Sign in to follow this  
Bill

FA approved official Chelsea thread

Well, maybe we might show a bit more threat now we are behind! With attacking subs.

Not one shot on target and not one shot. 

1 minute ago, Bovril said:

Klose has basically lived of his first season with us when he was superb. Ever since, he's been injury prone and very poor.

People predicted when he had his injury it would be a career ending one.

Sure seems like it now.

Not going to bother with the second half. if it was a boxing match the towel would have been thrown into the ring from the corner by now.

19 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I was supposed to go in June ☹️

Maybe go if Iceland has no quarantine and the virus continues to decline in numbers sufficiently

• Like 1

Just now, Darth Canary1 said:

The defence has been creaking for a while in this match, but there is little in way of an out ball.

Agreed. Midfield keep giving it away, Rupp nowhere and Drmic a cardboard cutout.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Agreed. Midfield keep giving it away, Rupp nowhere and Drmic a cardboard cutout.

Like one of his slow motion music videos

2 minutes ago, Darth Canary1 said:

The defence has been creaking for a while in this match, but there is little in way of an out ball.

Exactly no Grant Holt on the half way line buying fouls all day. We have to work so hard to do get anywhere near the half way line these days and then lose the ball

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Maybe go if Iceland has no quarantine and the virus continues to decline in numbers sufficiently

No quarantine for tourists as long as you pass a covid 19 test at the border. Icelanders and foreign residents have a limited form of quarantine for 5 days when returning

Sadly, the TV's in the pubs keep showing EPL games...

• Like 1

Klose has been shocking.  Really bad. 

Rupp again looking terrible.  I have nothing against the lad, but I'm not sure he even looks League One standard.

Drmic, well there's nothing to say.  Because he has literally done nothing, he's had zero impact.  We'd be better off having a scarecrow upfront.

My worry for next season is that, and I pray to god I'm wrong, Rupp and Drmic will be seen as key players.  I have seen nothing to suggest that they are remotely good enough for a Championship team wanting to mount a promotion challenge.

My other worry is that we won't sign any defenders.  We're surely going to sign a couple of half decent central defenders aren't we.  Please someone tell me that we are? 

Edited by norfolkbroadslim

I realise we have nothing to play for, but my goodness we are poor. Produced virtually nothing going forward and every cross Chelsea make we look in big trouble. Klose and Godfrey are not only slow but they do not seem to be able to get off the ground. Plenty of criticism re Drmic and Rupp but apart from Krul I would find it difficult to give any of our players more than 5 our of 10. Chelsea have been nothing special but they have totally dominated without breaking in to a sweat.

Rupp has a reasonable engine, but I don't see he has anything else about him. Slow, small, weak and a poor touch. Apart from that, I quite like him. 

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Not going to bother with the second half. if it was a boxing match the towel would have been thrown into the ring from the corner by now.

It fine though because we are rebuilding and in rude financial health..pity it's embarrassing to support the first team at the moment... You know it's bad when your mates are sooo silent and don't even take the Mick...

2 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Rupp has a reasonable engine, but I don't see he has anything else about him. Slow, small, weak and a poor touch. Apart from that, I quite like him. 

Reasonable engine. Terrible steering 

So far not one shot, on or off target! Nothing going forward, not great really, to think how we attacked This year’s champions at Anfield the first game.

Are we going to talk about Godfrey though? I’m all for keeping quiet to keep his value high...but he’s also a liability. Positioning is awful.

Much like Rio Ferdinand actually, and was able to cover up his mistakes with his pace in the early days. 

Edited by WD40

4 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Klose has been shocking.  Really bad. 

Rupp again looking terrible.  I have nothing against the lad, but I'm not sure he even looks League One standard.

Drmic, well there's nothing to say.  Because he has literally done nothing, he's had zero impact.  We'd be better off having a scarecrow upfront.

My worry for next season is that, and I pray to god I'm wrong, Rupp and Drmic well be seen as key players.  I have seen nothing to suggest that they are remotely good enough for a Championship team wanting to mount a promotion challenge.

My other worry is that we won't sign any defenders.  We're surely going to sign a couple of half decent central defenders aren't we.  Please someone tell me that we are? 

If the crowds are back then it will get very toxic for Farke if he doesn't hit the ground running. He's had it reasonably easy thanks to the lockout, no Hughton or Gunn style kick offs.

• Like 1

Just now, Indy said:

So far not one shot, on or off target! Nothing going forward, not great really, to think how we attacked This year’s champions at Anfield the first game.

We carry absolutely zero threat. The Chelsea defence might as well sit on deckchairs out on the pitch.

Just now, WD40 said:

Are we going to talk about Godfrey though? I’m all for keeping quiet to keep his value high...but he’s also a liability. Positioning is awful. 

Needs Zimmermann with him to get the best out of him.

JESUS CUNTING CHRIST, I've just twigged that Drmic and Rupp are actually our players!😡

I had it in my head they were loans. We're saddled with the bags of ****e.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Wait, how did CUNTING get through but not ****e?

[This thread would like to apologise for the inappropriate language used but Rupp and Drmic really are wastes of shirts]

Edited by Drazen Muzinic
  • Haha 3

This team are nothing like the  team at Anfield back a year ago. So shot of confidence and some poor January additions