Sign in to follow this  
canarydan23

Man City's champions leauge ban lifted- Fine reduced to 10 million Euros.

Is there anyone who genuinely still believes that football, at least at Premier League and UEFA level, is not rotten to the core?

• Like 1

This is an example of what has driven me away from football , I mean what's the point of ffp? I think the sport is rotten  to the core as the OP says. The richest clubs rule it , not the "authorities" like UEFA or FIFA ... Something is very wrong...

• Like 1

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Fining them ten million euros is like fining us ten quid.

I wish, more like a quid.

There is no way they were going to lose, imagine the legal power that was rolled out to fight their case 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I wish, more like a quid.

There is no way they were going to lose, imagine the legal power that was rolled out to fight their case 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, all tho$e Man City lawyer$ $ure worked hard to en$ure they didnt get banned

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yeah, all tho$e Man City lawyer$ $ure worked hard to en$ure they didnt get banned

Yep, FIFA and UEFA are gutless and would never have fancied a proper dust up legally, probably got told by Man City how much they were prepared to pay to make it all go away 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Yep, FIFA and UEFA are gutless and would never have fancied a proper dust up legally, probably got told by Man City how much they were prepared to pay to make it all go away 🤷‍♂️

Eh?

This was literally a legal battle between UEFA and Man City- CAS overruled UEFA.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

FFP, FFS.

Speaking of FFP it will be interesting to see what happens with both Villa and Bournemouth if they come down with us as I believe both have been mentioned as to teams that over spent to get to the PL.

7 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Speaking of FFP it will be interesting to see what happens with both Villa and Bournemouth if they come down with us as I believe both have been mentioned as to teams that over spent to get to the PL.

They will be punished, we all know that.

Money can buy a solution to any problem.

FFP just seems to be a ruse by UEFA as a tax (or a method of obtaining bribes) on the teams owned by multi-billionaires. 

"You've spent too much money. To play in Europe next season, you have to pay us more money. £10m legally and the same again in our pockets should cover it."

• Like 1

So a court found them not guilty... How does that make football rotten to the core? Whether you like or dislike Man City, they argued that they had not broken the rules and a court agreed. 

A have a mate who is a life long Man City fan and he says the community work they do is fantastic.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Fining them ten million euros is like fining us ten quid.

We'd then unfortunately have to call in the receivers.....

9 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

We'd then unfortunately have to call in the receivers.....

No the fans would pay the fine...