hogesar

Fundraise for Delia Out plane banner.

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

The answer was pretty clear from the attempt to raise £800  for the banner.

Even if there were a 1000 malcontents, they are not unhappy enough to give 80p to express their anger!

And yet it seemed a piece of cake to raise 8 grand for positive supporters  flags and banners.

Edited by nutty nigel

6 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

Without a billionaire investors, that philosophy only works for a limited time for clubs of our size. Burnley are doing it at the moment but history suggests that a bad transfer or two or losing the manager and it ends. Charlton, Bolton, Portsmouth, Wigan, Stoke and others established themselves in the Premier League for it to all to come crashing down

It tended to come crashing down as a consequence of financial mismanagement. There are several clubs with billionaires that are below us!

TBH, being a billionaire isn't sufficient to establish yourself as a premier league club "the quick way." You need several billions so that you are comfortable with losses over hundreds of millions - even then you have FFP to worry about. (Although with that sort of money, you probably have resources to "ease your way round" legal restrictions.)

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

And yet it seemed a piece of cake to raise 8 grand for positive supporters  flags and banners.

Yes - QED?

27 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Great idea, with options that cover all schools of thought. A simple yes or no and the current regime win but it’s a little more complicated than that. 

Yeah I think you'd need multiple questions to cover a few points.

How do you feel about the current owners?

How do you feel their is a clear succession plan in place?

Do you feel the club is open to new investment?

etc etc...

38 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It is Monday, no harm with a bit of banter. 

Yes, fair enough - I was probably too touchy😳

Sorry

I thought the match day banners were to help create a better atmosphere and in turn lift the players. Should have look better to notice they were pro Delia and Michael. 

And there it is again.

This is what I posted...

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Just now, nutty nigel said:

And there it is again.

This is what I posted...

But you were comparing them to the aeroplane anti Delia banner, I guess you gave yourself license to twist it. 

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Ok Sean, what's your solution? I appreciate there's lots of unknowns and lots of ways the approach can fail, so let's hear from you. Say Delia and MWJ do hand the club over to Tom and we don't seek or obtain outside investment, what's your solution for getting NFC established in the EPL? Because this is a sport, the point of a sport is to be competitive and achieve, and that means getting into the top league and competing against the top teams. Let's hear your plan? Or do you deem "success" as floating around in the 2nd tier, perhaps getting promoted, having a glory day and an open-top parade and being able to live off the EPL cash, or perhaps being 1-2 bad seasons away from financial issues and player firesales due to our sufficient model not leaving a safety net of a rich owner to step in if needed?

I never said I had the answers, I just don't think it's as simple as invest and spend more money. If it was there a plenty of clubs in the Championship that would be in the Premier League

Competitive is a subjective term and it depends on whether I'm thinking with my heart or with my head.  My heart says I would love City to a constant fixture in the Premier League.  My head tells me that at present there are 13 billionaire owners in the Premier League and without one of our own, it's going to be hard to be "competitive" with the "top teams" as you put it.  Not impossible but it's going to take someone cleverer and more knowledgeable than I to come up with a strategy that isn't just throw money we don't have at it and hope it works.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

But you were comparing them to the aeroplane anti Delia banner, I guess you gave yourself license to twist it. 

I was comparing Norwich City supporters crowd funding. Nothing more. You twisted it.

Again.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I was comparing Norwich City supporters crowd funding. Nothing more. You twisted it.

Again.

If that’s what your truly stating then I apologise. 

17 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I thought the match day banners were to help create a better atmosphere and in turn lift the players. Should have look better to notice they were pro Delia and Michael. 

Whereas the purpose of the Flight banner was... well, it wouldn't improve the atmosphere or lift the players would it?

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If that’s what your truly stating then I apologise. 

I don't post untrue stuff on here.

I didn't yesterday when you altered that.

Quite happy to have a clean slate if that's what you truly want 👍

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't post untrue stuff on here.

