly losing to Spurs and Sheff Utd and how we didn't beat Newcastle away is a bit of a mystery - we dominated them for nearly the whole match. The 0-4 and 0-3 away at ManUtd and Wolves were not good, but we responded to those defeats reasonably well and yes, we were bottom, but there were signs we were still in the fight.

The break has done for us, pure and simple. That and the injuries to CB's.  Yes, hands up, we were not good enough, but I do feel this season has to be written off without too many re-criminations. It's been like a fast moving horror film, seeing us play every two or three days and knowing we have lost whatever edge we might have had in the run up to the break and not had the fit players to bring in to bolster the defence.

The one bright spot was the fa cup game, but even that turned into a bit of a horror story after Klose was sent off, with extra time having a certain sense of inevitability about it (well it did to me anyway).

Sad, depressing even, but in football there is always another match, always another season, always a new challenge. Perhaps the next match will give us a bit of joy, who knows, or the last match of the season, or we may have to wait for next season.....but for sure, this has been no ordinary season.

OTBC

That will be 250 Guineas for that 30 minute session Mr Canary . Please make another appointment with my secretary as you leave. I’ll bid you good day. 

Yours Sincerely 

A Psychiatrist.  

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, it's been horrible the last few weeks, but just looking at our home form before the break, we had only lost to one team since December 28th - and that was Liverpool and that was a creditable performance too. A not too bad 8 points out of 15.

2-2 v Spurs a match that VAR robbed us

1-1 v Palace

1-0 v Bnmth

0-1 v Liverpool

1-0 v Leicester

We even had some good away performances in that time, narrowly losing to Spurs and Sheff Utd and how we didn't beat Newcastle away is a bit of a mystery - we dominated them for nearly the whole match. The 0-4 and 0-3 away at ManUtd and Wolves were not good, but we responded to those defeats reasonably well and yes, we were bottom, but there were signs we were still in the fight.

The break has done for us, pure and simple. That and the injuries to CB's.  Yes, hands up, we were not good enough, but I do feel this season has to be written off without too many re-criminations. It's been like a fast moving horror film, seeing us play every two or three days and knowing we have lost whatever edge we might have had in the run up to the break and not had the fit players to bring in to bolster the defence.

The one bright spot was the fa cup game, but even that turned into a bit of a horror story after Klose was sent off, with extra time having a certain sense of inevitability about it (well it did to me anyway).

Sad, depressing even, but in football there is always another match, always another season, always a new challenge. Perhaps the next match will give us a bit of joy, who knows, or the last match of the season, or we may have to wait for next season.....but for sure, this has been no ordinary season.

OTBC

We could be on course to break a few records this season...

1/ Fewest Goals Scored : 28 (PL 2013/2014)

- we are on 26 goals scored

2/ Fewest wins in a season : 7 (Division One / Premiership, 1973-74, 1978-79, 2004-05)

- we are presently on 5 wins

3/ Most losses in a League Season : 24 (Division Two / Championship, 1938-39, 2008-09)

• we are presently on 25 (achieved!)

4/ Fewest League Points :

2 points for a win : 28 Division Three (South) 1930-31, 1946 - 1947

3 points for a win : 33 Premier League 2004-05, 2013-14

- we are presently on 21 points (with 2 games left; so the maximum we can get is 27 points ... so achieved! Two records broken in one category!!)

5 Most consecutive games lost in a row : 8 and counting! (2020... we could get to 10! - achieved)

A truly record breaking season... and one Lakey, the manager and the club are proud of. To quote Stuart Webber, “we have achieved our best league position since he has been here”.... what a success! (There are only 20 teams in this league 😂)

20 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

No I never said the injuries don't matter. I agree, it sucks we've spent the majority of the campaign plagued in defence and it definitely has held us back massively overall. The point is that it doesn't excuse what has been served up specifically since lockdown. We spent the season up to that point at least a competitive team, it is not a stretch to expect that we could continue this kind of form in my opinion.

