Sign in to follow this  
Bill

FA approved official Chelsea thread

Will be interesting to see who Farke plays tonight

Whether it is a chance for some fringe players to prove they still have a place for next season - or give the likes of Idah and Martin another chance to step up

Much will be read into tonights selection, methinks

ps don't forget it is a late KO tonight - 8.15 🌛

• Like 1

Always hate these games, pretty much glorified friendlies for us when we already down.

And with Chelsea fighting for a good end to the season and a Champions Leauge spot, and us fighting for.. I would say pride but we have already clearly thrown all that away the last couple matches so unlike Chelsea we have nothing to play for.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

I'd mix it up a bit.

Krul

Godfrey Tettey Klose

Aarons McLean Trybull Lewis

Buendia Pukki Cantwell

Bit harsh on Onel, but he'll probably be glad not to be involved in what's likely to be an utter smashing. The idea would be that Aarons and Lewis drop back to defence and Buendia and Cantwell drop back into midfield to become a 5-4-1 when defending.

I cannot see Farke allowing these final three games 'slip away'

While I suspect there has been much thought, if not decision, on who will be leaving this summer, there will also be the same thought running through a number of City player's minds. Lets see what you are made off when there is 'nothing' to play for.

However much will depend on how the ref sees it. When McLean was knocked to the floor v Watford, had that been in the box it would have been a penalty,

Catch someone's foot however accidentally and you face a booking. Knock the shi t out of them or obstruct them Maguire - Buendia and nothing is said

As much as I'd like to see changes, I think Farke will keep with much the same lineup, just an extra space on the bench for a young 'un now Duda has gone back

odd fantasies for a young man to be having

a few cold baths should soon sort that out 🛁

Webber hinted of few changes between now and the end of the season, so I wouldn't expect Idah or Martin to start.

Probably a case of damage limitation so can't see us weakening the midfield, so it will mean continuing with the hapless Klose. Tetter, Rupp and McLean across the middle, might even be Trybull.

Just hope we don't capitulate too early as Chelsea will be looking to improve their goal difference big time tonight.

4 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Just keep it under 9 please chaps. 

Joking aside I can’t say I haven’t been a little concerned about that against this lot tonight but more particularly Man City on the last day who seem to be able to score at will against even experienced Premier League sides ( might be a bit beyond Burnley to be fair )

Conceding double figures would really put the tin lid on a thoroughly miserable season.

As to who plays in these final matches it’s maybe not advisable to include too many novices as their confidence could well be shattered if there are any cricket scores to come. 🙁

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

FA approved thread ?

Who approved it? 

Looks like i just duplicated this thread☹

29 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

FA approved thread ?

Who approved it? 

Looks like i just duplicated this thread☹

you have to apply, fill out an online form then wait to see if you are approved

another first

as this must be the latest we have ever started a game

first FA cup game played in July as well

maybe Buendia is off so will not feature much over the final three games

likewise Pukki, with Drmic the preferred choice

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Fanny Adams.

are you questioning my honesty, Mr Lakey ?

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Sweet girl 🙃

I have to disagree there young master Edward

perhaps you are not aware of her leading role in one of the UK's earliest **** films

Fanny by gaslight

44 minutes ago, Bill said:

another first

as this must be the latest we have ever started a game

first FA cup game played in July as well

Certainly for a competitive match.

Randomly enough, I went to a friendly away in Braga in 2013, when the kickoff was 8.30pm. It was a very close-run thing getting the last bus back to Porto after the match! We counted the Norwich fans, and there were 49 of us including me and Mrs Wolf.

I know in Spain they tend to do things later, so that doesn't surprise me in Portugal

I'm not sure our public transport could cope in Norwich with a game finishing close to 10.30pm

We've yet to vote on this seasons' scapegoat

the ballot papers have been sent out

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

I know in Spain they tend to do things later, so that doesn't surprise me in Portugal

I'm not sure our public transport could cope in Norwich with a game finishing close to 10.30pm

Lived in Portugal for several years. You have to understand that nothing really starts over there until 10pm. It's normal for families with young children to go out for dinner at 10pm and it's not unusual for football matches to start at 9pm or even 10pm.

Edited by Making Plans