Sign in to follow this  
Bill

FA approved official Chelsea thread

1 minute ago, Jerrykerry said:

Then we can discount anything you say as if you'd watched vrancic when he first arrived you'd have seen he's slow but oozes quality in the pass. 

It's not hard, you just watch. Seems a lot on here don't really watch the game they bang on about. 

Many thanks for your insightful analysis. I'll try to remember that watching is the key aspect to, er, watching football.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

0 shots all match.

Discuss 

You can add to that. No tackles won, barely a header won and I do not recall any of our players making one decent pass throughout the match. However you can talk in terms of fifty re the number of passes which went to the opposition. Overall well out of our depth but thankfully Chelsea did not bother too much.

If there’d been a few more boring games, we might have stayed up. Don’t mind tonight. A one of mistake against better individuals cost us, but overall we weren’t too bad. Had we been that organised against weaker sides we might have got a few more points....

6 minutes ago, vos said:

You can add to that. No tackles won, barely a header won and I do not recall any of our players making one decent pass throughout the match. However you can talk in terms of fifty re the number of passes which went to the opposition. Overall well out of our depth but thankfully Chelsea did not bother too much.

According to Sky, 13 out of 16 tackles won (81.3%), and 16 of 32 aerial duels won (50%).

People have been (rightly) complaining about how naive and hopeless we look at the back, but at least we showed a bit of backbone tonight. Away to a side competing for the Champions League, that's not bad. I was expecting a hiding, but we made ourselves more difficult to break down. Yes, we were utterly toothless going forward, but if we'd have taken the game to them we'd probably have shipped a hatful.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Got to be happy with that, not a thrashing and we've learned that Giroud likes Scrabble ....

Are you serious? 

How can you be happy with another loss, no shots on goal...let alone a goal, toothless midfield display, schoolboy defending and at least 3 totally ineffective players on the pitch? 

Difference was Chelsea didn’t put us to the sword today. 

• Thanks 1

I agree, a couple times both Klose & Godfrey got bullied by one of the best attackers out there, but in general the defenders were ok tonight.

The end of the season can't come quick enough, to quote a certain Irish priest we all look fecked

I'm seriously thinking about putting a tenner on Man C getting double figures on the last day

10 minutes ago, Sideshow Tim said:

Are you serious? 

How can you be happy with another loss, no shots on goal...let alone a goal, toothless midfield display, schoolboy defending and at least 3 totally ineffective players on the pitch? 

Difference was Chelsea didn’t put us to the sword today. 

You don't get sarcasm do you fella? 😁

• Haha 1

Chelsea didn't hurt us much. Burnley won't give us time. 

DF has to change his tactics. This is boring, ineffectual, toothless. FFS Daniel, take a look at what is happening. To take off Todd, our MotM tonight and leave Drmic on was unbelievable and not professional.

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Chelsea didn't hurt us much. Burnley won't give us time. 

DF has to change his tactics. This is boring, ineffectual, toothless. FFS Daniel, take a look at what is happening. To take off Todd, our MotM tonight and leave Drmic on was unbelievable and not professional.

Sorry, but on our recent form, if we'd have done the opposite of "boring, ineffectual, toothless" against a confident Chelsea team chasing the Champions League we could've got absolutely buried tonight. It wasn't pretty to watch, but it was better than watching us get stuffed 4-0 at home by West Ham.

How is it unprofessional to take off an attacking midfielder for another attacking midfielder? He wanted to bring Emi on, but bringing off Drmic would have left us without a striker.

I don't see the last two games being any prettier for us, I think we just need to grin and bear it really. I'd rather we were toothless up front than we get stuffed by leaving gaps in our already porous defence.

Edited by Feedthewolf

What worries me is what do we actually take forward into next season? Not once since the restart have we played sustained attacking football. DF hasn't a clue what his best team is as everyone apart from Krul is crap. Lose Emi and Cantwell and we will look very ordinary. I fear for Daniel if we don't hit the ground running.

All a bit of a conundrum. Perhaps DF has decided that Rupp is needed for the team to be a bit more solid and shore up the midfield. And if Emi & Cantwell are on at the same time, the midfield is overpowered. Full-backs clearly told to focus more on defending. Stay in the game and bring on the likes of Pukki/Buendia/Vrancic/Idah to try and nick something. Goal wasn't threatened even once tonight, but it beats a 0-4 drubbing I suppose. Idah might get the nod v Burnley.

cunting

Edited by paddycanary

7 hours ago, paddycanary said:

All a bit of a conundrum. Perhaps DF has decided that Rupp is needed for the team to be a bit more solid and shore up the midfield. And if Emi & Cantwell are on at the same time, the midfield is overpowered. Full-backs clearly told to focus more on defending. Stay in the game and bring on the likes of Pukki/Buendia/Vrancic/Idah to try and nick something. Goal wasn't threatened even once tonight, but it beats a 0-4 drubbing I suppose. Idah might get the nod v Burnley

Problem I have with that, if the aim is to nick something on the break we’d be far bette off having Pukki or Idah on from the start, Drmic isn’t going to do anything for us. He has no pace and he can’t hold the ball up to bring others in. He’s totally ineffective. I’d rather us just play it over the top for Idah and hope we get lucky, that genuinely looks more like getting us a goal than playing Drmic.

I thought we looked miles off the pace 

We didn’t look fit and like we were running through treacle 

if we are honest Chelsea didn’t even start the engine let alone get out of second gear 

I would say the score was kept low by Chelsea playing badly instead of a Norwich tactic 

I was more worried the interview Farke  was happy with that the passing was terrible, the creativity was near zero and some players should not be near the first team 

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Problem I have with that, if the aim is to nick something on the break we’d be far bette off having Pukki or Idah on from the start, Drmic isn’t going to do anything for us. He has no pace and he can’t hold the ball up to bring others in. He’s totally ineffective. I’d rather us just play it over the top for Idah and hope we get lucky, that genuinely looks more like getting us a goal than playing Drmic.

While I have a bit of sympathy for Drmic - feeding off scraps is an understatement - I get the feeling that Pukki is going through the motions, and has been for a few months, even before the 'lockdown.' Something must have happened in the January window. I wonder was he denied one nice fat paycheque with someone sniffing around, and the club blocked it. It would be a sad way for his time here to finish up, a bit of a metaphor for how this season has panned out. Things are at a low ebb at the moment. It's draining. I think it might be adieu to all of Pukki, Buendia, Cantwell & Aarons in the near future. Big boots to fill. (Klose, Leitner & Vrancic too). It's all getting a bit negative I'm afraid. 'Damage limitation' is a long way from what this team's philosophy is supposed to be, but that's where we are. Just not good enough to truly compete it seems. Sussed out in September. Shaky at the back, gormless at set-pieces, naive out wide, soft through the middle and now toothless up top = rock bottom 😔

• Like 1

I've (I'm a glutton for punishment) watched every Norwich game 'live' since the restart.....Although there were some on occasion very slight variations in our abject performances/defeats.....It all just seemed so very like 'Groundhog Day'.....#"I got you babe"#.....