hogesar

Fundraise for Delia Out plane banner.

Just now, Mello Yello said:

Nah just....Big-boned.....Or the stuff they feast on is.....

That’s lockdown for you, most folk have added a pound or two to athletic frames. 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Mate, it was Til who went and messaged the Adam chap (who started the banner idea) about me posting on here, which they now think is me reporting it to 'the media' and i'm now a mole or something or other. I'm shocked it started with Til 😅

I think that's why that Adam chap now responds to every comment I make on the fan group with "mole c*nt" etc etc. Priceless.

They should be thanking me for the exposure. Then again getting less than £200 out of the £1000 or so they needed for the banner suggests it's not quite according to plan.

Really? Dear me. The thing is, there is a valid argument about needing a richer owner. I doubt it is shared by as many fans as seems to be widely supposed by those who advocate it but even so it ought to be possible to put together some kind of sensible pressure group or campaign. Apparently not.

I'm trying to rack the old memory but I think the last fan's fundraiser was for the flags and banners? Was it over £8,000?

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Mate, it was Til who went and messaged the Adam chap (who started the banner idea) about me posting on here, which they now think is me reporting it to 'the media' and i'm now a mole or something or other. I'm shocked it started with Til 😅

I think that's why that Adam chap now responds to every comment I make on the fan group with "mole c*nt" etc etc. Priceless.

They should be thanking me for the exposure. Then again getting less than £200 out of the £1000 or so they needed for the banner suggests it's not quite according to plan.

I joined that group the day after you started this thread hoggy and messaged Adam Potter with regard to this thread as it appeared you were running a couple of weeks behind the news. I must say i have not spotted the naughty language aimed at you on there so are you a member as you have to apply to join ?

Nobody seems to have picked up on my idea about banners on Grapes Hill footbridge, the Magdalen Street flyover and the bridge over the A11 at Cringleford. A cheap way to gain publicity as all you need is a couple of bed sheets and an aerosol can. 😜.

Could we have a Chase Out fly past? A nostalgic celebration of when we “took back control “. 

A bi-plane flown by some dashing cove

much as in the book I read a couple of months back

Biggles Flies Undone by Cpt W E Johns

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I joined that group the day after you started this thread hoggy and messaged Adam Potter with regard to this thread as it appeared you were running a couple of weeks behind the news. I must say i have not spotted the naughty language aimed at you on there so are you a member as you have to apply to join ?

Nobody seems to have picked up on my idea about banners on Grapes Hill footbridge, the Magdalen Street flyover and the bridge over the A11 at Cringleford. A cheap way to gain publicity as all you need is a couple of bed sheets and an aerosol can. 😜.

No I'm not a member of that group but the normal fans group is where they're all taking a pop at me for apparently leaking to the press 😂

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

No I'm not a member of that group but the normal fans group is where they're all taking a pop at me for apparently leaking to the press 😂

There are numerous Norwich City Facebook fan pages/ groups and just wondered which one it was as i read most of them and hadn't seen you mentioned.

20 minutes ago, Bill said:

A bi-plane flown by some dashing cove

much as in the book I read a couple of months back

Biggles Flies Undone by Cpt W E Johns

Captain W E Johns learned to fly in Thetford during the war - not many people know that.

44 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

There are numerous Norwich City Facebook fan pages/ groups and just wondered which one it was as i read most of them and hadn't seen you mentioned.

Or put another way, “ I need proof because I don’t believe you “ 😜

3 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Of course 😂

But basically me starting this thread has led to this sort of comments from those in charge of the Delia Out facebook group:

Edited by hogesar
Good point made by smithy
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, wooster said:

Captain W E Johns learned to fly in Thetford during the war - not many people know that.

They probably thought it was over Thetford that he learned to fly 😀

So the going rate for flags and banners is £8,000.

Or £200 for a jalopy with wings and hope it flies.

Or a tenner for a couple of soiled blankets and a marker pen.

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Big Vince would probably wing walk for nothing and shout it out through a megaphone. I could lend him my "Keelan Supreme" one from the 1967 Cup run.

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

Of course 😂

But basically me starting this thread has led to this sort of comments from those in charge of the Delia Out facebook group:

Phew......just as well you didn’t put your real name up on that ‘ Who Are You In Real Life ? ‘ thread someone put up on here a while back.

