Sign in to follow this  
Canny Canary

Where's all the "Worthy Out" posters then?

Probably feeling just a little silly.

McKenzie & the rest of the team rightly deserve accolades for today, but Worthy must also take huge credit.

His tactics were spot on - be tight at the back & hit on the counter. Did anyone else notice the number of instructions he was barking out - constantly calling players over to the technical area to give them guidence.

And from the 1st goal celebration you could tell how much the players work for the man.

I''m still very much here Graig mate, but in my defence I did post a thread stating ''I''m not Worthy'', several weeks ago in which I groveled in my shame at even doubting the great NW.
( and yes, I do feel a right a***hole, OK)

I will always admit when I''m compleatly wrong, are you!?. Plus, I have taking some right rubbish over my support for Hucks in tyhe past.

Still, best Christmas wishes to you and your loved ones.

McKenzie''s first goal celebration intrigued me too. Quite unusual for a debut goal to celebrate with the manager! It was hard to see exactly who he was running to. Was it the manager? Or the subs? Or both?

As for Worthy Out and the Bury gang - where are you? Can''t you at least bring yourselves to write something positive after a day like yesterday? Or are you not even going to allow the slightest bit of excitement and optimism seep through? Yes yes, we''ve won nothing yet, wait for the Xmas period, wait til May blah blah. But if you can''t be excited about our prospects now you never will be.

Whilst I have never 100% liked NW as a manager because of his formations, tactics and silly substitutions. I must say they are becoming something of a rarity. This perhaps is a sign of a very good manager.

Somone who learns by their mistakes and takes that knowledge into the next game. Now with a 100% backing of the board perhaps he can match his own ambitions and that of every NCFC players and supporters.

Premier here we come

ronbol (Always giving 100% on match days)

Actually....i''ll retract that....no need for whining, at any time of year, let alone Christmas. Let''s face it, we''ve got what we want and who cares about how it happened! 2 strikers in, 1 more to follow and best of all......

"Top Of The League At Portman Road!"

Merry Christmas, one and all!

Craig

I must admit that i am not a big NW fan. Sometimes his inability to take someone off when they are having a bad game is dreadfull. However i must say i thought when we signed Mckenzie that we were going down the same road as Abbey. However credit where credit is due NW looks to have made a shrewd move for the young man. I thought also that Svensson had i tidy game winning a number of headers and looks a great replacement for Roberts, lets hope the bang on the knee that caused him to collaspe is not serious. How good would it be to start the new year with a Huckerby/Mckenzie front line, with Svensson ready to come in when needed

agreed canny, saw the highlights on canaries world, was brilliant to see the players going to the bench, this team is united and works for worthy and his team, as you say, tactics spot on. The man is a god, and yes, in the past i doubted his tactics away from home, but he is getting better, and yesterday was brilliant

just hucks to get now and he will have the freedom of the city!!

Not wishing to speak for my fellow Bury Yellows it is surely still sensible to retain feet firmly on terra firma, it’s half way through the season, we are top, we’ve just beaten Ipswich, we signed a couple of decent players and are trying to sign one very decent one, reasons to be cheerful indeed.

However (there was always going to be one of those wasn’t there) I think that ‘our Nigel’ is still learning the job, of course to fair who doesn’t continue to no matter their job. What struck me was listening to 606 last week with this ‘Spoony’ (sp) character and listening to a Chelsea fans defence of Claudio Ranieri following on from their defeat at home to Bolton and all the normal cries of "sack him". Of course with all that money to spend it would be reasonable to expect success but I think he has done very well in getting those players to gel. The main point made was his ability to change his tactics during a game, if at the start of the match things don’t seem to be working he has a great ability to successfully change a formation and get a result and so it led me to think a little more about what I had seen at Milwall. Of course a point at the Den was not that bad a result but mindful of how we had torn them to pieces at ours a few weeks ago, Cardiff need we say more, had Nigel taken a slightly more positive approach there would have been another couple of points on the board. The system first half created a few chances and second half precious little, we were not winning the ball in the middle of the park and Nigel simply left things as they were, a point gained? Maybe, but I think that with a bit more of shuffle of the pack three would have been on the cards

Hardly a criticism but mindful of the fact that in a few months time we will be looking forward to Premiership football such things are going to need to be a necessity so it will be interesting to see if we can now become slightly more expansive as I firmly believe that Hucks or not we have got the best team in the league we just seem to show a bit too much respect at times.

To conclude, I expect Nigel feels a little more comfortable after a defeat than Claudio, I expect Delia has a slightly different take on salt mines