Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

We had no luck

I'm not having that as an excuse for our post lockdown performances, no way. It has been a complete embarrassment and has now left me worried that it will likely follow on into next season.

I have seen nothing in this team that shows they are even that bothered any more so in that sense, why should we. For me, footy is nothing without the fans anyway.

We've had bad luck with injuries and it is obvious that lockdown has affected us worse than anyone else. 

Some on here are desperate to blame everyone at the club - but blame for what? - staying up wasn't a priority. 

Overspending would have been the biggest failure. 

1 hour ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I'm not having that as an excuse for our post lockdown performances, no way. It has been a complete embarrassment and has now left me worried that it will likely follow on into next season.

I have seen nothing in this team that shows they are even that bothered any more so in that sense, why should we. For me, footy is nothing without the fans anyway.

I agree with you about footy being nothing without fans - tonight that performance would have been enough to have the Chelsea fans getting on their backs and our away fans screaming us forward, just like in the cup game. And can you imagine the noise at Carrow Road for the Man Utd cup game, when Cantwell equalised and we were pushing for a winner?

But you saw nothing against Man Utd or tonight against Chelsea that shows that they are bothered? Well, I did - and I'm quietly confident for next season. I think we have a great chance of coming straight back. I think they'll be determined to repay us and put things right.

Yeah anyone ignoring the effect of the crowd on professional football players  might as well go watch a local foosball tournament. 

Just ignore everything since the restart, it’s junk. 

On 13/07/2020 at 19:57, sonyc said:

An interesting stat:

43% of our points this season have come from games against Man City, Spurs, Leicester and Arsenal apparently. Tweet.

Yet didn't we lose at home to Arsenal?

The general point being we got points against higher placed teams.

In the premiership you need to beat those around you in order to stay up, city didn't do that. The premiership dogfight will always be between a few teams and they are the games you need to win. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sgncfc said:

I agree with you about footy being nothing without fans - tonight that performance would have been enough to have the Chelsea fans getting on their backs and our away fans screaming us forward, just like in the cup game. And can you imagine the noise at Carrow Road for the Man Utd cup game, when Cantwell equalised and we were pushing for a winner?

And can you imagine the noise at Carrow Road for the no shows against Southampton, Everton, Brighton and West Ham or do you think that the majority of our fans would have been totally happy and not got on the players backs?

On 13/07/2020 at 19:22, mr footy said:

Most would agree ,we were unlucky.But hopefully our luck will change next season and we will have fewer injuries to contend with.

We had plenty of luck last night, how Chelsea put everything high & wide is beyond me, could easily have been 6-0

Injuries are bound to have a more significant effect on teams with weaker squads, as will games behind closed doors.

Bottom line is we were not not good enough, no shame in that, just a matter of fact.

5 hours ago, Making Plans said:

And can you imagine the noise at Carrow Road for the no shows against Southampton, Everton, Brighton and West Ham or do you think that the majority of our fans would have been totally happy and not got on the players backs?

I don't think they would have played like they did with a crowd in there, so they wouldn't have been "no shows". We were caught cold by a good Southampton side and maybe they would still have beaten us, but I genuinely believe that in front of a partisan crown we would have beaten both Everton and Brighton and probably Man Utd, and we would have had a very different end to the season - probably still relegated, but in a very different way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sgncfc said:

I don't think they would have played like they did with a crowd in there, so they wouldn't have been "no shows". We were caught cold by a good Southampton side and maybe they would still have beaten us, but I genuinely believe that in front of a partisan crown we would have beaten both Everton and Brighton and probably Man Utd, and we would have had a very different end to the season - probably still relegated, but in a very different way.

The atmosphere in Carrow Road since lockdown would have been volatile, Farke wouldn't still be here for a start.

He's very lucky the stadium has been empty. 

33 minutes ago, Number9 said:

The atmosphere in Carrow Road since lockdown would have been volatile, Farke wouldn't still be here for a start.

He's very lucky the stadium has been empty. 

You are assuming the performances would have been the same, that’s the whole point!

32 minutes ago, Van wink said:

You are assuming the performances would have been the same, that’s the whole point!

The preparation for the last few games physically and mentally for the players was not dependent on a crowd being in the stadium. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

The preparation for the last few games physically and mentally for the players was not dependent on a crowd being in the stadium. 

The players respond to the crowd, helps them to lift their game, bound to have an impact.

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

The players respond to the crowd, helps them to lift their game, bound to have an impact.

Erm, I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that we were hanging off the bottom before lockdown. Our position hasn't changed. 

Put some of them Big speakers in the hotel corner like Big Bad Bob did (before the hotel was built) an' blast out on a musical loop...."OTBC!....Y'ARMY!.....YELLOWS!"....and many other great K-TEL and Ronco Presents classic NCFC hits to lift the lad's against Burnley?......

5 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Erm, I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that we were hanging off the bottom before lockdown. Our position hasn't changed. 

I’m not sayImg it would have made a difference in the end Number9, but I do feel playing behind closed doors disproportionately affects the weaker teams more, we could well have put in better performances, that may not have influenced the results overall though.

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

I’m not sayImg it would have made a difference in the end Number9, but I do feel playing behind closed doors disproportionately affects the weaker teams more, we could well have put in better performances, that may not have influenced the results overall though.

I'm not sure that's correct, if we had a full crowd, chances are it would have got Farke the sack by now. 

It's proven that the increase in subs favours the bigger teams because they have world class players on the bench. 

I'm trying to work out how supporters could get Farke the sack and yet not affect the results leading up to it...