Dodged a bullet there...... 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Hilarious.

19 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

How about a 2020 version of these bad boys Nutty ? Sold like hot cakes back in the day.

Image may contain: 1 person

On 23/07/2020 at 14:42, PurpleCanary said:

Really? Dear me. The thing is, there is a valid argument about needing a richer owner. I doubt it is shared by as many fans as seems to be widely supposed by those who advocate it but even so it ought to be possible to put together some kind of sensible pressure group or campaign. Apparently not.

My 200 was optimistic.

It turns out all these loud individuals who want Delia out (600 in the group) couldn't muster more than £110 between the lot of them.

*trying not to laugh*

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

How about a 2020 version of these bad boys Nutty ? Sold like hot cakes back in the day.

Image may contain: 1 person

Now there's a blast from the past!

Didn't we once have a poster called Delias tickers?

18 hours ago, hogesar said:

My 200 was optimistic.

It turns out all these loud individuals who want Delia out (600 in the group) couldn't muster more than £110 between the lot of them.

*trying not to laugh*

Sounds like they needed to get the 'silent majority' on board...

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Sounds like they needed to get the 'silent majority' on board...

I'm concerned they think i'm like their only obstacle from outing Delia FTW - I've learnt today one of them has screenshotted stuff i've posted on twitter and shared it to their private Delia Out group etc.

I mean, it's not a problem but if they think i'm the only thing in the way of us getting a stinking rich chinese owner they're gonna be really, really disappointed.

😂

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, hogesar said:

I'm concerned they think i'm like their only obstacle from outing Delia FTW - I've learnt today one of them has screenshotted stuff i've posted on twitter and shared it to their private Delia Out group etc.

I mean, it's not a problem but if they think i'm the only thing in the way of us getting a stinking rich chinese owner they're gonna be really, really disappointed.

😂

I would be devasated to find they thought my years of happy-clappy campaigning here and personally whispering poison to Delia and Michael about every private takeover proposal they'd received had all been for nothing.🤓

• Haha 1

Yep there are some really sad individuals out there who, emboldened by being members of a 'group' think its ok to get personal with people who dont share their views. Then of course there are the enablers or shoitestirrers as I call them , who  pass on info, correct or not, to feed the cretins.  Have a laugh , disagree, call each others names by all means .  But there is a nasty sly edge to some of the stuff that goes on. Whoever fed TuB incorrect info about me really needs professional help...... they couldnt even get my name occupation or location right. Sadsack mofos the lot of them. Im quite happy to argue the toss with peoples internet personas, I really dont want or need to know any more about their pathetic real lives. 

The pathetic response to Delia out Banner behind plane fundraiser just shows they have sweet FA to back up their bullshoite.  

• Thanks 1

".....they couldnt even get my name occupation or location right."

They spent ages on Google Maps looking for the town of Wcork.

• Haha 1

As a newish City fan i haven't experienced all the failed attempts to stay in the PL due to bad recruitment or a lack of funding. I understand that this has become frustrating but to publicly show hatred against Delia and the board is disrespectful. 

It seems to me that as a business they have done well to keep NCFC alive over the years, and currently we are enjoying being in a club run by people who care and now with a healthy bank balance. All this gels well for the future as with the likelihood of players sales in the next few weeks, we will have money to strengthen the squad.

But you want her out? With no potential buyers on the horizon that's a ridiculous wish. The time is not now but when Smith and Jones are no longer able to be involved. 

I hope your proposed banner never surfaces as i feel it will seed negativity for the minority. 

• Like 1

Just seen this and looked it up.

Looks like the person the money is going to is Col. I really hope that those poor people who have put money into this crazy idea will be able to get it back if it doesn't happen. I wouldn't trust that character, let alone any internet persona that I couldn't get in person reassurances about.

22 minutes ago, chicken said:

Just seen this and looked it up.

Looks like the person the money is going to is Col. I really hope that those poor people who have put money into this crazy idea will be able to get it back if it doesn't happen. I wouldn't trust that character, let alone any internet persona that I couldn't get in person reassurances about.

Buyer beware, and all that.

On 24/07/2020 at 00:04, Midlands Yellow said:

Are those of us who donated getting refunded? 

At the end of the season apparently...