hogesar

Fundraise for Delia Out plane banner.

6 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

There is a movement? Amazing... 

It's the 'Carrow Road Conservative Chronically Constipated Collective'.....and, they're just going through the motions.....

9 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Excellent, you have the job

We will paint the missile green n yellow and write  "Ted MacDougall" on it"

Surely "Let's be havin' you!" would be a more appropriate message?

You could also paint a picture of Delia on it - maybe she could be suggestively winking while munching on a sausage roll?

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap

44 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'm dont think I can link to the specific comment, but I can like to the main post. It's in the comments..

https://m.facebook.com/groups/653472614675224?view=permalink&id=3380825658606559

I see it's pretty much the usual misogynistic crowd.  They seem to miss the irony of posting 'bingo' to replies from the people they call 'happy clappers' when the same game could be played in response to their 6 or 7 stock answers.

lf they offered a viable solution I could understand their campaign but they just want to force 'Delia out'.  We'd be far more likely to end up with bad owners if the majority shareholders decide to sell due to a hate campaign. 

I don’t do twitter so I can’t get to see what’s on the link. Having several times castigated fans for complaining about the owners but doing nothing about it I am hardly going to attack this, but I suspect this hasn’t been thought through. A proper campaign needs to start with a plan for the future rather than a stunt. You cannot call for the owners to leave unless you can articulate a viable alternative.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

I don’t do twitter so I can’t get to see what’s on the link. Having several times castigated fans for complaining about the owners but doing nothing about it I am hardly going to attack this, but I suspect this hasn’t been thought through. A proper campaign needs to start with a plan for the future rather than a stunt. You cannot call for the owners to leave unless you can articulate a viable alternative.

It’s exactly that Purple, it’s not an organised campaign with a clear goal it’s a group of angry 'fans' united in hatred of Delia. Most of them make the usual claims that the majority shareholders are pocketing money and that the accounts are false.  If you say anything positive about the club you’re a 'happy clapper'.  Ironically they'll claim they're embarrassed by this season, but they won't see how tin-pot and unoriginal a banner is.  

• Like 2

I think some on here are shocked at the audacity that some fans want to voice their concern. Laugh at them as is your prerogative but he who laughs last and all that. 

I think Smudger shouting at MWJ while the old boy was having a fag was more effective.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I think some on here are shocked at the audacity that some fans want to voice their concern. Laugh at them as is your prerogative but he who laughs last and all that. 

Nah, I think people see the merits in people doing something to change the things they are unhappy about, just that the way of doing it seems a bit tinpot and of no use whatsoever. For example, there are no crowds at CR for the forseeable future so where are they going to fly the plane over?

• Like 2

Just now, Herman said:

Nah, I think people see the merits in people doing something to change the things they are unhappy about, just that the way of doing it seems a bit tinpot and of no use whatsoever. For example, there are no crowds at CR for the forseeable future so where are they going to fly the plane over?

They're hoping to get it flown over for the last game of the season so it’s on TV.

i agree that people are welcome to show their displeasure of how they perceive the club is run. I'd have respect for them if they'd organise a proper campaign with stated aims and went about their business respectfully.  Plenty of people are fond of Delia and her part in the club’s history but feel the majority shareholders should sell up now but they won’t want to be part of a hate campaign. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Fair comment but I’m sure it would get decent coverage and would instantly die a death through ridicule or possibly snowball. 

1 hour ago, king canary said:

'People who want a change of owners should stop whining and start doing something

People do something 

'God look at this bunch of idiots!'

It doesn't sound like the kind of campaign that a billionaire would respond to.

3 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

It doesn't sound like the kind of campaign that a billionaire would respond to.

That doesn't matter though because "Delias just an old hag whos pocketing all our money and holding us back. We'll be in league one in 2 days time cos of her"

50 minutes ago, hogesar said:

That doesn't matter though because "Delias just an old hag whos pocketing all our money and holding us back. We'll be in league one in 2 days time cos of her"

That'd be a lot to put on a banner.

Perhaps the plane could tow Delia's hambag and drop all the money she's stashed into people's gardens.

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

It's the 'Carrow Road Conservative Chronically Constipated Collective'.....and, they're just going through the motions.....

