Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Any championship players you would not mind seeing make the move to us?

As for some of my thoughts from having watched quite a few championship games this season..

Kristian Pedersen seems like a very solid centreback and defender, 6ft 3 and can also slot into left back, although of course we have Mccalum coming in would be good to have another that can slot there if needs be what with Jamal now most likely going to Palace, and he's only on around 11 grand a week it seems. Of course he's with Brentford, and they do seem a very good shout for promotion so I would think he would only join us should they bottle it and not go up.

Not that we need many more midfielders, but if we do sell a few (and let's be fair we probably will) and we need an experenced, big strong midfielder Ben Watson would be a good shout. Know's the leauge more than many others, and could not doubt help out all our youngsters.

Now with Cantwell most likely going, and sadly Emi might be too, we might just need a winger. And you know who I think fit's our bill? Josh Ginnelly. of Preston, although he is on loan at Bristol if I remember right. Only just turned 23, English, and has a ridiculous level of pace and speed, with skill too boot.. And given I would argue our only winger with pace is hernandez I feel another super quick one coming in would help things.. And did I mention hes ony on 2 grand a week?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Matt Grimes from Swansea please.

Defensive midfielder but comfortable on the ball, good range of passing but decent at breaking up play. Also only 24 and counts as homegrown. 

38 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Diedhiou from Bristol City, a big handful of a centre forward 

A proven Championship goalscorer will not come cheaply, Bristol City have a lot of money behind them and wouldn't need to sell. A younger player in his mould would be an astute acquisition, though.

21 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

A proven Championship goalscorer will not come cheaply, Bristol City have a lot of money behind them and wouldn't need to sell. A younger player in his mould would be an astute acquisition, though.

The reports last month was that he was refusing to sign a new contract and will be in his last year.

Mind you it also said that Fenerbahce are interested.

• Thanks 1

Most play for Brentford or Leeds and would not come... Realistically Reading's John Swift. Creative midfielder, loads of assists. 

27 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

I know one thing. Could definitely use some players with some height. 

Exactly. We need to be far more robust especially in the air and at set pieces at both ends.

16 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

The reports last month was that he was refusing to sign a new contract and will be in his last year.

Mind you it also said that Fenerbahce are interested.

Ah, hadn't seen that. We only ever play with one up front, though, and I can't see either him or Pukki being content to spend a great deal of time on the bench.

I saw somewhere ages back that seemed fairly sensible but was also on Twitter, that we had a real interest in Danny Loader of Reading. I wouldn't have even clicked onto the article as it didn't mention what team was in for him initially, but my DoF bought him for my QPR team on FM ages back for an eye-watering amount and I was furious.

He was alright, though. Speedy winger, young, English, potential.

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Been watching the Oxford Wycombe match and boy, Anthony Stewart is immnense! Looks like the kind of Centreback we need. Think we should make a punt?

Crying his eyes out at the full whistle while being told that he's ****ing immense by his fellow players. Aways love to see it

4 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Technically not a championship player but I’d like us to get Rhian Brewster in on loan. A quick google suggests he’s got 8 in 17. 

I said that about him at the start of this season. Going to be a top player 

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Been watching the Oxford Wycombe match and boy, Anthony Stewart is immnense! Looks like the kind of Centreback we need. Think we should make a punt?

Totally agree with this, seen him a few times this season, always stood out for them, think he'd be perfect for us using a zonal marking system 

Conor Gallagher - Chelsea midfielder with lots of positive attacking play, fits the mould of young upcoming talent with prem league potential 

Lewis Travis - Blackburn defensive mid

Ayala - former player available on a free and now an experienced champ central defender

Conor Wickham or Dwight Gayle for proven champ Striker 

Gk reserve - David Marshall from Wigan as another blast from the past

Dwight Gayle and Harrison Reid to help get us out of the Championship.

Football will get us out of the Championship but to keep us up we will need to sign players with height, power and physical presence.

As mentioned by @Tommo, I'd have Travis from Blackburn in a heart beat. Sadly we're not going to be making big money signings from fellow Championship teams.

I would, however, try get Nathaniel Phillips in on loan from Liverpool.

Toney would be first choice for me. I know we don't see 90 minutes much but from the highlights and his stats then he can step up a division at least.

Harrison Reed is another good shout.

It is difficult. We need to find and develop young men who are capable of progressing enough to get us promoted and be able to play in a higher division. But we need experience in the Championship as well.

I definitely think it is midfield that needs addressing. So Swift, Grimes and Eze, maybe the only ones available. have received all the plaudits this season. Watson too old, Phillips and Pereira going up

The trouble is even average Championship players cost around £7m - £10m if they are young and English. 

Eze for example is being quoted for £15m and has Premier League interest. I can’t see Norwich shopping in the Championship as it is just too over priced. 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Why not? Some very decent players being suggested. Or would you rather we go and sign messi?

Messi is a bit too old to be a Webber signing. 

But signing players from Wycombe and Oxford is just what we need.

Toney £8m, Eze £15m. These fees will not be happening this summer from us especially when prem clubs are in the running.

Look at the players with been linked to like Man and the polish guy today, that's the market we are in.