Sign in to follow this  
Bill

FA approved official Chelsea thread

1 minute ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

You should see the time the locals come out drinking in Iceland and Scandinavia!

I'm paying 1000 króna a pint in a pub with the football on the telly instead of  600 króna in a pub up the road. COYY

Whereabouts are you watching it? I miss Reykjavík...

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Which they do in the Mediterranean 😉

And elsewhere, like Potugal, not Mediterranean, West africa, not Mediterranean.  A lot of s America.. again  not Mediterranean.  They do do it around the Mediterranean  but the late eating / matches etc is because of Siesta, not because of proximity  to the Mediterranean  sea. 😉👍😇

Edited by wcorkcanary

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Whereabouts are you watching it? I miss Reykjavík...

One of the places I'd love to visit

• Like 1

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

I would imagine that if anybody is willing to buy Drmic from us we'd bite their hand off, given he's earning the highest wage in the squad by far. If I was Webber I'd be offering him back to Bundesliga clubs for a negligible transfer fee, given his ridiculous wages.

But if that doesn't materialise, maybe he'll look a bit more lively against Championship defenders... here's hoping, anyway!

We signed on a free didn’t we? Not sure but I’d be happy to see how he does next year, but Idah just excites me more, he makes things happen. We shall see what and who starts next year FTW, I’m hoping the new youngsters we’ve already signed will inject a new enthusiasm which will spread to all those still with us.

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

And elsewhere, like Potugal, not Mediterranean, West africa, not Mediterranean.  A lot of s America.. again  not Mediterranean.  They do do it around the Mediterranean  but the late eating / matches etc is because of Siesta, not because of proximity  to the Mediterranean  sea. 

OK, I didn't say it ONLY happens in the Mediterranean, but we're drifting wildly off topic here...

• Haha 1

Have to say we do look poor all about the pitch, giving away possession in situations where we shouldn't 

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

OK, I didn't say it ONLY happens in the Mediterranean, but we're drifting wildly off topic here...

😃😃😃😃😄😃😄😁😄👍 cmon da yeeellloooows

Not great but still level! None of us thought it would be 0-0 30 minutes gone!

Just now, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Lebowski bar 🍺

Haha of course! Give my regards to Laugavegur 🙂

1 minute ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Lebowski bar 🍺

How much is a pint Elastico?

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Klose is so injury prone though.

No he was crippled by a bunch of village donkeys at Crawley. We should have put out our Under 17s - we would have won, and protected our first team. Even Zimbo was out for months after that. The League Cup, we’ve won it twice FFS!

Just now, Foxy2600 said:

No he was crippled by a bunch of village donkeys at Crawley. We should have put out our Under 17s - we would have won, and protected our first team. Even Zimbo was out for months after that. The League Cup, we’ve won it twice FFS!

Yeh, a terrible match and team

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

We signed on a free didn’t we? Not sure but I’d be happy to see how he does next year, but Idah just excites me more, he makes things happen. We shall see what and who starts next year FTW, I’m hoping the new youngsters we’ve already signed will inject a new enthusiasm which will spread to all those still with us.

If his wages are as high as reported, I'd try to offload him. We did sign him on a free, so we'd lose nothing. It's common for Farke's foreign imports to take a little while to get up to speed, so I have no doubt he'll offer more next season than he has done this, but if we can find someone to take on those wages it'd make sense to trade him for a younger and cheaper model with potential.

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

How much is a pint Elastico?

Good question!

Happy hour, which ended 50 minutes ago is 800 króna in Lebowski 

Then it is 1300 króna. But I have just been charged 1000 króna, which implies I am a regular. This is normal here. I get reduced price beer in  3 pubs now 😀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Will do. Off to Prikið and  maybe  Gaukurinn later 

Hopefully celebrating a  less than 3 goal defeat 

Gaukurinn was my favourite bar in Reykjavik! Went to a stand-up comedy night there on a Monday night... amazing vibe. Wife and I actually have Iceland footy shirts with 'GAUKURINN 17' on the back (we visited first in 2017).

Can’t build anything going forwards, Todd and One combine nicely but Rupp rallies too long and loses it. We’re just hanging on against wave after wave now.