I would expect our players to be a bit stronger mentally than to completely keel over just because 2 of our centre backs are injured? Again, I point to earlier in the season when we didn't fold like a deck of cards even in the face of the worst injury crisis I can remember. Yet now, this is what we should accept just because 2 players are injured? Come on!

As I said, I don't disagree, we've faced some really bad luck along the way and I completely shared these sentiments up to lockdown. But now I am more concerned about what has gone so badly wrong in the past 4-5 months. We are a shadow of the team we were and I'm worried this will spill over into our championship efforts.

You clearly believe the lockdown was a massive hindrance to us, I disagree and can think of as many pros as cons to be honest (in my opinion it was a huge opportunity). Whether that is right or wrong, one thing I'm sure of is that it does not excuse our absolutely pitiful return to football.

You can get kicked in the teeth for only so long before you give up. Have you never seen teams throw in the towel? Where do you think the expression comes from? When you've been punched to the floor enough times you can't get up again.

You expect our players to go into games, knowing we're going to concede, knowing we're going to be physically dominated all over the pitch, knowing whatever tiny chance we had of avoiding relegation has just disappeared, & not expect it affect their confidence. That's totally unrealistic.

FFS, ManC were being excused defeat against us because they were missing ONE first choice CB!!!

And do you really believe lockdown affected all teams equally? That there is now no home advantage - the only games where we stood a decent chance - doesn't matter? That being able to bring on subs., many more than usual, of huge values didn't give richer teams even more of an advantage? That being able to rotate a squad with those sort of players when you're playing every 3 days makes no difference???? Balderdash!!!!!!!!

And what exactly were the pros???

Edited by ron obvious

30 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Sorry, I don't know what you're trying to say?

Well I did my best🙃

MP said "Forget about the virus, the subs, the crowds etc etc, all our problems were nothing to do with outside influences, they were all in our own control."

I don't see how you can forget about the very thing that made this no ordinary season.

39 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

You can get kicked in the teeth for only so long before you give up. Have you never seen teams throw in the towel? Where do you think the expression comes from? When you've been punched to the floor enough times you can't get up again.

You make it sound like we were already relegated before lockdown. But we were only 2 wins from the mix and had a chance of survival, we hadn't been battered in every single game up to that point - we had been competitive - why was the only expected route for us to throw the towel in?

You expect our players to go into games, knowing we're going to concede, knowing we're going to be physically dominated all over the pitch, knowing whatever tiny chance we had of avoiding relegation has just disappeared, & not expect it affect their confidence. That's totally unrealistic.

Christ, I'm glad you're not our manager Ron! I didn't realise our players were this pathetically poor mentally and physically!

I don't see us meeting in the middle here but I will try boil it down. Do you think we have played the 100% the best we could possibly play since coming back from lockdown (even in the context of everything that is against us)?

I think up to lockdown this was probably true, we saw Farke getting the most out of our players, given the injury circumstances at hand, and we saw a competitive team with played well in some games, in periods in other games, and less well in other games.

Since lockdown, I think our team could've performed better than it has done, much better.

FFS, ManC were being excused defeat against us because they were missing ONE first choice CB!!!

What's that got to do with anything, that argument has no merit in my point.

My point is

• Pre-lockdown - Lots of injuries all across the team throughout the season - Yet still we were a competitive side (not being battered week in week out with confidence at breaking point like you appear to be suggesting)
  • Post-lockdown - Lots of injuries solely in defence - Can't attack, can't defend, look a shell of our former selves, show little to no fight or passion which we saw in droves earlier in the season.

And do you really believe lockdown affected all teams equally? That there is now no home advantage - the only games where we stood a decent chance - doesn't matter? That being able to bring on subs., many more than usual, of huge values didn't give richer teams even more of an advantage? That being able to rotate a squad with those sort of players when you're playing every 3 days makes no difference???? Balderdash!!!!!!!!

