Sign in to follow this  
Bill

FA approved official Chelsea thread

Josip has touched the ball 3 times and every one has gone to a Chelsea player! 

5 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Lived in Portugal for several years. You have to understand that nothing really starts over there until 10pm. It's normal for families with young children to go out for dinner at 10pm and it's not unusual for football matches to start at 9pm or even 10pm.

Same in Italy (where I live) and Spain. It's a Mediterranean thing.

7 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Josip has touched the ball 3 times and every one has gone to a Chelsea player! 

He has now evened it up, the next 3 have been good passes

Just now, norfolkbroadslim said:

I don't think Pukki will be here next season

I don’t think he was here for most of this season

Just now, norfolkbroadslim said:

I don't think Pukki will be here next season

Not when lacklustre Drmić gets ahead of him......Idah must also be thinking about his situation if he’s rated behind a Drmić!

Just now, Foxy2600 said:

I don’t think he was here for most of this season

Really! Hasn’t he scored 11 this season?

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

He has now evened it up, the next 3 have been good passes

Just looks a bit lazy. Played a pass in left wing sort of position earlier, made no effort to get back forward into the box or support. When Chelsea win it back he jogs into a central position and then walks as the game is played around him....

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

What a ball in by Lewis. Just needed Grant Holt on the end of it.

Ok start.

Yep, looks like one of those games where we decide to bother defending.

Just now, ricardo said:

Far too ready to pass backwards.

I don’t mind that in this sort of game. We won’t get much possession so passing backwards, having a breather, keeping it is fine.... as long as we’re solid in the first place.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Not when lacklustre Drmić gets ahead of him......Idah must also be thinking about his situation if he’s rated behind a Drmić!

Maybe, just maybe, giving Drmic the opportunity to play football is the best way to improve him? If we were still scrapping then Pukki would be starting every game. And introducing Idah from the bench makes sense, he was very poor at Old Trafford in January and it'd be a tough ask for him to lead the line against Chelsea's defence. Maybe he'll get a start against Burnley?

2 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Just looks a bit lazy. Played a pass in left wing sort of position earlier, made no effort to get back forward into the box or support. When Chelsea win it back he jogs into a central position and then walks as the game is played around him....

He's a lazy piece of squit. 

1 minute ago, Aggy said:

Looks (often) a bit lost.

Hope he gets a chance at some stage.

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Not always easy to tell on camera, but it looks like a 4-3-3 instead of the usual 4-2-3-1, which is nice to see. Should've happened much earlier this season.

Looks to me to be a flat 451 when Chelsea have it and Rupp told to get forward in support to help when we have it...Rupp seems to be at centre back one minute and then the furthest forward the next.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Maybe, just maybe, giving Drmic the opportunity to play football is the best way to improve him? If we were still scrapping then Pukki would be starting every game. And introducing Idah from the bench makes sense, he was very poor at Old Trafford in January and it'd be a tough ask for him to lead the line against Chelsea's defence. Maybe he'll get a start against Burnley?

Yeh I’ve sort of agreed with that by saying Drmić start is his last chance to show he’s worth keeping for next year FDW. I agree, but just wish he’d show more energy! Not been his worst game tonight, but not brilliant!

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Really! Hasn’t he scored 11 this season?

Yes he has ... a disservice.

Since DF declared we will need a miracle to stay in this league, Teemu has scored two. I hazard a guess, WHU. 

20 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It's a Siesta thing, actually. Nothing to do with the Mediterranean.  

1 minute ago, Aggy said:

Looks to me to be a flat 451 when Chelsea have it and Rupp told to get forward in support to help when we have it...Rupp seems to be at centre back one minute and then the furthest forward the next.

Looks as flat 4-5-1 without possession, but Cantwell and Hernandez get forward and support Drmic with it. Rupp seems the most aggressive of the midfield three.

19 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

You should see the time the locals come out drinking in Iceland and Scandinavia!

I'm paying 1000 króna a pint in a pub with the football on the telly instead of  600 króna in a pub up the road. COYY

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Looks as flat 4-5-1 without possession, but Cantwell and Hernandez get forward and support Drmic with it. Rupp seems the most aggressive of the midfield three.

Farke’s little whiteboard looked to show a 4411... should probably keep that better hidden!

1 minute ago, Foxy2600 said:

Yes he has ... a disservice.

Since DF declared we will need a miracle to stay in this league, Teemu has scored two. I hazard a guess, WHU. 

Yes I agree Pukki hasn’t been the same since pre Christmas, but he’s certainly our best option at present, with Idah as a good alternative....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Yeh I’ve sort of agreed with that by saying Drmić start is his last chance to show he’s worth keeping for next year FDW. I agree, but just wish he’d show more energy! Not been his worst game tonight, but not brilliant!

I would imagine that if anybody is willing to buy Drmic from us we'd bite their hand off, given he's earning the highest wage in the squad by far. If I was Webber I'd be offering him back to Bundesliga clubs for a negligible transfer fee, given his ridiculous wages.

But if that doesn't materialise, maybe he'll look a bit more lively against Championship defenders... here's hoping, anyway!

I certainly won't miss the patronising commentary about Norwich next year