Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Congratulations Delia!

Delia has now extended her club record as the owner with the most relegations since 1956 and she is now officially five times worse than Chase. So now I need to update my league table as below.

Most relegations by club owner since 1956:

Delia 5

Sir Arthur 3

Chase 1

Watling 0

Told you she was no good.

Far more work for you to do on this thread Vince before ' certain posters ' join in. 😜

8 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

4/10 Big Vince. Not quite your usual high standards.

Poor Vince, relegation has left him a shadow of his former self.

Apples

Big Vince used to be such a good poster but that effort was worse than the teams against WHU, for that reason, and with a very heavy heart,  it has got to be........Vince Out!!..............

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Far more work for you to do on this thread Vince before ' certain posters ' join in. 😜

Just wait 'til the 'usual suspects' turn up.

They may even rewrite his post for him😉 

44 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

She also leads the table for most promotions I believe.

That's totally irrelevant in Pig Mince-land where giving credit for such frequent flukes of luck will not be tolerated 🤣

And what a fantastic ride its been for city fans in the past 20 years. Hardly a dull season.

Remember when Stoke were held up as a shining example of a comparable club operating at a higher level. 

Be careful what you wish for. 

25 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ah, bless, the most relegations......and the most promotions.  And Chase mismanaged us to financial ruin and Delia managed us to a state of security. 

Like needing to sell a single prized player to avoid administration for the entire club? Oh wait, that was James Maddison. It's not all rosy under Delia. Chase gambled and lost, sure, but under Delia we're constantly having to work to keep the wolves from the door.

• Like 1

The stark facts spell out just how dreadful her ownership has been 

how much longer must we endure the unendurable, deal with the undealable and accept the unacceptable?

Delia out , stinking rich Chinese owner in 

11 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Like needing to sell a single prized player to avoid administration for the entire club? Oh wait, that was James Maddison. It's not all rosy under Delia. Chase gambled and lost, sure, but under Delia we're constantly having to work to keep the wolves from the door.

Yes indeed ...until that gin-soaked old bat took over we'd never in our proud history had to sell our most prized assets,and for peanuts,to keep the club financially stable,had we ? It's a disgrace,I tell ya 🙄

25 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

How old are you? Your post suggests very little knowledge of the club’s history. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

Yes indeed ...until that gin-soaked old bat took over we'd never in our proud history had to sell our most prized assets,and for peanuts,to keep the club financially stable,had we ? It's a disgrace,I tell ya 🙄

I know, right? I can't remember us selling Kevin Reeves or Justin Fashanu (I actually can't) but certainly we never sold the likes of Woods, Bruce, Watson, Phelan, Drinkell, Gordon, Sherwood, Townsend, Linighan, Fox, Fleck or Sutton. Oh no. We didn't systematically cash in on the 1989 side that probably should have won the double. No. This selling lark all kicked off when Eadie went to Leicester. 

45 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Who did we sell to Wolves?

23 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Hugh Curran - 1969 for £60k .....a bloody giveaway imho 

Edited by C.I.D

26 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Ruddy and Bennett.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, C.I.D said:

Hugh Curran - 1969 for £60k .....a bloody giveaway imho 

I missed that one, my first game was in 1970. But I can understand your ire at losing him.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Just wait 'til the 'usual suspects' turn up.

They may even rewrite his post for him😉 

Looks like they already have 😉

53 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

How old are you? Your post suggests very little knowledge of the club’s history. 

32, so I’ve only known the club under Delia and MWJ’s ownership. 

8 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I missed that one, my first game was in 1970. But I can understand your ire at losing him.

First name I learned as a nipper was my dad telling me Hugh Curran was playing (and very sadly, I can't remember which game) but it must have been 1969. My father was keen to see him score (or a fella called Manning).

9 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Yep,he was our Teemu Pukki of the late 60s ........came from nowhere to have one absolutely stellar season .......and then gone in a flash to pastures green(or in this case gold) before the ink on the cheque from Wolves was even dry  😮

33 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

32, so I’ve only known the club under Delia and MWJ’s ownership. 

Not quite, but I have the sad ‘benefit’ of being 50 so several financial hardships at NCFC under my supporting belt!

2 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

And what a fantastic ride its been for city fans in the past 20 years. Hardly a dull season.

Remember when Stoke were held up as a shining example of a comparable club operating at a higher level. 

Be careful what you wish for. 

Weren't Bolton as well ? Maybe even Charlton.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Ah, bless, the most relegations......and the most promotions.  And Chase mismanaged us to financial ruin and Delia managed us to a state of security. 

Delia is to be commended for her work yes but let's not for get we were a Madison away from bankruptcy and as Webber has stated in a real mess. I like Delia but I don't get people ignoring the facts when it comes to her ownership. Tough gig, I'd not want to do it but she is not the Messiah. Sorry...

1 hour ago, C.I.D said:

Yep,he was our Teemu Pukki of the late 60s ........came from nowhere to have one absolutely stellar season .......and then gone in a flash to pastures green(or in this case gold) before the ink on the cheque from Wolves was even dry  😮

On 2 minutes Curran 'scores' against England. He doesn't appear to touch the ball.