Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

If we'd signed Pukki in January

Then we'd all be calling him terrible.

Today he did a Van Wolfswinkel and passed to no mans land in a great attacking position.

Food for thought when it comes to writing Rupp off, who only joined in January.

pukki has earned the right to be forgiven for a scoring drought somewhat. Rupp and Drmic have contributed absolutely nothing to our club, should be given away to the first mugs who will take them off us, complete liabilities for 2 who are supposedly the highest earners as well.

• Like 1

I think you may have missed the point somewhat Tetteys Jig. My point is essentially that it may be a little too soon to write Rupp off completely. Can you remember Vrancic's first 6 months? 

Also, I never mentioned Drmic who wasn't signed in January and has had a full pre-season + a full season to get up to speed and failed. That is different. I'd then have to compare his full season with Pukki's wouldn't I? 

Is that highest earners claim based on a computer game which told us Cherno Samba was going to be the best striker in the world by any chance?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think you may have missed the point somewhat Tetteys Jig. My point is essentially that it may be a little too soon to write Rupp off completely. Can you remember Vrancic's first 6 months? 

Also, I never mentioned Drmic who wasn't signed in January and has had a full pre-season + a full season to get up to speed and failed. That is different. I'd then have to compare his full season with Pukki's wouldn't I? 

Is that highest earners claim based on a computer game which told us Cherno Samba was going to be the best striker in the world by any chance?

I agree that it's too early to write off Rupp - his poor first touch gets him in trouble, but once he sorts that and is more on the same wavelength he could well be a valuable player for us. I also think Drmic still might come good actually - some of his footwork is quick and he will get more time in the Championship (if he stays). Everyone is also being hard on Klose - hasn't played for a year then expected to come back in and immediately be a competent CB against some of the best strikers in the world.

We have many players who are championship level. Unfortunately that has been proven this year. You have to add players that make you stronger. In fact we have done the opposite. 
Some players need time to settle. Fingers crossed those players will flourish next year. 
just trying to be positive 👍

Rupp is also struggling as Farke keeps insisting on playing him far too high up the pitch where his poor first touch and wayward passing is exposed even more.

How can you criticise Cherno Samba? He won 5 league titles, 2 European cups and the world cup. He's a true Norwich and England legend. 

Sometimes people on here go way too far...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I Tend to agree that Rupp should be given more time. I also think he should be given a go in central midfield to just break things up a la Tettey.

But I’m a bit concerned people say he’ll be better when he improves his first touch......he’s a premier league footballer being paid thousands a week. If he has a poor first touch now he always will and that’s the point which makes me question if he is worth persevering with.

8 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

It also told us Max Aarons and Todd Cantwell were going to be pretty good 😉

To be honest the Drmic highest earner think both would and wouldn't shock me. He is an international striker who we didn't pay a fee for so could command a decent wage but I can't imagine we gave him significantly more money than Pukki. 

32 minutes ago, Wymondham Canaries said:

We have many players who are championship level. Unfortunately that has been proven this year. You have to add players that make you stronger. In fact we have done the opposite. 
Some players need time to settle. Fingers crossed those players will flourish next year. 
just trying to be positive 👍

We are where we are. There are big question marks about a few of our players; Klose, Rupp, Drmic, probably Pukki on recent form, and possibly even Idah as he simply isn't getting gametime to get up to speed fast enough for the start of next season. Add to that the players who might leave and suddenly the squad looks iffy. Reinforcements desperately needed.