cambridgeshire canary

Seems we are about to buy ourselves a Polish speed demon...

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

Indeed, my surname translated to English is freedom!

Svoboda? Just from memory. I haven't googled.

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

Svoboda? Just from memory. I haven't googled.

Well done young man, it is indeed.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

oh dear, you tried to twist my post and it failed so you now resort to abuse

for others, here are my exact words

"we've even now got a Luxembourger

how long before an Andorran, Gibraltarian or a Channel Islander ?"

which I fail to see is in any way derogatory

and this thread has been similarly spoiled as others by your obnoxious behaviour towards me... with the obvious intent

Loosen up Bill

Just now, Indy said:

Well done young man, it is indeed.

Thanks. Not sure why I knew that because I have none of the Slavic languages, but I do know that 'cherno' or variants means 'black', as in Cherno More.

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Thanks. Not sure why I knew that because I have none of the Slavic languages, but I do know that 'cherno' or variants means 'black', as in Cherno More.

I still have my Czech language, unfortunately not as fluent as it used to be, but once I down a few beers with my cousins when in Prague I get a little more fluent! 

Edited by Indy
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Don't suppose there's any chance we might get a centre half or two?

No. Just as AN became fixated with signing No. tens, when we already had Wes, Webber and Farke are only going to sign pacy wingers this transfer window. After all Football is all about scoring more goals than your opposition.

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Lody 

Ta, had a trip to Poland about 27 years ago, it’s the only word I can vaguely remember. Pretty sure I had  horse meat stew too 😁

Edited by FenwayFrank

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Is ice cream in Polish lodi?

nearly, it's loli

27 minutes ago, Bill said:

oh dear, you tried to twist my post and it failed so you now resort to abuse

for others, here are my exact words

"we've even now got a Luxembourger

how long before an Andorran, Gibraltarian or a Channel Islander ?"

which I fail to see is in any way derogatory

and this thread has been similarly spoiled as others by your obnoxious behaviour towards me... with the obvious intent

You reap what you sow, eh.

9 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Ta, had a trip to Poland about 27 years ago, it’s the only word I can vaguely remember. Pretty sure I had  horse meat stew too 😁

I went for a burger when I was there.... One bite in realised it wasn't beef.... was halfway through when I realised it was wild boar. Relieved it wasn't horse or anything less appetising.

Just now, kick it off said:

I went for a burger when I was there.... One bite in realised it wasn't beef.... was halfway through when I realised it was wild boar. Relieved it wasn't horse or anything less appetising.

I’m just gonna put this out there, but there is very little in this world tastier than raw horse sashimi. 

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

Or was it? They tell you it’s wild boar but in reality!😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

You reap what you sow, eh.

blimey, lift up the stone and out they all crawl

Just now, Bill said:

blimey, lift up the stone and out they all crawl

It's not you, Bill, it's the rest of the world. Absolute bunch of lowlifes, aren't they? 😄

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

It's not you, Bill, it's the rest of the world. Absolute bunch of lowlifes, aren't they? 😄

Unfortunately Bill takes things on here far too seriously, he’s not a bad poster, but does tend to get into battles too much. We really should just all understand our differences and accept each other’s opinions, after all it’s just a forum with one common thread NCFC.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I’m just gonna put this out there, but there is very little in this world tastier than raw horse sashimi. 

Was it a mane course? 

Edited by Fuzzar
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I never get this anti horse eating thing! If you’re happy enough to eat pig, cow then what makes horse such a no no? Come on I mean the same people probably eat cockles, muscles and crabs! 🤮

11 minutes ago, Indy said:

Or was it? They tell you it’s wild boar but in reality!😉

True. The stall next door did have wild boar skins for sale though so 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

Unfortunately Bill takes things on here far too seriously, he’s not a bad poster, but does tend to get into battles too much. We really should just all understand our differences and accept each other’s opinions, after all it’s just a forum with one common thread NCFC.

Oh yeah, I know. I actually agree with most of what he says about football and politics, but his disdain for the rest of humanity would actually be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

I believe that all humans are capable of change; I've been reading about neuroplasticity recently, it's fascinating stuff.

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

I never get this anti horse eating thing! If you’re happy enough to eat pig, cow then what makes horse such a no no? Come on I mean the same people probably eat cockles, muscles and crabs! 🤮

I had a rare horse burger in Barcelona once, and it was bloody sensational.

Well, bloody and sensational.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Oh yeah, I know. I actually agree with most of what he says about football and politics, but his disdain for the rest of humanity would actually be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

I believe that all humans are capable of change; I've been reading about neuroplasticity recently, it's fascinating stuff.

👍💚💛

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

Just conditioning I guess. I like the taste of Haggis but I wouldn't choose to order it as I don't like the idea of it, even though I know it tastes good.

When I lived in Turkey, they have a street food called Kokorec - Its basically a doner kebab made from offal - It's meant to be the most incredible taste, but I could never  find any motivation to try it.

Did eat a scorpion in Thailand - it was actually pretty inoffensive except the seasoning they put on it which was vile. When the legs hit the chin though, it's a bit grim.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

It will be good to see someone Polish pledge his future to us.

looks like he'll be one who'll shine

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

oh dear, you don't quite understand what is happening here

but well done, I'm sure you mean well 🥰

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

Just conditioning I guess. I like the taste of Haggis but I wouldn't choose to order it as I don't like the idea of it, even though I know it tastes good.

When I lived in Turkey, they have a street food called Kokorec - Its basically a doner kebab made from offal - It's meant to be the most incredible taste, but I could never  find any motivation to try it.

Did eat a scorpion in Thailand - it was actually pretty inoffensive except the seasoning they put on it which was vile. When the legs hit the chin though, it's a bit grim.

Indeed, when I travel I make a point of trying the local delicacies, not to say I go back for seconds! 

'A short of Mishter Sheen'

as Sheen Connery would have