Love this guy. Love most of them tbh.  Yes, we got relegated, but looking at the characters we have - Tettey, Zimbo, Krul, Pukki, Idah, Vrancic, Hanley, to name just a few - we are in good hands for next season, even if one or two leave. 

• Thanks 1

You hear what he came out with earlier? How hes never once thought about leaving this club?

True club hero for us, despite all the negative talk he has received in the past from here, he just keeps on going. It's clear hes getting old but I sure hope he stays until he retires.

Wont find another one like him for a long time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Knew you’d be back😊 true gent is Alex and I hope he gets a testimonial for his great service to Norwich City. 

And I hope he plays smashed in it like he did in the Wes vs Russ game last summer 😁

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

...I hope he gets a testimonial for his great service to Norwich City. 

Absolutely - he's given his all to the club every season in every game. A true club legend in my eyes. 

OTBC

Has matured like a fine wine, just gets better and better - his confidence and comfort on the ball has improved so much - especially since Farke arrived.  Will be missed if he can't be persuaded to stay on another season.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Has matured like a fine wine, just gets better and better - his confidence and comfort on the ball has improved so much - especially since Farke arrived.  Will be missed if he can't be persuaded to stay on another season.

Would be a real help next season to guide what could be a very young and hopefully talented team. 

This coming season will be his last with us, he had to persuade his wife to let him sign this one year extension as she desperately wants to return to Norway.

Lets hope he finishes it with another Championship winners medal.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

24 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You hear what he came out with earlier? How hes never once thought about leaving this club?

True club hero for us, despite all the negative talk he has received in the past from here, he just keeps on going. It's clear hes getting old but I sure hope he stays until he retires.

Wont find another one like him for a long time

The first time he was relegated with Norwich Tettey told Norwegian media he was bitter that Norwich did not let him go to Southampton. 

When Farke did not play him at the start of his first season ,Tettey was fast to let the Norwegian press  know that he was open to leave Norwich. 

I like Tettey bit this is like trowing a stone in a glasshouse

8 minutes ago, Olano said:

The first time he was relegated with Norwich Tettey told Norwegian media he was bitter that Norwich did not let him go to Southampton. 

When Farke did not play him at the start of his first season ,Tettey was fast to let the Norwegian press  know that he was open to leave Norwich. 

I like Tettey bit this is like trowing a stone in a glasshouse

Wes Hoolahan got the arsehole when we wouldn't let him sign for Villa, but his service before and since that occasion kind of exonerates him from a brief outburst.

Eight years of valuable service, a magnificent example to our younger players, and seemingly becoming a better and better footballer with every season that passes.

He's been dropped, injured, suspended, written off, and gone through several different managers, and he's still here going strong with the captain's armband.

We should be singing his praises, not dredging up stuff from the past. The guy is an absolute solid-gold legend.

• Like 2

He is a rolmodel when it comes to giving 100 prosent for the club when he is playing.

He is positiv, importert for the team, and a rolmodel for the young players. 

But I read the Norwegian press, therfor I will not prais him for "never once thought about leaving this club?"

Edited by Olano
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Olano said:

He is a rolmodel when it comes to giving 100 prosent for the club when he is playing.

He is positiv, importert for the team, and a rolmodel for the young players. 

But I read the Norwegian press, therfor I will not prais him for "never once thought about leaving this club?"

Okay, fair comment.

This group of players have been so good to listen to when talking about the club, Tettey is a top man in this respect, but many of the others are too.  I don't think I have seen more relateable to players since the early 1970's when players were more accessible than today.  I think that is why I am so annoyed at those fans who have been so derisory about our players "not trying".  You can say they are not good enough, you can say they have run out of steam, you can say the pressure has got to them, but you do not imo have the right to say "they are not trying".  It's a downright insult to such an approachable, decent and likeable bunch of players who were desperate to do well this season.  

But some of them clearly haven't been trying since the restart. They've sorted their moves away so don't care.

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

This group of players have been so good to listen to when talking about the club, Tettey is a top man in this respect, but many of the others are too.  I don't think I have seen more relateable to players since the early 1970's when players were more accessible than today.  I think that is why I am so annoyed at those fans who have been so derisory about our players "not trying".  You can say they are not good enough, you can say they have run out of steam, you can say the pressure has got to them, but you do not imo have the right to say "they are not trying".  It's a downright insult to such an approachable, decent and likeable bunch of players who were desperate to do well this season.  

Got to say i feel the total opposite- outside of Tettey and Zimmerman I'm not hugely attached to anyone in this squad. The team under Lambert felt far more relatable to me. I like our players but I don't feel the same attachment I did in previous seasons.

That isn't a dig at any of these players- just I find it difficult to get too attached to the younger players as I don't see them being here for more than 2 or 3 seasons and I don't see too many of our imports accruing the same amount of time here as Tettey. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

But some of them clearly haven't been trying since the restart. They've sorted their moves away so don't care.

Which players have sorted moves away? And how do you know they don't care?

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Which players have sorted moves away? And how do you know they don't care?

I'm sure the ones that know they are going have it in the back of their mind.

I know this sounds weird but now we're down they can take their foot completely off the gas to make sure none of them get injured so they're all fit and ready for the next season.