I didn't say it affected all teams equally. I take the point about the extra substitutions and home crowd to a small extent. But think they pale in comparison when you look at the fundamentals of just how badly we have been competing;

• Home crowd - How much would a full Carrow Road have helped us against Southampton, where we got played off the park from 5 minutes in, and didn't look remotely up for a fight either physically or mentally? Would the home crowd have given our players superior physicality? Would they have been up for the game if the crowd were there? I'd argue it is equally likely that the crowd would've turned on the players in the So'ton game and the whole thing would've ended in an even worse disaster! Likewise for every single **** poor turn out since then too.
  • The only game a home crowd may have made a difference is the Man United FA cup game, where we actually looked competitive and could've got some momentum to spur us on from the fans.
  • Extra substitutions - which game has any team benefitted from having extra subs versus us? For the most part the games have been over by half-time, so why is this a reason to excuse our performances? If there were some tight games which were 0-0, 1-1 etc and a couple of late subs from the opposition changed the tide then I'd say fair enough. This excuse is just nonsense frankly!

And what exactly were the pros???

What are the pros of having a 4 month break before the crunch period of the season for a team fighting for survival?

Well its a very long break, so we were gifted time in a very unique way and we could've used it to think about;

• Tactics - working out flaws in our game which have cost, and how we can rectify those flaws
  • Physical preparation - make sure the players are being trained as well as they can be physically, to give ourselves an edge over other teams who could be less prepared on our return. Particularly those teams who have nothing to play for..
  • Mental preparation - work with the players to ensure they are more up for the fight than ever, again particular over those teams who don't have anything to play for for the remainder of the season.

It appears we failed to take advantage of this opportunity in every measure. We have looked worse tactically, physically and mentally since returning and I really have to wonder what we've been doing these past months!

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well I did my best🙃

MP said "Forget about the virus, the subs, the crowds etc etc, all our problems were nothing to do with outside influences, they were all in our own control."

I don't see how you can forget about the very thing that made this no ordinary season.

Apologies I had missed that, I don't agree that we should forget about all of the external factors. The injuries 100% hindered us massively as I've said to Ron, my points have been solely focused on the post-lockdown performances.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Well I did my best🙃

You just don't get it, do you?

The point was that all Clubs had to deal with the virus, the subs and no crowds so compared to everybody else we were not at a disadvantage from those influences other than how individual Clubs dealt and coped with those issues.

In other words, the effects of the virus was the only thing that made this a "no orinary season" because it was the one common denominator that affected all Clubs.

Take that out of the equation and you are left with all the ordinary aspects of football such as planning, preparation, fitness, coaching, desire, fight etc etc.

Unfortunately we fell short in all those areas and that is why we have played 8 games and lost them all.

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Apologies I had missed that, I don't agree that we should forget about all of the external factors. The injuries 100% hindered us massively as I've said to Ron, my points have been solely focused on the post-lockdown performances.

No worries buddy. I haven't been able to engage at all with the post lockdown games. (Not just ours). Your points are probably fair for those who have.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

You just don't get it, do you?

The point was that all Clubs had to deal with the virus, the subs and no crowds so compared to everybody else we were not at a disadvantage from those influences other than how individual Clubs dealt and coped with those issues.

In other words, the effects of the virus was the only thing that made this a "no orinary season" because it was the one common denominator that affected all Clubs.

Take that out of the equation and you are left with all the ordinary aspects of football such as planning, preparation, fitness, coaching, desire, fight etc etc.

Unfortunately we fell short in all those areas and that is why we have played 8 games and lost them all.

No I don't get it. I support Norwich City and believe I make a difference. I haven't been able to support Norwich City so believe I haven't been able to make a difference. I can't take that out of the equation.

However, if you take those things out of the equation then what makes this no ordinary season?

Unless I'm misunderstanding you and you are saying this is and ordinary season. That's entirely possible...

Edited by nutty nigel