Should be the 'Carrow Road Action Project' in that case 

Good to see people are able to joke about this, but if people are funding this, then they have more money than sense and would be better giving their money to a charity or worthy cause, than to a pointless exercise that will be laughed at, taken by our rivals and ridiculed as being tinpot and having no effect whatsoever on anyone, in the club or out of it.  It will be an empty gesture and the most they might get is a few seconds of notoriety on TV, which will be noted and then forgotten.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

If they’re serious, maybe the money would be better spent trying to convince someone to step in and buy the club.

How does that work then? 

"Hi Mr Rich guy, if you can take some time out of your very busy schedule to meet a complete stranger during a pandemic, and we buy you an expensive meal with some red wine which isn't the cheapest one on the wine list, and then blow smoke up your ar-se for an hour and a half, will you go against all of your conventional wisdom and abandon the prudence that you've displayed to get to this position, to blow your fortune on a club (that isn't even for sale) that I care deeply about and you don't give a sh-t about?"

Rich people aren't mugs, that's usually why they are rich. 

I feel that in order to attract a new owner what you actually need to do is persuade the current owner to actively try and sell, at a realistic price which the market deems to be fair. 

Trying to sell a club that you don't own, one that isn't for sale, without the owners permission, sounds like a complete waste of time. Such a silly idea in fact that it makes flying a banner over an empty stadium look semi-sensible by comparison. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Thanks 1

Does anybody know this chap Adam Potter who is heading up this much ridiculed project ?

11 hours ago, Herman said:

I'd bet a decent amount that whatever anyone planned would have fair few people calling it tinpot or pointless. 

As far as I can tell the opinion is that fans need to be able to show a viable alternative, which I assume means a new owner and is clearly nonsense.

11 hours ago, capricorn1 said:

They're hoping to get it flown over for the last game of the season so it’s on TV.

i agree that people are welcome to show their displeasure of how they perceive the club is run. I'd have respect for them if they'd organise a proper campaign with stated aims and went about their business respectfully.  Plenty of people are fond of Delia and her part in the club’s history but feel the majority shareholders should sell up now but they won’t want to be part of a hate campaign. 

I kind of agree with this but I'd love to know how you run a respectful campaign to get someone to sell something they don't seem to want to sell? 

Delia & Michael aren't ignorant of the fact a decent number of fans would like them to move on and let someone with more spending power take over- hence the comment that 'fans aren't going to like' the plan to hand shares over to Tom. 

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'd bet a decent amount that whatever anyone planned would have fair few people calling it tinpot or pointless. 

As far as I can tell the opinion is that fans need to be able to show a viable alternative, which I assume means a new owner and is clearly nonsense.

Agreed, am slightly bemused that the posters on here pushing back against those of us who want a change in ownership have been saying "why don't you organise and do something rather than just whinge on social media", then when someone attempts to organise a first step those same posters pour scorn and ridicule. Not sure what else I expected though, there are plenty of posters on here that find it unbelievable that there are supporters of the club that aren't happy with the current ownership and their "Project" that's designed to hand the club down like a piece of property rather than a part of our city and community.

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Agreed, am slightly bemused that the posters on here pushing back against those of us who want a change in ownership have been saying "why don't you organise and do something rather than just whinge on social media", then when someone attempts to organise a first step those same posters pour scorn and ridicule. Not sure what else I expected though, there are plenty of posters on here that find it unbelievable that there are supporters of the club that aren't happy with the current ownership and their "Project" that's designed to hand the club down like a piece of property rather than a part of our city and community.

Spot on CW.

4 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Sorry, but that's so wide of the mark. I was one of the people encouraging people to get off their backsides and do something about it, and I am now pouring scorn on it.

But the reason for that is that this is a ridiculous way of going about it. What good is 'DELIA OUT' going to do? At the very least, it needs to be accompanied by a press release, detailing the number of people involved, their mission statement for why they feel the way they do, and what they would like to see the club do to engage their views.

Trust me, if they go ahead with this banner it will kill any movement dead in its tracks. Delia and Michael will likely dig their heels in, laugh it off as a few crazy dissidents, and there will be an overwhelming surge of support for them in the face of a handful of people with no clear agenda.

This idea would have been a compelling option to consider circa 2008/2009, when we were full of Roeder's loan players, appointed a manager on sentimental grounds after a Facebook campaign by his daughter(!), and spiralling down to League One. Doing this now will be a complete and utter failure.

• Like 4