cambridgeshire canary

Ondrej Duda returns to Hertha Berlin!

He looked pretty good when he first arrived but performances dropped pretty quickly - it also coincided with Berlin sacking Klinsmann and their new manager saying he wanted to work with Duda next season. 

He was a gamble worth taking.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

He looked pretty good when he first arrived but performances dropped pretty quickly - it also coincided with Berlin sacking Klinsmann and their new manager saying he wanted to work with Duda next season. 

He was a gamble worth taking.  

"He was a gamble worth taking"

Like Roberts? Like Amadou? Like Fahrmann? God our loans have been awful.

Sure, Duda might have been good for ten minutes in one match but come on, other than that he's been one of the worst players I have seen at this club for some time.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 2

Re: his name.

My preference is to leave that last "a" from his name.

"Dud" should have been put on the back of his shirt.

Over-hyped, over-priced poser.

He had every chance to shine, but failed to the extent that he was over used by DF in the end, to the detriment of results perhaps. 

Still, somebody still believes in him.

He was re-elected in Poland after all.

Edited by BroadstairsR

25 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"He was a gamble worth taking"

Like Roberts? Like Amadou? Like Fahrmann? God our loans have been awful.

Sure, Duda might have been good for ten minutes in one match but come on, other than that he's been one of the worst players I have seen at this club for some time.

Pretty much every transfer Norwich have made since Webber has arrived has been a gamble. Pukki and Buendia was both certainly risks as well. 

Saying he’s one of the worst players seen at the club for a while is certainly hyperbole. 

At least the risks on loan have no long term impact on the club’s finances and we don’t have the ridiculous summer performances we saw with Naismith and Wolfswinkle of having to dibs them a loan club and pay half their wages for them to play elsewhere. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Saying he’s one of the worst players seen at the club for a while is certainly hyperbole. 

The reality is, NONE of Webbers signings get into one of our 'worst 11' sides. 

It is in no way hyperbole to describe Duda as one of the worst players seen at the club for a while.  In fact I would say that was a rather generous assessment of him.

Duda was so bad, he made Julien Brellier look like Patrick Viera!

• Like 1

Of course it's relative and probably an exaggeration but in the context of a club fighting to avoid relegation from the Premier League this was most certainly one of our worst excursions into the loan market ever.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Good riddance! Hopefully he was best mates with Drmic and he goes too 🤞🤞🤞

Rupp is a decent player. Fahrman was the competition Krul needed to push him further on, so both have been good for the club. Drmic just hasn't found form in front of goal but some of his other play has been ok. Blotted his copy book with that dreadful pass across the penalty area the other week, but has shown some good touches. 

Duda? The shambles of a match where he took all the set pieces should have marked the end of his match time with us. He was simply awful - don't know why, there probably is a decent player in there, but it just was not working.

Edited by lake district canary

Loan player returns to parent club.

The only time this has happened and I felt a bit miffed was when Peter Crouch didn't stay.

It nearly happened to Ian Butterworth but  Forest eventually sold him to us.

53 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Rupp is a decent player. Fahrman was the competition Krul needed to push him further on, so both have been good for the club. 

Rupp hasn't shown anything to be labelled decent. Fahrmann often credited with Krul's improvement but frankly we will never know, will we? 

• Like 2

Duda really looked quite decent when he first came in, wasn't it the 1-0 game versus Bournemouth where he debuted? Very nearly scored only stopped by the handball from Steve Cook (I think) on the line - which led to the penalty and sending off and the 1-0 win.

He also showed great link up play with Pukki for someone who had just joined and seemed to be a step up in the number 10 position in comparison to the previously used McLean and Steipermann.

From memory I also felt like he played well again in the next game and was certainly still contributing to the team up to lockdown.

Of course, massively poor since the return from lockdown, absolute 50p foot for every set piece versus Everton. Didn't look particularly interested either but let's not get carried away saying he is one of worst signing ever - that is ridiculous. Especially when you look at how poorly pretty much everyone else is playing too.

56 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Duda? The shambles of a match where he took all the set pieces should have marked the end of his match time with us. He was simply awful - don't know why, there probably is a decent player in there, but it just was not working.

Weird that you are happily this harsh about a player who's now left, but never anything remotely akin to this about any of our own.

• Like 1

Fare well then Ondrej Duda,

he didn't bother the goal that much,

Although everyone thought he shoulda.

But at least he looked quite gooda.

Fare well Ondrej Duda.

Edited by Bonzo
  • Like 1

I went to spurs away early on during his loan spell and thought he was excellent. His form dropped off a cliff aftet that. 

His body language seemed to be that of someone who wasn't overly bothered. 

🎵Oh, the moans on here are five mile long Duda Duda

the moans on here are five mile long Duda Duda day

it’s the same old way

it’s the same old way

miserable gits will moan and whine

moan and whine all day 🎵

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Weird that you are happily this harsh about a player who's now left, but never anything remotely akin to this about any of our own.

Why weird? He proved a liability in that match. His set pieces were atrocious. If he was one of our players I would have said the same thing. I was very critical of Snodgrass while he was with us and have been about others too. 

• Like 1

how do you dodge a bullet ?

you would have to be exceedingly quick, given the speed they go at

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 

One of the most inexpensive names to have printed on a shirt. 

Looks like I’ll have to go with Rupp after all 👍🏻

Edited by Sideshow Tim