Which is another problem all the other teams have, they will get strains and tears and pulls between now and the final week and a good hamstring tear is weeks to mend so I'm rooting for lots for any teams in the Championship and those coming down with us 😂

Now we're mathematically down, I can understand the players easing off a bit in order to recharge themselves for next season (which will come around way quicker than any other season we've ever seen).

There may well have been a bit of negative mentality, psychological/physical exhaustion and collective deflation involved after an extremely long and hard season. But saying the players 'don't care' is harsh in the extreme.

5 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I know this sounds weird but now we're down they can take their foot completely off the gas to make sure none of them get injured so they're all fit and ready for the next season.

Normally I think this fear wound't be something that would actually happen but with so many games in such a short space of time and a short break between seasons (I'm sure I saw September 12th mentioned somewhere?) players won't want to risk too much. Even a fairly routine 6-8 week injury picked up on the last day of this season could ruin a move.

Just now, king canary said:

Normally I think this fear wound't be something that would actually happen but with so many games in such a short space of time and a short break between seasons (I'm sure I saw September 12th mentioned somewhere?) players won't want to risk too much. Even a fairly routine 6-8 week injury picked up on the last day of this season could ruin a move.

Yeah it's a weird one, remember Maddison getting injured in his last game and the concern it had on the transfer to Leicester.

I guess we'll get a clue on tuesday, no Emi, Godfrey, Aarons, or Cantwell then we know who is off 😁

Just now, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Yeah it's a weird one, remember Maddison getting injured in his last game and the concern it had on the transfer to Leicester.

I guess we'll get a clue on tuesday, no Emi, Godfrey, Aarons, or Cantwell then we know who is off 😁

I think with Maddison there was a real worry it would be a long term injury that might keep him out for an extended spell.

In normal circumstances I don't think a pulled muscle with a 6 week turnaround would kill a transfer. In this situation though you'd miss all of pre-season and a couple of games of the actual season before you'd even be able to get back into training, let alone fully up to speed. That might convince a club to look elsewhere or hold fire until January.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think with Maddison there was a real worry it would be a long term injury that might keep him out for an extended spell.

In normal circumstances I don't think a pulled muscle with a 6 week turnaround would kill a transfer. In this situation though you'd miss all of pre-season and a couple of games of the actual season before you'd even be able to get back into training, let alone fully up to speed. That might convince a club to look elsewhere or hold fire until January.

That's the answer then, I'm off to Colney to tweak a few hamstrings on the key players 😆

Considering we're staring down the barrel of a club record string of defeats I don't think I could forgive any "easing off", especially since we've barely got going since the restart!

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Got to say i feel the total opposite- outside of Tettey and Zimmerman I'm not hugely attached to anyone in this squad. The team under Lambert felt far more relatable to me. I like our players but I don't feel the same attachment I did in previous seasons.

That isn't a dig at any of these players- just I find it difficult to get too attached to the younger players as I don't see them being here for more than 2 or 3 seasons and I don't see too many of our imports accruing the same amount of time here as Tettey. 

Do you still go to many games? Not a dig, but even just this break away from being able to go to games has resulted in me feeling less bothered about football and the players in general.

But I disagree with your more broad point. I find it far more easier to have attachment to young players coming through our academy. I actually get a sense of pride and for someone like Cantwell who is a proper 'local' boy that I'd previously seen kicking a ball around down the Neatherd in Dereham it doesn't get much better than that.

Then there's characters like Stiepermann and Mclean - the whole pandemic thing has taken things backwards but at the end of last season I think most fans had more attachment to this side than any in recent times.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Do you still go to many games? Not a dig, but even just this break away from being able to go to games has resulted in me feeling less bothered about football and the players in general.

But I disagree with your more broad point. I find it far more easier to have attachment to young players coming through our academy. I actually get a sense of pride and for someone like Cantwell who is a proper 'local' boy that I'd previously seen kicking a ball around down the Neatherd in Dereham it doesn't get much better than that.

Then there's characters like Stiepermann and Mclean - the whole pandemic thing has taken things backwards but at the end of last season I think most fans had more attachment to this side than any in recent times.

I don't and that is probably a fair point- more difficult to get attached from a distance.

Don't get me wrong I really like watching Aarons, Cantwell etc but I'm not quite as invested as I know we'll likely get to watch them for 2 or 3 seasons max. 

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I don't and that is probably a fair point- more difficult to get attached from a distance.

Don't get me wrong I really like watching Aarons, Cantwell etc but I'm not quite as invested as I know we'll likely get to watch them for 2 or 3 seasons max. 

I guess that's true, although I think that tends to be the same for most players anyway in the modern era, how many of Lamberts signings were with us for more than 3 seasons in the first team? (I have no idea by the way, just a feeling).

I certainly feel far less attached and emotional towards football since the restart so I guess from a distance it is a little harder to feel the same. I'm actually more excited about player signings than I was about the first game back after lockdown, which considering I was optimistic about our chances back then probably speaks volumes.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I agree with this. 

I think it's easier to relate to a group of players who have come through non-league, worked other jobs, and have effectively lived the first few years of their adult life in a similar way to how we (the fans) did.

The current crop have been in professional football academies since they were kids and I think all of them had signed contracts to make them millionaires, driving flash cars and living in huge houses by the time they were 21/22, some even younger. It's harder for the fans to relate to these players, I feel.

I don't think it's to do with going to games either, as I gave up my season ticket in 2008 so wasn't a Carrow Road regular during either era.