Sign in to follow this  
Bill

FA approved official Chelsea thread

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

As has been said elsewhere, some players take a while to get used to our system... there's every chance that he'll be okay in the Championship.

Yes but to sacifice an Emi or a Cantwell in the Championship there would be uproar. He's ok to bring on when you are defending a lead, otherwise he offers nothing.

Just now, sonyc said:

Not seen Rupp have one pass made?

And Adam Idah has done more on 5 minutes than Drmic all game. Movement, strength, commitment.

Have to agree, although I stuck up for Drmic for only being a bit less **** than Pukki the past few games, Idah easily looks the livelier of the three strikers. Not sure why he hasn’t been given a start.  

1 minute ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

I really hope you're right, but I just don't see anything in him to suggest he's anywhere near good enough for the Championship 

I just remember spending two or three months saying how utterly hopeless Vrancic was when we first signed him, and why the hell Farke insisted upon starting him when he wasn't up to speed.

With a bit more time to bed in and an easier division to play in, I'm confident he'll be a useful squad player next season. Give the lad the benefit of the doubt in the current scenario, because the entire team is utterly bereft.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

I just remember spending two or three months saying how utterly hopeless Vrancic was when we first signed him, and why the hell Farke insisted upon starting him when he wasn't up to speed.

With a bit more time to bed in and an easier division to play in, I'm confident he'll be a useful squad player next season. Give the lad the benefit of the doubt in the current scenario, because the entire team is utterly bereft.

Definitely could do a job warming a bench 

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yes but to sacifice an Emi or a Cantwell in the Championship there would be uproar. He's ok to bring on when you are defending a lead, otherwise he offers nothing.

He can cover a variety of different roles. He'll be a useful squad player, but I don't see him being a regular starter.

33 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Godfrey has been good so far this game...

Disagree unfortunately. Misjudges flights of balls and doesn’t seem to know where Giroud is. 

• Like 1

Rupp deserves no defence. Every attack that goes though him immediately breaks down. Gives the ball away when we’re going forwards, loses it when we’re trying to hold it up. No positives whatsoever in his performance today.

• Like 2

Yet another game using subs too late. 

Rupp and Drmic given another opportunity to prove to us they have some skills. Sadly they don't and they should have been removed after 45.

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I hope this is true but it seems rather more hopeful with Rupp than it would’ve been with Vrancic. Vrancic showed at least a few glimpses on arrival - not sure I’ve seen any from Rupp? He did hit a half volley v Man United in the cup pretty well but it got blocked unfortunately... I’m all out..

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

4 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rupp's Off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought we’d scored ffs

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Rupp deserves no defence. Every attack that goes though him immediately breaks down. Gives the ball away when we’re going forwards, loses it when we’re trying to hold it up. No positives whatsoever in his performance today.

Yes, yes, and yes. 

Really want to see Idah and Martin getting game time now.

Glad if Drmic or Rupp don't play again (this season or next frankly). Just want to see the youngsters in their  positions.

Edited by sonyc

The scoreline doesn't matter but a bit of resilience shown. We are dour watch though. 

Massive improvement needed if we are to get promotion next season.

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I hope this is true but it seems rather more hopeful with Rupp than it would’ve been with Vrancic. Vrancic showed at least a few glimpses on arrival - not sure I’ve seen any from Rupp? He did hit a half volley v Man United in the cup pretty well but it got blocked unfortunately... I’m all out..

Only time will tell. I reckon he'll be fine as a squad player once he's bedded in.

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

0 shots all match.

Discuss 

There was talk of this team threatening the binners record for heaviest defeat. I’ll take this. 

Farke set up for 0-0 and still couldn’t do it! Interested to know why our two strikers are back defending an attack in our box when we are chasing a game!

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Then we can discount anything you say as if you'd watched vrancic when he first arrived you'd have seen he's slow but oozes quality in the pass. 

It's not hard, you just watch. Seems a lot on here don't really watch the game they bang on about.