Bill

Championship games Weds night

Looking forward to next season now. The roller coaster of that division far outweighs the pathetic EPL any day.

Please people accept. Its all about being entertained. Not just getting hammered by the luvvies.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Looking forward to next season now. The roller coaster of that division far outweighs the pathetic EPL any day.

Please people accept. Its all about being entertained. Not just getting hammered by the luvvies.

Absolutely spot on.  DF was right...he said the Prem has the quality to be the best league in the world but that the Championship is the toughest league.  Relegation from the Prem  can be awful, but you carry away a good chunk of silver from TV rights with you and get to play in a very exciting, emotional roller coaster of a league.

Relegation from from the Champs leaves you with nothing much in the coffers and likely mid table L1 mediocrity (how are you guys  down there in Poorman Road?).

So with 90 mins played Forest are still in the play offs

Sure they are losing and Swansea are winning,

but with the final whistle imminent neither result can change now

..... but there is a minute of two left for a couple of decisive goals

'' Friar Tuck, Robin Hood, Little John, Will Scarlett, Much the Millers son and Maid Marion ....... your boys took a helluva beating tonight ''

16 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I am too. However having watched the Championship tonight and various team's efforts attempting to get out of it I feel saddened how easily we rolled over and went down without so much of a whimper.

Make no mistake it will be bloody hard, and our lot need to pull their fingers out and get off to a flying start.

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I am too. However having watched the Championship tonight and various team's efforts attempting to get out of it I feel saddened how easily we rolled over and went down without so much of a whimper.

Make no mistake it will be bloody hard, and our lot need to pull their fingers out and get off to a flying start.

Yes we should remember how hard it is and not be complacent having got out of it three times in the last 10 years.

Some clubs find it impossible to even make half a fist of it. Forest particularly spring to mind today. They are now on their second stinking rich owner and haven't come close. Maybe it will be third time lucky before they get a turn...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kick it off said:

received_720432102075303.jpeg

Geez, Charlton up and down like mad. Just a crazy, crazy league. 

Edited by TheGoogler

36 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Without Wigan's points deduction, only teams on 50 points and above would have been safe.

50 points has been the accepted benchmark to survive in the Football League as 40 is in the PL.

Rarely need that many in practice

Looking forward to away days at Bristol, Forest, Derby, Cardiff and  / or Swansea.... and of course Luton. Hopefully not Fulham. 

Just now, Surfer said:

Looking forward to away days at Bristol, Forest, Derby, Cardiff and  / or Swansea.... and of course Luton. Hopefully not Fulham. 

I was looking at it earlier - if Swansea and Cardiff don't go up - I reckon I'm on 14 or 15 next season - obviously pending tickets but I'm in the 750 circle so if the gates are open I should get a ticket.