I didn't yesterday when you altered that.

Quite happy to have a clean slate if that's what you truly want 👍

Deal.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Badger said:

Even if there were a 1000 malcontents, they are not unhappy enough to give 80p to express their anger!

Clear as mud and I'm sure you're aware of that.

Now what would be an interesting comparison is how much was raised by the Worthy Out and Chase Out groups to fund their causes...

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I do think it would be interesting to survey the opinions of the fans on this topic but honestly no idea how you'd go about it- obviously the club aren't going to hit the season ticket mailing list with 'do you rate the owners?' surveys so it would likely need to come from a fans group or even Archant (which seems highly unlikely).

The EDP or Pink Un but I always feel they are frightened of upsetting Delia or Webber....

41 minutes ago, Badger said:

Do you work in a banner making business? Asking for a friend..✌️😉

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

The EDP or Pink Un but I always feel they are frightened of upsetting Delia or Webber....

Archant has not looked at Norwich City objectively this season. This has not been helped by Archant being up for sale, so Sports Journalists are maybe looking for what happens if they leave and do not want to rock the boat with the club and find access is not forthcoming if they branch out on their own...

47 minutes ago, komakino said:

Archant has not looked at Norwich City objectively this season. This has not been helped by Archant being up for sale, so Sports Journalists are maybe looking for what happens if they leave and do not want to rock the boat with the club and find access is not forthcoming if they branch out on their own...

By contrast, Michael Bailey on The Athletic and some of the various Norwich City podcasts have been pretty cutting when required.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Clear as mud and I'm sure you're aware of that.

Not really. If they are not even prepared to give 80p to the cause (assuming that there is a 1000 of them) - it sort of suggests that there is not much commitment to the cause.

I remember ages ago (must have 15 years+) there was going to be some sort of petition before a match - pink 'un forum was full of it - but we never saw anything of that either - no support, so nobody ever mentioned it again.

There just isn't any support for this. A lot of people would like more money - but then most fans would, under the illusion that borrowing helps your prospects.

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Do you work in a banner making business? Asking for a friend..✌️😉

Yes, but no less than £800 including the flight. 😄

Any chance of a non-returnable deposit?

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

8K raised in a fan base of 25,000 at every home game so i will leave you to do the maths. 😜

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

8K raised in a fan base of 25,000 at every home game so i will leave you to do the maths. 😜

Now you know I'm hopeless at sums. Though I did once know the tunes to all the times tables.

Is it more than raised for the jalopy and banner?

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I’ve done the maths, it shows that ten times more people were supportive of positive flags and banners compared to those that want a Delia out banner 😜

3 hours ago, komakino said:

The short answer would be investment that gives club a chance of staying in the EPL with owners that want to be there. That part cannot be overstated. I'm totally in favour of developing youth, as any club should, but the self funding model isn't credible if you want to be in the top tier. 

As a business owner, is investment not the same as debt? How would that be repaid (with interest for said investor)? Unfortunately football at this level is a business and despite a few stinking rich Chinese the rest prepared to take the gamble expect a return on that risky investment. Incidentally, I would suggest that most businesses are not only self-funding but provide a return on investment or else why bother.

3 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

I’ve done the maths, it shows that ten times more people were supportive of positive flags and banners compared to those that want a Delia out banner 😜

But the large majority did not contribute to neither... Does apathy reign? 😉

5 hours ago, Badger said:

Not really. If they are not even prepared to give 80p to the cause (assuming that there is a 1000 of them) - it sort of suggests that there is not much commitment to the cause.

I remember ages ago (must have 15 years+) there was going to be some sort of petition before a match - pink 'un forum was full of it - but we never saw anything of that either - no support, so nobody ever mentioned it again.

There just isn't any support for this. A lot of people would like more money - but then most fans would, under the illusion that borrowing helps your prospects.

Was that the one when the 'protest' turned out to just be Smudger shouting at MWJ while he was having a fag?

• Haha 3