Sign in to follow this  
Bill

B'mouth 0-1 ht

lose this and they are down with us

be playing the binners the season after

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

lose this and they are down with us

be playing the binners the season after

Not possible. The binners will be in League Two.

• Haha 3

Bournemouth now 2-1, I know it doesn't matter as such, but we are really starting to look so much worse than any other team now, going to end the season 12 or more points off 19th place at this rate

1 minute ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Bournemouth now 2-1, I know it doesn't matter as such, but we are really starting to look so much worse than any other team now, going to end the season 12 or more points off 19th place at this rate

If only our players showed that level of spirit and fight.. Nah, they just prefer playing well for 20 minutes, getting scored against then giving up

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If only our players showed that level of spirit and fight.. Nah, they just prefer playing well for 20 minutes, getting scored against then giving up

or Leics playing badly as it appears from the commentary

2 goals in 100 secs and a player sent off

still do feel free to have a pop at City where ever possible

Edited by Bill

Just now, Bill said:

or it appears from the comment

2 goals in 100 secs and a player sent off

still do feel free to have a pop at City where ever possible

Cheer up Bill, you're supposed to be a happy flowerpot man

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Cheer up Bill, you're supposed to be a happy flowerpot man

and you are not supposed to make it so obvious 😋

2 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Nothing to do with a mistake by Schmeichel then?...........

Ever wonder how we never seem to benefit from other team’s errors this season, besides Otamendi vs Man City? Nothing to do with putting other teams and players under pressure and forcing the error?

• Like 1

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

Ever wonder how we never seem to benefit from other team’s errors this season, besides Otamendi vs Man City? Nothing to do with putting other teams and players under pressure and forcing the error?

I am actually watching the game. Bournemouth had hardly laid a glove on Leicester who were basically coasting. Nothing to do with forcing the error, Schmeichel inexplicably smacked a goal kick straight at Ndidi. As I type Bournemouth have scored again via an OG and the comment from the commentators "Lady Luck is smiling on Bournemouth tonight"........

Only team not putting up a fight is our team and that’s the scandal of this season

going down with a fight we would all be fine with that but we went down without even a whimper 

Bournemouth have had more luck in 35 minutes of football than we have had for the entire season so far.

10 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Local derby with Kings Lynn 👍

Saturday October 23, 2021: League Two

King's Lynn 1, Ipswich Town 0 (att: 4,232)

Linnets boss Ian Culverhouse plotted a sensational victory over his former mentor Paul Lambert this afternoon at The Walks.
Just 11 years ago, The Linnets were starting afresh in the United Counties Premier Division, after predecessor club King's Lynn Town were wound up in 2009 due to financial shortcomings. Meanwhile, today's opponents Ipswich were enjoying the relative safety of a decade in the Championship

Today, though, marked the latest chapter in a remarkable story that has seen King's Lynn rise from the ninth tier of the football pyramid to become only the second Norfolk team ever to compete in the Football League. Although the Linnets have struggled at the start of the season, hovering just above the relegation places, today's improbable victory may serve as the required tonic to help them maintain their unlikely Football League status.

Ipswich, sitting in second position at the start of the day, never looked likely to penetrate the stubborn Linnets defence, as their organised and calculated counter-attacking style nullified their illustrious visitors throughout. Paul Lambert, who grew increasingly agitated on the touchlines as the match went on, exploded into fury at the winning goal from former Norwich trainee Alfie Payne, who appeared to handle the ball before firing past a helpless Tomáš Holý with just two minutes remaining.

Considering the boardroom turmoil at Ipswich, with owner Marcus Evans having sensationally put the entire first team squad up for sale in an effort to save the club from administration, today's embarrassing reverse will only have intensified the anger of Blues fans, many of whom waited behind after the match to barrack Lambert as he beat a hasty retreat back to the team coach after having refused to fulfil his post-match media duties.

Culverhouse was magnanimous in victory when talking to journalists after the match. When asked if he felt contented to have got one over on his former managerial mentor, the former Norwich legend replied:

"I owe Paul a great debt of gratitude for everything I learnt from him during our time together at Norwich. Paul instilled me with the confidence to pursue my own managerial dreams, and while today represents a remarkable result for the fantastic group we have at this club, I can't help but feel sorry for Paul in his current plight. 

"I am sure that Paul will continue with the brilliant work he has been doing at Portman Road regardless of what happens behind the scenes, and I'm sure that his shrewd use of the loan market will help him to give Ipswich a fighting chance of getting back up to the third tier at the first time of asking."

Dare to dream...

• Like 2

Jesus wept! Solanke set up for the fourth by a Leicester player...

Unbelievable!

It still won’t save than.

Brendan Rodgers's teams always seem to implode during the final run-in. He should have won the league with Liverpool and ended up losing to Chelsea  after an uncharacteristic Gerrard gaff. Rodgers doesn't seem to be great at taking the pressure off the players.

1 minute ago, Icecream Snow said:

Brendan Rodgers's teams always seem to implode during the final run-in. He should have won the league with Liverpool and ended up losing to Chelsea  after an uncharacteristic Gerrard gaff. Rodgers doesn't seem to be great at taking the pressure off the players.

Love the guy, think he's a great mananger and all but you do make a good point- How he didnt win the leauge with liverpool is still beyond me

If this was a horse race there would definitely be a stewards inquiry

11 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

He seemed to manage OK with run-ins at Celtic but Scottish football is so mickey-mouse no one could b*lls that up.

Not a great fan of his after he swore allegience to Celtic then slipped out the back to resurface as Leicester manager.

Yes, money talks but to come out with all that guff then swan off somewhere else makes him look even smaller than he is in real life.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

2 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Hate to say it, but we finished last season very wobbly and looked like were were capable of blowing it and we're ending this season terribly.

Could this be a Farke trait also?

12 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Only team not putting up a fight is our team and that’s the scandal of this season

going down with a fight we would all be fine with that but we went down without even a whimper 

Absolutely spot on Uncle Fred.