Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Byram, Zimmerman and Hanley

26 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Zimbo is training so should be ok, not sure about the other two

Hanley was 12 weeks at the beginning of the restart. They are monitoring Byram and will make a decision on an op for him.

Byram is v much a sick note, sadly.  It’s odd how some players just seem to attract injuries.  I hope he doesn’t end up being a Jarvis or Louis-Jean - both decent when fit -, though I suppose we did get a reasonable run out of him this season. We certainly need a second capable back up if Max does leave.

8 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Byram is v much a sick note, sadly.  It’s odd how some players just seem to attract injuries.  I hope he doesn’t end up being a Jarvis or Louis-Jean - both decent when fit -, though I suppose we did get a reasonable run out of him this season. We certainly need a second capable back up if Max does leave.

Michael Bailey mentioned that the club view the new lad coming in from Sunderland as potential right back cover I think.

Decisions around our defence this season have certainly been a bit baffling - letting Amadou (out of position in defence, but cover nonetheless) and Heise leave in January, with others out on loan, left us very light (particularly when Klose was likely to be fit for a handful of games at best).  Yes we have injuries, but only 3 -they shouldn’t have left us so short for so long.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Decisions around our defence this season have certainly been a bit baffling - letting Amadou (out of position in defence, but cover nonetheless) and Heise leave in January, with others out on loan, left us very light (particularly when Klose was likely to be fit for a handful of games at best).  Yes we have injuries, but only 3 -they shouldn’t have left us so short for so long.

Yep squad management in January was bizarre.

Leaving an already struggling defensive unit with just 7 players despite all the injury problems was crazy. Also letting Fahrmann go leaving us one injury away from playing McGovern for the rest of the season.