Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Timm Klose

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Injury ruined him, never recovered.

Why we never signed any centrebacks I just don't know

Tough to sign new defenders when we had Godfrey, Zimmerman, Klose and Hanley on the books in the summer ... especially when we were never going to spend any real money this soon in the project.

• Like 1

Shouldn’t be playing, either not fit or not upto it anymore or possibly both. Maybe we couldn’t help all the injuries but letting Amadou walk in Jan was a ridiculous decision.

Got to feel for the guy who had barely played for 18 months and is then thrown into a punishing schedule. He was never the strongest of players but not being able to train consistently has certainly made him weaker. 

• Like 3

Can’t bring myself to have a go at him while he’s been rushed back from injury into a gruelling schedule. Let’s be honest here, if there were any other options he would not be playing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DraytonBoy said:

Thought Cantwell should have tried harder to close down the cross though.

And not shown him inside on to his right foot....

I think Cantwell should have done more to stop the cross coming in but klose looked flat footed and out worked.

Tbh we have looked like that all season and in particular since the restart.

Klose is not the player he once was, but he is the elder statesman in our young defensive line that again is struggling today. I would say Aaron's looks very disinterested.

Our defensive group as a whole cannot be switched around with the injuries we have. Just wish we closed down like every other club.

As mentioned the fitness and commitment to get the ball back is always better than ours.

Certainly one key learning point to take to next season.

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

To be fair to the guy he’s playing a lot of games in a short space of time, when possibly not even fully fit. 

This. Still building his strength back up when called upon to play so many games. Fit, but not fully up to strength.  Deserves a little leeway imo. He isn't rubbish, he's just filling the role as best he can within his fitness level.

• Like 1

Got to be honest I wonder if Timm was one of the ones Webber alluded to 'moving along to freshen things up' and until corona I doubt he thought he'd play for us again.

Doing what he can do.

Once this decrepid season is over, given a few weeks away from this crazy nonsensical month of  squashed together games and Timm could yet be useful for next season, Sure he looks a shadow of his forner self, but under normal times he would have been given longer to get  back fully  fit im sure. He wears yellow and green, is out there when really he should'nt be and how many others more fit than him have covered themselves in glory?

It aint pretty to watch but im not going to lambast the guy. Nearly to the end of this wretched  11 month season, im sure Man. City are eager to get us on the turf,  never have i wanted  a season to finish so badly.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Got to be honest I wonder if Timm was one of the ones Webber alluded to 'moving along to freshen things up' and until corona I doubt he thought he'd play for us again.

Doing what he can do.

who on earth is gonna want him? We are best to have him stay as back up next season. The ability may be fast on the way but he is a very capable defender mentally and could teach the kids a thing or 2. Never know with a good preseason behind him, he could have some miles left in the tank yet.

You must remember our defence trains week in, week out against our strike force, it's no surprise that they are flat footed.

I have sympathy for him as he was launched back in at the deep end in a struggling team. But he looks off the pace, nervous, weaker than he was and he's been directly involved in some costly concessions. From the evidence since this restart, he should be no more than backup next year if he's still on board. He came here for big bucks in the famous window but always seems liable to pick up an injury. I like Timm but the future, he is not. We'll always have that equalizer! 💥😁

1 hour ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Tough to sign new defenders when we had Godfrey, Zimmerman, Klose and Hanley on the books in the summer ... especially when we were never going to spend any real money this soon in the project.

No not in my opinion. We may have had that 4 on the books but they certainly were not on the pitch. Klose had a season long injury and the coaching team wanted to loan out Hanley.

With the money we were expecting we should have gone out for another decent CB.

He's done. 

Yes he won't be 100% fit, but with his injury record I doubt he ever will again.

He should go and squeeze out a season in Switzerland or something, playing above his level now.

Same thing happened to Michael Turner.

4 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

His best days are behind him 

Sadly, just like Giroud!   

Unfortunately, there is little evidence that his experience is being used to help our young defenders either, there is no leading by example or passion to direct and cajole everyone around, which you would expect, especially for a centre-half. 

Edited by ged in the onion bag

Well it obviously didn’t help our defense that we lost Zimmerman, Hanley and Byram during the suspension. Klose is paying the price for that to some extent. It’s clear he’s not up to speed, but I also wonder if he won’t move on this Summer. 

Timm really doesn't want to be playing Premier League football. He knows, more than anyone, that he will struggle against top strikers. Not because he is a bad player, but because he is in a weak defensive team who will be under pressure, he hasn't played PL since 2016, he hasn't had a chance to play himself back into form, and he lacks a match-honed edge. And yes, it's all a bit of a nightmare for him at the moment. But he a committed professional, and he will go out and give it his best. 

So we should be applauding him for taking one for the team, not criticising him for struggling 🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Sadly, just like Giroud!   

Unfortunately, there is little evidence that his experience is being used to help our young defenders either, there is no leading by example or passion to direct and cajole everyone around, which you would expect, especially for a centre-half. 

It’s a sad decline, I thought he would come back good, but he has lost the ability to jump and has absolutely no pace 

He’s also lost his ball playing ability it seems which is one of the reasons we all liked him to begin with. Since the restart some of his loose passes have resulted in us giving away a free kick in dangerous area and then conceded off that set piece. Presumably he’s told by Farke not to kick it long but it puts us under more pressure.