cambridgeshire canary

Seems we are about to buy ourselves a Polish speed demon...

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Indeed, when I travel I make a point of trying the local delicacies, not to say I go back for seconds! 

I will pay for your meal myself if you're willing to give Kiviak or Balut a go 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

oh dear, you don't quite understand what is happening here

but well done, I'm sure you mean well 🥰

Enlighten me then, Bill. What's the deal? Is this whole 'I hate everybody' thing just a show, and you're actually a really friendly, cuddly pillar of society off the board?

Believe me, I'm trying to understand.

Just now, Bill said:

'A short of Mishter Sheen'

as Sheen Connery would have

You really need to dust up on your jokes.

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

oh dear, you don't quite understand what is happening here

but well done, I'm sure you mean well 🥰

Enlighten me then, Bill. What's the deal? Is this whole 'I hate everybody' thing just a show, and you're actually a really friendly, cuddly pillar of society off the board?

Believe me, I'm trying to understand.

• Haha 1

Just now, kick it off said:

Hopefully not the Charlie sort!

I'd hope not, drug testing is rife in professional football these days.

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Indeed, when I travel I make a point of trying the local delicacies, not to say I go back for seconds! 

Although I will say, Crocodile is a beautiful meat - Ate it almost daily in Thailand. It's like a meaty prawn 👌

Hopefully not the Charlie sort!

Surely you are taking the Michael ?

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

I will pay for your meal myself if you're willing to give Kiviak or Balut a go 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Fair point! I should say almost any!

• Haha 1

Although I will say, Crocodile is a beautiful meat - Ate it almost daily in Thailand. It's like a meaty prawn 👌

Agreed! It's delicious. Tried tripe and beans in Porto, which was disgusting... but the worst thing I've ever eaten, by far, is hakarl (fermented shark) in Iceland. No words.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Yes with you, tried it along with ostrich, not so keen on ostrich meat.

The worst I’ve ever had is Lutefisk in Norway, the daft thing was my mate in Stavanger ordered it for me and had a steak himself, he said I’m not eating that ****e! 😂

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Agreed! It's delicious. Tried tripe and beans in Porto, which was disgusting... but the worst thing I've ever eaten, by far, is hakarl (fermented shark) in Iceland. No words.

An ex housemate of mine was Danish and returned from his homeland with a bag of salted liquorice.... WTF?!?! 

4 minutes ago, kick it off said:

An ex housemate of mine was Danish and returned from his homeland with a bag of salted liquorice.... WTF?!?! 

No salted liquorice is the best.......in Sweden we had peppered salted liquorice sweets while skiing, by got they were like fishermen friends on steroids!

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

He’s got the Onel hair style of earlier this season - perhaps it’s a winger thing?!

Makes him more aerodynamic maybe? 😂

2 hours ago, kick it off said:

some Dutch people we met gave us these liquorices called doublesalt... they were absolutely rancid!

I've had guinea pig in Peru, bamboo maggots and cicadas in Thailand, monitor lizard and a frog the size of a small chicken in Cambodia. The best though was foal with truffles on my 40th in Slovenia. Thank you little Dobbin.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

I've had guinea pig in Peru, bamboo maggots and cicadas in Thailand, monitor lizard and a frog the size of a small chicken in Cambodia. The best though was foal with truffles on my 40th in Slovenia. Thank you little Dobbin.

Little Dobbin can be delicious. Strangely  in Belgium,older horses are said to be more tender. Not so very different from Venison. Cow foot stew is popular in West Africa, tried it so as not to offend my host, it was o.k. but nothing to write home about. Pigs trotter ,i'd avoid unless I knew it was a free range beast as a lifetime stood marinating in its own shoite in a pig factory really cant add much to the flavour.(except essence of shoite). By far the most vile thing ive eaten was again in west Africa, basically boiled spiced lower Intestine....even the sauce was foul tasting, several hous of cooking did not tenderise the tubes at all.....it just infused tbe sauce with shoite flavour.

38 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Little Dobbin can be delicious. Strangely  in Belgium,older horses are said to be more tender. Not so very different from Venison. Cow foot stew is popular in West Africa, tried it so as not to offend my host, it was o.k. but nothing to write home about. Pigs trotter ,i'd avoid unless I knew it was a free range beast as a lifetime stood marinating in its own shoite in a pig factory really cant add much to the flavour.(except essence of shoite). By far the most vile thing ive eaten was again in west Africa, basically boiled spiced lower Intestine....even the sauce was foul tasting, several hous of cooking did not tenderise the tubes at all.....it just infused tbe sauce with shoite flavour.

In Gt Yarmouth they call it chittlens. Absolutely disgusting. 

Only on the Pink un forum could the signing of a Polish winger turn into a discussion about eating the urinary system of a cow😀

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Only on the Pink un forum could the signing of a Polish winger turn into a discussion about eating the urinary system of a cow😀

You'd surely have to be bladdered to eat that.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, kick it off said:

I went for a burger when I was there.... One bite in realised it wasn't beef.... was halfway through when I realised it was wild boar. Relieved it wasn't horse or anything less appetising.

Please gawd let there be some actual news on this transfer today...🤢

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The chlorinated chittlens are apparently a bit chewy but clean your teeth at the same time.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

I went through a phase of eating interesting things and developed a taste for pigs trotters. When they are done well they are glorious, but done badly they are just a greasy, gelatinous mess. During that time one of the nicest things I had was actually battered, fried slices ofcalf brain, which was really tasty. Though I show doubt we'll see that on the menu again anytime soon...

2 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

I went through a phase of eating interesting things and developed a taste for pigs trotters. When they are done well they are glorious, but done badly they are just a greasy, gelatinous mess. During that time one of the nicest things I had was actually battered, fried slices ofcalf brain, which was really tasty. Though I show doubt we'll see that on the menu again anytime soon...

Pigs trotters were a treat for us when I was a kid, nice bit of crackling on there with lots of salt rubbed in 👍

Edited by Van wink

15 hours ago, Bill said:

as long as he is up to it that's all that counts

and for those so minded that's one off the list so to speak

we've even now got a Luxembourger

how long before an Andorran, Gibraltarian or a Channel Islander ?

ps no Austrian or Greek so far

Theoklitoris must be the closest we've got to having a Greek player! 

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I ate kangaroo once- very tough meat, didn't enjoy it.

Ostrich and crocodile aren't bad. 

I've had all 3 too, and enjoyed them all. Had trotters a few times too. And lamb's heart. 

I once went to an insect pick'n'mix in Thailand, like a kid with the plastic bag selecting delicacies. I tried loads of them. All salt and crunch, not for me. And I'd eat the spots off a leopard's ****, so that's saying something

24 minutes ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

Savvas Mourgos is Greek. He never actually played for the club, but he was a Greek Norwich City player. 

31 minutes ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

No wonder Otsemobor struggled to find him.... 

22 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Savvas Mourgos is Greek. He never actually played for the club, but he was a Greek Norwich City player. 

Good grief - when was he at the club?